******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to scoff at these until DS#2 came along. He was curious and had no fear. We used to say he could manipulate the space time continuum. He would be with us one second and the next he was up on top of something dangerous or standing in the road. I'm surprised I lived through his toddler years.

We did too... until we lost DD at 4 at the Michigan Renaissance Fair. We were standing outside a shop and a group of people walked between her and and us. She panicked (or made a break for it?) and in less than 10 seconds had taken off running. Before you scoff and say "Its only 10 seconds" sit and count 10 seconds. 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi...it can give a kid a way longer head start than you think. She was gone. In 16000 people. We flagged down some of the shop keepers and they got a message in to stop her at the front gates (only 1 way in/out). We found her in less than 5 minutes, within 50 feet of the front gate; she had gotten more than 100 yards away from us. There was no way to see her because of the number of people.

For those of you that haven't been to the MI Renn Fest... daily attendance is +16,000 in a 20 acre "village". Compare that to average daily visitors to MK at +52,000 but in 5 times the area (107 acres). This is one of the reasons we never complain about crowds at WDW. We've actually seen better and had worse.

Stacy

When my DD was 2, we used one of those bear back-pack leashes, and it was great. Our 2nd day there, which was our first MK day, it somehow ended up on our food tray at Cosmic Rays and DH accidentally threw it away. I was not happy, that thing was wonderful. I searched the rest of our trip for another one, I guess Disney doesn't sell child leashes...but they probably should!

I'm warning dh about the double. A double is 6" less wide and 6" less tall than a queen.

So how hard are they?

We have never been to WDW on September. This time will be the first. (October three times, August & July)

We will arrive on Labor Day, Sept. 4th.

So no parks that day, (after flying 5555 miles to Miami and then drive another 250 to reach Orlando).

Which are the expected crowd levels on that week or the next week? Anyone can share some experiences near those dates? We are going from Sept. 4th to 14th

We did too... until we lost DD at 4 at the Michigan Renaissance Fair. We were standing outside a shop and a group of people walked between her and and us. She panicked (or made a break for it?) and in less than 10 seconds had taken off running. Before you scoff and say "Its only 10 seconds" sit and count 10 seconds. 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi...it can give a kid a way longer head start than you think. She was gone. In 16000 people. We flagged down some of the shop keepers and they got a message in to stop her at the front gates (only 1 way in/out). We found her in less than 5 minutes, within 50 feet of the front gate; she had gotten more than 100 yards away from us. There was no way to see her because of the number of people.

For those of you that haven't been to the MI Renn Fest... daily attendance is +16,000 in a 20 acre "village". Compare that to average daily visitors to MK at +52,000 but in 5 times the area (107 acres). This is one of the reasons we never complain about crowds at WDW. We've actually seen better and had worse.

Stacy

Terrifying.

I get to sign in and the nothing... I will update and try. Thanks everyone
When you search, are you selecting the 7:00am time, or just breakfast? If you only select the meal (breakfast), and not a specific time, it will show you the time slots that need to be filled with reservations. So, make sure to select the actual time if you have not already tried that.

I'm warning dh about the double. A double is 6" less wide and 6" less tall than a queen.

So how hard are they?
They are not that hard. I don't like a firm bed at all and they don't bother me. Of course I'm also exhausted at night after the parks.

They are not that hard. I don't like a firm bed at all and they don't bother me. Of course I'm also exhausted at night after the parks.

Yeah and we are rope drop to close kind of people so we are dragging.

When you search, are you selecting the 7:00am time, or just breakfast? If you only select the meal (breakfast), and not a specific time, it will show you the time slots that need to be filled with reservations. So, make sure to select the actual time if you have not already tried that.
Not OP, but this is something I didn't know! I would always just pick the category, not the time. So thank you! :mickeyjum

We have never been to WDW on September. This time will be the first. (October three times, August & July)

We will arrive on Labor Day, Sept. 4th.

So no parks that day, (after flying 5555 miles to Miami and then drive another 250 to reach Orlando).

Which are the expected crowd levels on that week or the next week? Anyone can share some experiences near those dates? We are going from Sept. 4th to 14th

I can give you what Touring Plans had them listed as last year if that helps any. Monday (Labor Day) = 5 (out of 10), Tue=2, Wed=2, Thur=1, Fri=2, Sa=4, Su=2, Mon=3, Tue=2, Wed=3, Thu=2. Looks like you're going at a good time. Hope that helps.

So how hard are they?
We have only stayed twice in a value. Once at ASM and once ASMu. The beds were pretty hard. My DH complained the whole time how hard and little the beds were. He his also 6'1 and I'm 5'7. We are used to a king bed though. We have stayed in a mod twice and the beds are definitely better.

Stacy

I grew up in Holly and love Ren Fest! My DD thinks the purple sand is the coolest thing ever. I agree about the crowds there though. Last time we were there they ran out of so many of the food options that we ended up just filling up on pickles and beer.

We have only stayed twice in a value. Once at ASM and once ASMu. The beds were pretty hard. My DH complained the whole time how hard and little the beds were. He his also 6'1 and I'm 5'7. We are used to a king bed though. We have stayed in a mod twice and the beds are definitely better.

Alright mattress topper it is. And I'm 5' 3" and dh is 5' 9" so we should be okay on the length.

So 2 Black Friday purchases. Mattress topper and a single serve coffee maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter