• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have 2 rooms in different reservations, can you use the dining credits for anyone in the party or are they tied to your name? How about someone who's not staying in your hotel (for example, you met with a friend who just purchased tickets and you pay for their meal)?

For example, Rm1-3A QSDP, Rm2-2A DxDP. From someone's suggestion earlier in this thread, I get 8 more credits QS and 8 TS credits this way for only $70 more (compared to both DDP). I just have all of these credits left now. LOL.

Last edited:
Need advice. We have a ressie with our Disney TA right now for POR for November. We know adjustments will need to be made. If mods get qs, then we really want a standard room at AKL or WL. I am hearing this will be tough to get. Our TA said he will be active at 7:00. Should I try at 4:00 to get that ressie and then cancel it needed. Really want to end up at AKL!! Help!!
I am going to be up at 4...I have trust issues. She knows my choices and my back ups but even so...this far out I can cancel and get my $200 in a couple weeks and I can transfer my new reservation to her.

No offense, but I think each of us is our own brand of crazy right now. I'm just trying to figure out which of you are ax murderers and which are simply a little excitable right now (I'm in this group) lol!
No offense, but I think each of us is our own brand of crazy right now. I'm just trying to figure out which of you are ax murderers and which are simply a little excitable right now (I'm in this group) lol!

I found out today that my daughter, husband, mom and dad were talking about me today and calling me loco. We'll see whose crazy when we're all enjoying our free meals in September! lol

So what is the verdict with the beverage that comes with QS? Can I swap it out for anything? We don't do soda.

I want to know this too! We might have an occasional soft drink, but not with every meal and when we're thirsty. Is there an option for soda/mineral water? Sparkling water?

Who in the family is going? If it's you, your spouse,and dependent children, then you can purchase more than 6 salute tickets. Disney will allow them to be purchased for service member, spouse, and all dependent children.
Hello, we were told just 6 tickets could be purchased. It is the 2 of us and 5 of the kids. We purchased from SOG last time and were restricted to 6. Has this changed? Two of our girls are over 18, so maybe not considered dependent anymore?

Update: I went and searched and this is what I found:
"I need more than 6 Armed Forces Salute Tickets during this offer what can I do?
The policy at Disney ticket booths has always been that exceptions should be made for immediate families larger than six people.

Disney will allow you to buy and use enough tickets for your entire immediate family.

For example, if a family has five children, Disney will allow all members of the family to purchase the 4-Day Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets (for Mom, Dad, and the 5 kids).

Disney defines immediate family as: Dependent Children!

Grand children, adult children, and extended family do not qualify.

Military ticket resellers may not allow you to buy more than 6 tickets.

If you do not fall under this exception, then you can still purchase the regular military discounted Magic Your Way Tickets from your base ticket office or Shades of Green. For those staying on Disney World property, Shades of Green also sells their all inclusive, length of stay Stars and Stripes Passes."

:sad2: So we're back to waiting on free dining.. Thank you LongliveRafiki for responding and trying to help!! :flower3: When we manage to get the kids all married off, it will be so nice for my DH and I to visit and enjoy the perks WDW offers.

Last edited:
You can get bottled water, juice or milk both reg. and chocolate as your drink on the dining plan. Unfortunately, you won't have many options for the refillable mug beyond water which is free for everyone in the soda machines, coffee and hot chocolate. At one time apple juice was an option in some soda machines as well, but that is very limited if it is offered at all any more.

Could you use all of your park days except one (like 6 of a 7 day ticket), then call and upgrade that last day to a hopper pass? We only hop on our last day to hit one or two favorites. If we can save on PH for FD since we'll have to upgrade to TS, could this be an option? Anyone ever upgraded to PH during a trip?

Park hopper can't be done for 1 day. 2 day minimum. And it's over $60 on top of your ticket for ph when it's only 2 or 3 days, so it costs $30 or $20 extra per day.

When you get to 4 day tickets, park hopper is $75 more which works out to $18.75 per day on top of your ticket.
Once you get past 4 days, it stays at $75. So for a 10 day pass it is only $7.50 per day extra to add park hopper.

You can get bottled water, juice or milk both reg. and chocolate as your drink on the dining plan. Unfortunately, you won't have many options for the refillable mug beyond water which is free for everyone in the soda machines, coffee and hot chocolate. At one time apple juice was an option in some soda machines as well, but that is very limited if it is offered at all any more.

What sort of coffee is it? Machine cappuccino type things or just standard filter coffee and milk?

What sort of coffee is it? Machine cappuccino type things or just standard filter coffee and milk?
At the resorts it is reg. coffee from a self serve dispenser/same with the hot chocolate. It used to be Nescafe coffee. Our last trip was 2014 so the brand may have changed. No milk unless you buy it, only creamer for refillable mugs.

At the resorts it is reg. coffee from a self serve dispenser/same with the hot chocolate. It used to be Nescafe coffee. Our last trip was 2014 so the brand may have changed. No milk unless you buy it, only creamer.

The coffee is Joffrey's and it isn't much better than the Nescafe. Although I am a dedicated Starbucks drinker so may opinion may be biased.

At the resorts it is reg. coffee from a self serve dispenser/same with the hot chocolate. It used to be Nescafe coffee. Our last trip was 2014 so the brand may have changed. No milk unless you buy it, only creamer for refillable mugs.

I've never had creamer. :eek:
It intrigues me.
We're a bit coffee snobee here in Sydney so I don't know if that will hit the spot while we're there. Might have to use a snack credit somewhere. Is there anywhere other than Starbucks for barista coffee?

I know I sound like douche :banana: but we're spoilt here for good coffee. DH in particular is very particular.

The coffee is Joffrey's and it isn't much better than the Nescafe. Although I am a dedicated Starbucks drinker so may opinion may be biased.
I remember hearing it was changing but I wasn't sure if it actually did or not. Our last trip it was still Nescafe and we don't drink coffee so I didn't pay much attention beyond the initial announcement.

It intrigues me.
We're a bit coffee snobee here in Sydney so I don't know if that will hit the spot while we're there. Might have to use a snack credit somewhere. Is there anywhere other than Starbucks for barista coffee?

I know I sound like douche :banana: but we're spoilt here for good coffee. DH in particular is very particular.
Joffrey's has kiosks as well. I don't know how much better that will be from the resort dispensers though. All the rooms have mini fridges so you could always get some milk to keep in your room for your coffee from the resort. I have only had creamer once/not a fan. Where are you staying?

It intrigues me.

At the Polynesian you can get a decent Kona blend coffee at Kona Island.

We went 2yrs ago the day after Labor Day and crowds were SUPER low. I was pregnant at the time but my husband and son went off and right back on the most popular rides. Pic is them front row with half empty coaster.
I am expecting larger crowds due to F&W starting earlier, but not complaining! Excellent use of snack credits!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter