******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can give you what Touring Plans had them listed as last year if that helps any. Monday (Labor Day) = 5 (out of 10), Tue=2, Wed=2, Thur=1, Fri=2, Sa=4, Su=2, Mon=3, Tue=2, Wed=3, Thu=2. Looks like you're going at a good time. Hope that helps.

Well, that looks promising!
Thanks a lot!

So what is the verdict with the beverage that comes with QS? Can I swap it out for anything? We don't do soda.

You may not like me anymore; I'm a little afraid to 'fess up.

We're going with a military discount that is better than any other discount Disney provides. We are so very grateful to Disney for this discount, and it makes our trips that much more special.

But, I love hanging out on this thread every year. You guys are fun!!

It's just that with all the changes and unknowns this year, there have been sooooooo many "what should I do" posts and it really doesn't matter. Just thought I'd try to calm some people down and help them get through the weekend.
Hello to a fellow military family! :yay: We're inTexas! I confess I have just been watching this site rather than posting. It moves so fast it's hard to catch up with the action.. But can't help reading the posts, absolutely love all the disboard action and responses.

We would love to do the military room and tickets this year, but there are too many of us. We usually have 7 or 8 family members going and the tickets are only good for 6 people. It seems to me that Disney doesn't seem to plan for bigger families but we're happy that they are good to the military. So, we wait on free dining and hope and pray it drops soon.

Thanks, I'll just keep crunching numbers. Just trying to find ways to save.
:thanks:
Could you use all of your park days except one (like 6 of a 7 day ticket), then call and upgrade that last day to a hopper pass? We only hop on our last day to hit one or two favorites. If we can save on PH for FD since we'll have to upgrade to TS, could this be an option? Anyone ever upgraded to PH during a trip?

Could you use all of your park days except one (like 6 of a 7 day ticket), then call and upgrade that last day to a hopper pass? We only hop on our last day to hit one or two favorites. If we can save on PH for FD since we'll have to upgrade to TS, could this be an option? Anyone ever upgraded to PH during a trip?

Nope.

Edit to clarify that you can upgrade on your last day but I believe you will be charged the hopper cost for all the days of your tickets.

Last edited:

This is what is coming to my mind. I think you can but cost is same is if you had done it before your trip.

The cost is the same either way. If you are for sure going to hop I would purchase it at the beginning.

We have never been to WDW on September. This time will be the first. (October three times, August & July)

We will arrive on Labor Day, Sept. 4th.

So no parks that day, (after flying 5555 miles to Miami and then drive another 250 to reach Orlando).

Which are the expected crowd levels on that week or the next week? Anyone can share some experiences near those dates? We are going from Sept. 4th to 14th
We went 2yrs ago the day after Labor Day and crowds were SUPER low. I was pregnant at the time but my husband and son went off and right back on the most popular rides. Pic is them front row with half empty coaster.

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 47
For anyone wanting to know, "should I change.......?"

Don't change anything right now. For goodness sakes, we only have a couple more days. Book exactly what you want WITHOUT free dining. There is no way of knowing how many rooms, what type of rooms, which resorts, and anything else Disney wants to throw in there, will be available for free dining. You may not get free dining. You can make any needed changes when you go to book the special offer. Having it on your reservation now makes no difference whatsoever.

I think I might re-post this every page or two.

Hehehe - we've never met but your broken record sounds a lot like my moms voice in my head...

Hello to a fellow military family! :yay: We're inTexas! I confess I have just been watching this site rather than posting. It moves so fast it's hard to catch up with the action.. But can't help reading the posts, absolutely love all the disboard action and responses.

We would love to do the military room and tickets this year, but there are too many of us. We usually have 7 or 8 family members going and the tickets are only good for 6 people. It seems to me that Disney doesn't seem to plan for bigger families but we're happy that they are good to the military. So, we wait on free dining and hope and pray it drops soon.

Who in the family is going? If it's you, your spouse,and dependent children, then you can purchase more than 6 salute tickets. Disney will allow them to be purchased for service member, spouse, and all dependent children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter