******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone booked the garden wing at the Contemporary? There is a review on trip advisor that says not to stay there - very far from the main hotel. Thoughts?
We stayed in the garden wing last year. I'd say it was about a 5 minute walk. It was nice and quiet and our room had a view of the lake. We could see the sun rise in the morning and see the water pageant at night. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Hey guys, I have a question and it probably sounds really stupid, but I'm going to ask anyways. So a "room only" discount applies ONLY to the room rates for the entire stay, correct? Not the total including park tickets, dining plan, etc, correct? I'm trying to figure out how a room only discount would save me more, since I've been reading that sometimes it's the better deal, but I can't seem to make it work out that way. We have two adults booked at Wilderness Lodge for 7 nights. Even factoring in a 30% discount (hypothetical), the free dining deal would still provide approximately 150$ more in savings for us. Or am I doing this completely wrong? Thanks for your help!

With just two adults in the room, your FD "discount" is right at $140/night. If I'm doing the math correctly, your room cost per night would need to be greater than $700 w/20% discount, $560 w/25%, and $467 w/30%. You may also want to figure in the park hopper addition. If you want it anyway, then just the room cost factors in. If you won't use the park hopper, that's a $160 savings. Do you have access to discount tickets anywhere? If so, you need to put that in the pot as well.

so.... i have my package currently booked with a TA-- not sure if we want to change it but I am willing to see if I can get *** ( because that is usually the one that CP can get a real decent discount on ) - to add extra days at before FD promotion ( so we would not need to change resorts). Will I be able to book online if there is already a reservation for that timeframe in my MDE? TIA

so.... i have my package currently booked with a TA-- not sure if we want to change it but I am willing to see if I can get *** ( because that is usually the one that CP can get a real decent discount on ) - to add extra days at before FD promotion ( so we would not need to change resorts). Will I be able to book online if there is already a reservation for that timeframe in my MDE? TIA

At first, I couldn't figure out why you had starred out the resort. Maybe you didn't want us to know your plan. But I think I figured out why it shows as stars!! Haha!

At first, I couldn't figure out why you had starred out the resort. Maybe you didn't want us to know your plan. But I think I figured out why it shows as stars!! Haha!
oh my gosh.... too funny.... let's clarify the Disney lingo and not the rear end!!! AllStarSports- didnt know it did that

I tried to modify my reservation yesterday to add PH. in order to make the change, I had to "check out" i.e. purchase the items in my cart for the balance of what I owe for the package. The prompt said my credit card would be charged for the full amount. I am not prepared for that yet. I'm concerned that when I go to modify for free dining online, I will get the same prompt and be expected to PIF.

I upgraded to theme park view today (OMG SOOO STOKED) and it said the same thing , but once you went to the confirm screen, it let me select "no payment" since i've already been chunking away.

Concerned about the rumored brand new online queue. As a PP mentioned earlier, WDW doesn't do well with new upgrades to its online site. Fingers crossed the glimpse we got of this was just a test and they decided to drop it. Tomorrow would not be a good time to roll out new website "magic".

I promise I tried googling this first - what even is this? Maybe i missed this during my nap, but i can't find what or why is this a thing? I definitely did not have anything like that this afternoon when i modified my reservation.

When I am logged in, I can only see 6 of the special offers... but when I log out of my Disney account and clear my history I get 11. I have room, tix and dining package already booked, so I want to modify this reservation with either FD or RO. How can I ensure FD shows up as a special offer when it drops?

Honestly my plan will be to be on my reservation page and just keep clicking on the promos from there instead of the main page.

Hi,
I just call Disney and the CM said you will not be able to modify a current reservation that I have to free dining if and when it is offered. Did I get a CM that does not the way it works, or is this true?

Hi,
I just call Disney and the CM said you will not be able to modify a current reservation that I have to free dining if and when it is offered. Did I get a CM that does not the way it works, or is this true?

That's not necessarily correct

ohhhh Lord.... I'm signing off and wishing everybody the best. I will wake up around 430 AZ time and see how many pages this thread has grown and hopefully be hearing good news from all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter