******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I just called Disney and spoke to a CM about an inquiry I had. I asked if it was possible to make a new reservation, put a special offer on that at a time the call centers were not open, and due to not being able to edit my existing reservation until a phone call at 7am can be made, can they take the special offer off of the new one and place it onto the old one. Given that I technically would have just reserved that spot anyway why wouldn't it be able to be placed on an existing one?

He said that theoretically yes, it can be done, and has in the past however it is a case by case basis. So this is POSSIBLE BUT they may not choose to do it for FD. However, why not try? Figured it was a fantastic question.

DISCLAIMER: HE SAID IT WAS THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE. IT IS NOT GUARANTEED.

Good to know! I'm essentially in this position due to not having a change button. Its either call at 7am and wait forever or make a new res and hope the changes can be applied. I'll definitely be trying.

I keep thinking it is Sunday - I NEVER want to rush my weekend but for some "crazy" reason this weekend is different. :lmao:

Last year I snagged my FD in mid June and a friend got hers in July - yet I am still anxious I won't get it this year.

Let's all tell these stories so we will all calm down. When I got FD before it was a week after it dropped and wasn't even thinking about a Disney trip.

Last year a month after it dropped there were still rooms.

Sorry, I know this has been asked in the past, but what does MYW$TY mean? I don't recall seeing this on my reservation before (but that doesn't mean anything), it may have been there before, but it's definitely there now. What is $TY? Thank you for the money? LOL

Good to know! I'm essentially in this position due to not having a change button. Its either call at 7am and wait forever or make a new res and hope the changes can be applied. I'll definitely be trying.

Same for me! I have no change button due to booking with a TA who refuses to get up and check at 4am. So i wanted to make sure all my bases were covered.

Given that I also have the GC for CBR, I want this. I do not need it per say but I would love it. It would put the icing on the cake.

Sorry, I know this has been asked in the past, but what does MYW$TY mean? I don't recall seeing this on my reservation before (but that doesn't mean anything), it may have been there before, but it's definitely there now. What is $TY? Thank you for the money? LOL

I read somewhere that basically meant: you have compensation, i.e. gift cards attached to your reservation. Do you?

That's what I was going to say. Thank you for ALL your money!

The "$TY" is Disney speak for "just hand over your debit card to us".

And how much is the QS plan per person per day?

(adults are 10 years and older in Disney prices) PER CHILD, PER NIGHT
(children are 3-9 years old in Disney prices)
Quick Service Dining

• 2 quick-service meals
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 refillable mug
$48.19 $20.88

Regular Dining

• 1 table-service meal
  • 1 quick-service meal
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 refillable mug
$69.35 $24.95

Deluxe Dining

• 3 meals (any combination of table-service and quick-service)
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 refillable mug
$106.68 $38.75

Your son and I have that in common lol. Pop was the first resort I stayed at, and always be my first choice - which is also why FD is really the only discount that saves us any money (or more add better value to what we do spend) since Pop RO discount normally isn't that good.
Until recently I felt the same way about Pop as well. Our last two trips I have found myself ready to try somewhere new though. I have never stayed anywhere other than Pop as well. In the past I would consider booking another value resort but would always end up booking Pop again. We like to take long trips and to do that money wise we need to stay at a value. I also can't justify paying the price to stay elsewhere anyway because we are only in the room to sleep. All of our trips except our first has been with free dining. No other deal beats it for us either. We do a lot of character meals so we would be paying for dining otherwise anyway.

Let's all tell these stories so we will all calm down. When I got FD before it was a week after it dropped and wasn't even thinking about a Disney trip.

Last year a month after it dropped there were still rooms.
Last year I had dropped hints to the DH that I really wanted to go with him, never been together and he was like ehh - then one day after a BAD day at work I came home to a cute post it attached to $200 that read :Redeem for Beer in Epcot and fun with Mickey - must use before 2017 - good thing he wasn't home yet because my instinct was hop on Disney site to book not run to hug and thank him LOL. I had hopped for POP but got ASMu - which was fine I mean we sleep, change and shower there I am not pickey Disney is Disney. For some reason this year I was so more into researching things so far ahead

Doesn't help the weather is grey and rainy so it's a good inside stalking Disney info type of day. I bought new books to read not my fault the sun didnt cooperate.

I'm in the same boat! Not sure the added $ is worth the trip. Less and less for more each year. This would be our 6th year but having a hard time with this offer. I guess I'm just bummed as well

I wish everyone luck though on Monday!! I hope lots are able to grab a better deal:) Disney has always been a great vacation for us. But dang we work hard for our money and I just can't justify the added increase and less perks. I want the most bang for my buck! We may just have to sit it out this year. As is the dates, with it being my youngest senior year we would have to go in December when she gets out for break. Since all of October has been blocked. Just not a lot of dates to work with. Can't wait to hear everyone's booking stories:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter