"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm right there with ya! We typically have went in May/June and melted...was hoping for warm days by the pool and fall cool evenings...oh well I guess I get my warm days by the pool!

Yeah up here in MD it's been high 70s low 80s so it's been nice. Today it all the sudden went up to the high 80s. I was enjoying my nice fall like weather!

Oh well, just more shorts to pack next week!

So just checking my weather app for next week when we will be down there....glad i didn't have our party shirts made in long sleeves! :rolleyes1 However I was hoping for a bit of cooler weather because I was hoping Disney would have more long sleeve/sweatpant type of clothing out. I am always cold...:cold:

Me too - I wear sweaters all year because our office is so cold......I had hoped for 80-ish ....... didn't realize Sept was still so hot there for some reason - maybe it was just being in denial and wishful thinking

Don't worry, they already have some winter stuff out for you northerners. The weather has taken a turn for the better this week! Instead of walking into a sauna and sweating just walking to my car in the afternoon after work, it is instead just really warm with low humidity! Mostly. In fact, in the mornings when I'm walking my dog before sunrise, it has been downright pleasant. Summer is finally ending! :) In all seriousness, we have warm/hot weather from April through October. The rest of the year is mainly pleasant with a handful of what we consider chilly or cold days- when it drops below 70 we dress in layers and wear jackets whilst the northerners at the parks go about in their shorts saying how warm it is.

Are we thinking the tiki mugs will be the same as last year then? We are staying at Poly this year so willing/ able to camp out for one if so.... :)

I think they will be a little different. I would love one but don't think they will still be available when we go on 11/1. We have all of the regular mugs, except the elusive black pearl. Good luck on getting a mug.

I am very eager to hear how they are going to do the Trader Sam's mugs. I was sad I didn't get one last year and now that we'll be there over Halloween I hope they still have some left. Last year they had so many each day they released. People started lining up in front of Trader Sam's early in the afternoon.

I would hope they would hold back some for Halloween. I really wanted to do the Trader Sam's F&W event. I think those people got the special mugs. Unfortunately, it won't be occurring while we are there. Hope you get one.

Hey, I'm paying for my entire WDW trip by selling old dolls and vintage things on Ebay! :laundy: (Instead of laundry, imagine me toiling away cleaning things, researching them, photographing and uploading pictures, placing the ads - I swear my day job is easier!)

I get it that it's not exactly according to Hoyle for someone to buy something at Disney, with the sole purpose of re-selling it at a profit. On the other hand, they've got to find the thing, haul it around the party, keep it pristine, bring it back on the plane, photograph it, upload the photos...

Sometimes we miss out on things because we're busy doing something else, or because we didn't want to haul it around, etc. For those people, a seller on Ebay who's offering a now-gone item are a godsend.

My comment was more in regards to people who buy up a huge cache of limited items and sell at a massive mark up or people who use ebay to be online ticket scalpers. I have seen 15 dollar items selling for 50-75 dollars and I have seen Halloween party ticket selling for 500 dollars. a modest profit is one thing-that's just business- but a massive mark up seems dishonest like you are taking advantage of people.

I am not saying all eBay'ers or eBay businesses do that. A lot don't. Ebay is the best place to get used books-I never buy hardcovers new anymore when I can just go to eBay and get a real bargain and there are so many fabulous handmade crafts.

Is the candy corn flavored ice cream exclusive to mnsshp or can you get it on non party days as well?
Party only. I tried to get some the day after the party and I was told it was a MNNSHP only item. Maybe when it's closer to Halloweeen they will sell it every day. It's sooooo good !!

finally have time to post about our party on Friday the 15th. We had a blast! Very low crowd. Won't be surprised if it turns out to be the lowest (or second lowest) party this year. Just about everything was walk-on. We got onto 7dmt before the party and it would have been only 20 min but it must have broken or not using all the trains b/c it was 40 min wait. Still good for being regular daytime.

Lots of candy! 20 lb in the end for 5 of us. The CMs were passing it out by the handful. The lines were different than what we had a few years ago - they now use queue lines, which I thought was great, except it was so long to get through some of them - just walking through, not the actual crowd. We came across only 2 trails (philharmonic and circus/fantasyland where they typically do the character M&G during regular hours).

We were able to dine in BOG for the first time. Great experience and met with Beast! We ordered soup and desserts (one of each). We liked them all except for the pumpkin cheesecake - over the top pumpkin flavor. Cupcakes were really good though!

Saw the parade and fireworks from great viewing points. We didn't do any M&G (teens and adults had no interest) but from what we saw, lines were short throughout. 7D seemed like maybe 20min tops, but I suppose that depends on how much time they spend.

Were able to get the Jack Skully dessert at around 10:30 without a problem. It was OK. Reminded me of a yankee doodle cupcake from hostess. There was a weird custard layer on the bottom that just ruined it for me though.

I was really surprised by how quickly the night went. I know we spent about an hour in BOG but still, it felt like it rushed by. We did everything we wanted including riding the big rides and finally getting on peter pan as well. And we didn't feel rushed doing it. So no complaints, just surprised.

We really lucked out with the crowd that night. We had tix for the 12th but our car ride down took 6 hours longer than we anticipated (ughhh) and we missed it. The CM at our resort was so nice and offered us a refund. We asked for 1 day park hoppers (we knew they offered these for Sunday's canceled party but we weren't sure about this situation since tues's wasn't canceled) and he obliged without any debate.

I would do the ducks first. Probably line up around 6:30 or a little before. Did they change it this year? Last year you got the ducks and Minnie all from one line. I don't think you need to be quite as early as you are thinking. I actually haven't heard a lot about Goofy's line. In the past his line was always short but this year he is actually wearing a costume different from his day to day costume, so I'm not sure.

@magickingdomprincess

It has changed this year. Minnie has her own line and the ducks have theirs. I recommend Minnie first as her line is always the longest then get in line for the ducks. Goofy meets at the Barnstormer in his pirate costume and it's been reported many times his line stays short. That's the order I'd meet them and I'd get in line at 6:15-6:30 to be among the first to see her.

Thank you both for the feedback! That makes me feel much better that we won't have to line up so early! Maybe we can sneak in a few more m&g's !

I think they will be a little different. I would love one but don't think they will still be available when we go on 11/1. We have all of the regular mugs, except the elusive black pearl. Good luck on getting a mug.

I would hope they would hold back some for Halloween. I really wanted to do the Trader Sam's F&W event. I think those people got the special mugs. Unfortunately, it won't be occurring while we are there. Hope you get one.

Last year we were not given the hitchhiking ghost tiki mug, but we were given an opportunity to buy it. We got a different cup from Trader Sams as part of the food and wine event.

Yeah up here in MD it's been high 70s low 80s so it's been nice. Today it all the sudden went up to the high 80s. I was enjoying my nice fall like weather!

Oh well, just more shorts to pack next week!
ar
Also in MD, so right there with you! I thought fall had finally arrived:-( I hear it's supposed to go back down by the end of next week, though!

You guys arrive one day too late for the Black Pearl. On Halloween, only black pearls come up.

If we're planning to see Pooh & Friends at 7PM, would getting in line around 6:15/6:30 be sufficient? We don't want to waste the whole party standing in lines, but I figure if we get there at 4 we can hit some rides before that. Any suggestions for those who have been recently?
Yes, that timing would be just fine. We lined up after meeting the dwarfs last year (so got in line about 6:45) and were one of the last groups to make it into their first set.

No - you can't use a paper printout to get into the park. You would need to take that to a ticket window/guest relations to have them put onto tappable cards. Just use your magic bands do go through the "EVENT" turnstiles and you'll be fine.

I'll piggy back on this.... How do you link the tickets to your MDE??

When I booked our stay we weren't sure what date we where going. We booked our tickets thru our TA a few weeks later and got the PDF for the paper tickets along with conformation number. I can't seem to find anywhere in MDE to add them to my reservation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

They have a really nice new locker system and it takes credit cards. A medium locker cost 10 for the whole day, and you can very in and out of it all day with no issues!
Thank you!! I even had read up on locker rentals on the WDW site but in MK it still was an ambiguous answer ;) I'm thinking this will be the way to go, my costume is easy to convert to from my daytime outfit (Jungle Cruise Skipper!!) but why should I lug it around? lol

I'll piggy back on this.... How do you link the tickets to your MDE??

When I booked our stay we weren't sure what date we where going. We booked our tickets thru our TA a few weeks later and got the PDF for the paper tickets along with conformation number. I can't seem to find anywhere in MDE to add them to my reservation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I just went through this over the phone with Disney:-) Open the app and look under "Park Info & Entry" for "My Tickets". Tap on that and it should show you a list of each individual person's park ticket to scroll through. In the top right corner, you'll see a plus sign. Tap on that and then tap "Link Tickets & Passes". It will then give you the option of either scanning a bar code or typing in an ID code.

I've been on the fence about taking my girls in a few weeks since money is really tight for us right now but DD(2) was watching MNSSHP videos on YouTube this morning and we are ready to go RIGHT NOW! It's strange though, I see people with minute to minute itineraries, etc and I feel like I'm slacking. I don't want to tell the bigger girls (7 & 9) that we are going yet so I can't get their input. But I don't think we need to do any M&G, money is too tight for food or snacks and won't be paying for any pictures. So basically rides, trick or treating, maybe the parade and fireworks. I'll be okay without a plan, right? I would love to buy tickets sooner rather than later so I can get some FP for the 4-7 times but I don't know if that is going to happen.

I've been on the fence about taking my girls in a few weeks since money is really tight for us right now but DD(2) was watching MNSSHP videos on YouTube this morning and we are ready to go RIGHT NOW! It's strange though, I see people with minute to minute itineraries, etc and I feel like I'm slacking. I don't want to tell the bigger girls (7 & 9) that we are going yet so I can't get their input. But I don't think we need to do any M&G, money is too tight for food or snacks and won't be paying for any pictures. So basically rides, trick or treating, maybe the parade and fireworks. I'll be okay without a plan, right? I would love to buy tickets sooner rather than later so I can get some FP for the 4-7 times but I don't know if that is going to happen.

I think you'll be fine without much of a plan. I took my kids, 11 & 13, earlier this month and we didn't have a plan. We focused on rides and trick or treating, no parade or fireworks. You will want to plan a little around finding a good spot for both of those. It was nice not having a plan and just doing what we felt like in that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter