OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

What everyone recommend for one day Holiday focused touring plan on November 9th?

We will be at DLR in early November, with 5 Park-Hopping Days spread out between Sunday November 4 and Friday November 9th. We are allocating for the first four days for everything else (e.g. F! on the 4th, etc.), and are planning on making holiday themed attractions/events the priority on our last day, the 9th. While we know at a high level this means IASW and the parade/fireworks, I want to hear how you would spend one day maximizing your holiday-related time!

TIA!

Arriving with my tribe Nov 30 and staying til Dec 8th. Celebrating my birthday with 3 of my sons, a niece, a sister, 2 son's girlfriends and whoever else adds on! I am calling this trip my Disney Christmas Stroll because I want to sip hot cocoa on Main Street, have a candy cane, enjoy all the ambiance, lights, window scenes, Christmas trees, music etc! I cannot wait to enjoy the Land and the characters all dressed up for the holidays!

There is nothing better then being on Main Street at night with my husband, enjoying the Christmas music, a hot cocoa, the Dapper Dans coming out for one last performance......it’s really what dreams are made of. I cannot wait :love:

How are the fresh candy canes? I’ve seen rave reviews!

They are wonderful! We didn’t even end up eating ours fresh, we ate one later at the hotel and kept one as it was cute. Sometimes they have photographers out with a Candy Cane cut out, I’ve added a photo below so you can see what I mean. And we got this super cute photo also in front of the castle.

Will definitely be doing it again this year and eating it fresh in front of the castle with the frozen hot chocolate from Jolly Holiday!

There is nothing better then being on Main Street at night with my husband, enjoying the Christmas music, a hot cocoa, the Dapper Dans coming out for one last performance......it’s really what dreams are made of. I cannot wait :love:

They are wonderful! We didn’t even end up eating ours fresh, we ate one later at the hotel and kept one as it was cute. Sometimes they have photographers out with a Candy Cane cut out, I’ve added a photo below so you can see what I mean. And we got this super cute photo also in front of the castle.

Will definitely be doing it again this year and eating it fresh in front of the castle with the frozen hot chocolate from Jolly Holiday!

Thanks for posting pics!! Looks amazing! We’ll see if DH and DS are up for it!

On a different note, looks warm when you went. Did you go right at Christmas last year? Was it warm?

Thanks for posting pics!! Looks amazing! We’ll see if DH and DS are up for it!

On a different note, looks warm when you went. Did you go right at Christmas last year? Was it warm?

To be honest we are from the UK so we probably think it’s warmer then most! The day times are like our summers to us! We wear shorts and t shirts in the day and sometimes go back and get a jumper and jeans for the evenings as I can’t be bothered carrying them around all day. Where are you from?

So how hard is it to get a candy cane?

We didn’t think it was as hard as it was going to be! We queued up 30 minutes before park opening as usual and then just went straight to the place serving them. We queued for around an additional 10 minutes and then got to the counter to pay. You are asked if you want one now (this means you get the ones made overnight off site I believe) or you get a wristband to come back with a specific time, meaning you get the fresh ones. We did it on a weekday instead of a weekend so perhaps that’s why it was a little easier.

To be honest we are from the UK so we probably think it’s warmer then most! The day times are like our summers to us! We wear shorts and t shirts in the day and sometimes go back and get a jumper and jeans for the evenings as I can’t be bothered carrying them around all day. Where are you from?

We didn’t think it was as hard as it was going to be! We queued up 30 minutes before park opening as usual and then just went straight to the place serving them. We queued for around an additional 10 minutes and then got to the counter to pay. You are asked if you want one now (this means you get the ones made overnight off site I believe) or you get a wristband to come back with a specific time, meaning you get the fresh ones. We did it on a weekday instead of a weekend so perhaps that’s why it was a little easier.
From Toronto so it should feel warmer for us too! Lol!

Thanks so much for the info! Will have to use being jet lagged to get those candy canes!

What everyone recommend for one day Holiday focused touring plan on November 9th?

We will be at DLR in early November, with 5 Park-Hopping Days spread out between Sunday November 4 and Friday November 9th. We are allocating for the first four days for everything else (e.g. F! on the 4th, etc.), and are planning on making holiday themed attractions/events the priority on our last day, the 9th. While we know at a high level this means IASW and the parade/fireworks, I want to hear how you would spend one day maximizing your holiday-related time!

TIA![/QUOTE

We will be there at the same time. Looking forward to hearing the advice of others!

Last edited:
We’re planning to visit SCal to stay with family that first Christmas weekend Nov 9-11. We have passes to CA (make up passes from a rough day in CA a few years ago) and I want to upgrade them to hoppers so we can visit DL the same day...but not sure that is even possible?

As others have asked...anyone go the first few days of Christmas decor being done? Advice on Friday, Saturday or Sunday that weekend?

Thanks! I can’t wait to go Back! Planning to bring our 2 teen daughters, one boyfriend, and our adorable 2 foster babies (who will be 11 months and 24 months at the time of the trip)! Going to be amazing! So excited!

My husband and I are officially going to Disneyland for Thanksgiving! I booked the flights last night. So we will be there from Nov 20-25. We haven't been in the holiday season since the 60th anniversary so we are super excited!

Just saw an article:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...xar-throughout-the-year-at-disneyland-resort/

Does this mean PTN will be available during Christmas? I’m really happy if it does but was really hoping some sort of announcement that WOC would be up and running....

I’m with you. I’m thinking there is a high possibility that PTN is going to run during the holidays. But I lose hope more everyday about WOC. Dinning reservations for the first days of holiday time open in 5-6 days and I think we will know more based on packages!

Was PTN running during the Spring Food and Wine? I can’t get my head around how it gets through those huts and a queue of people the other side trying to watch it?

Me, wife and 18yo son and daughter going from Nov 12-15. Staying at Best Western Stovall. Never been to DLR only WDW. SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

We are really interested in viewing Fantasmic this year. We will be in DLR between Thursday 11/29 and Monday 12/03, with Monday a non-park travelling day. Historically what nights is Fantasmic? We are interested in the BB dining reservations for lunch (because of the menu) and I need to make plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter