"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

they meet at the gazebo behind the Christmas store, you could try to get a pic but frowned upon to get one when other people are meeting, CM might actually block your view. I would recommend hanging around and waiting for their breaks, then you can get them walking in or out like this
Yikes maybe it’s just me but Jack looks nothing like Jack, he looks like an alien. Pass for us on this M&G even though we love the movie.

Apologies in advance but: NEWBIE WITH WHAT IS POSSIBLY STUPID QUESTION!!!

So I am going to Disney World :tigger: and arrive late on 27th October (staying at Pop Century!) so bought a ticket to MNSSHP for 28th and a 3-day base ticket to go to the other parks 29th-31st before checking out and traveling to see family in Tampa on 1st November.

I have hooked my ticket up in My Disney Experience so everything will be on my Magic Band when I collect it (I’m in the UK so it isn’t posted)

My question: how do I make sure my 3-day ticket is not activated when I go to Magic Kingdom for the party?

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place!

There are lines to the far right exclusively for MNSSHP entry. There are signs too. So make sure you’re in the right line.

65351A0C-88F2-4D2C-AF99-CFC302B3D38D.jpeg

I just want to confirm that BTMRR was open at the first party!?!?!

I've never gotten a popcorn bucket before, if we buy the one at the party we can get refills for the whole trip? How much are the refills? I know those always go quickly, where's the best spot to pick one up?

Also, just to confirm, there are Halloween refillable mugs at the party or those are just sold at the resorts?

Thanks!

BTMRR was open during the first party (though it closed briefly during fireworks).

The popcorn refills were $1.75, and I’m pretty sure the party ones are refillable.

Yikes maybe it’s just me but Jack looks nothing like Jack, he looks like an alien. Pass for us on this M&G even though we love the movie.
I agree with you. I think he looks like an alien, too. We are still going to wait for the m&g because I love the movie, but I'm not sure why they chose that direction with his head. Maybe it's easier for his mouth to move like that?

I have some follow up questions. First, did you do the first parade viewing? As another poster asked, did you go to the dessert party early at 7:30, then to the parade, and then the fireworks? I'm trying to figure out what the best plan is logistically. It sounds like we do want to keep the party though.

We did the first parade. We arrived at flagpole a few minutes before the headless horseman came.
We did not do desserts before. We did rides until 9, then headed down.

We did parade view, followed CM along back way to terrace, grabbed a couple plates of desserts, a couple drinks each, and then the fireworks started shortly after.

The CM gave us a great table, no overhang blocking fireworks. We were a party of 4, but our table was actually for 6. There were a couple of tables for 2 available at rail. There may have been more tables open, but our CM had us laughing so I didn't pay attention.

Now, I did hear a group yelling at a CM because their table was taken. I assume it was a group that went to the dessert party and then left for the parade and then came back. It was a bit of an ordeal, but the CMs set up a table for them. I was worried we had their table, but we didn't, thank goodness!!

We did the first parade. We arrived at flagpole a few minutes before the headless horseman came.

We did parade view, followed CM along back way to terrace, grabbed a couple plates of desserts, a couple drinks each, and then the fireworks started shortly after.

The CM gave us a great table, no overhang blocking fireworks. We were a party of 4, but our table was actually for 6. There were a couple of tables for 2 available at rail. There may have been more tables open, but our CM had us laughing so I didn't pay attention.

Now, I did hear a group yelling at a CM because their table was taken. I assume it was a group that went to the dessert party and then left for the parade and then came back. It was a bit of an ordeal, but the CMs set up a table for them. I was worried we had their table, but we didn't, thank goodness!!
Thanks for this report! I think we will do this instead of checking in before the parade. It will take up less time and since we are a party of 2 I think we might be lucky and get one of the tables on the railing.

Great info, thank you! I think this will be our plan as well. Excited to keep the dessert party reservation now!!

I’m hoping for a little guidance here. My wife and I are attending the Party this Friday. We have 3 main priorities:

- Merch (pins, ornaments, shirts, mug, Magic Band)
- Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket
- Pooh and friends M&G

We will be arriving at MK at 3ish, as we have APs. What would be the best plan to knock these things out as quickly as possible, with no chance of items selling out?

Any help would be great, thanks

Last edited:
My kids don't want to meet jack and sally either. They said he is not like in the movie and they love the movie.
We were willing to see Cruella but if she is just roaming around who knows.

I also recommend the grave diggers meet and greet. They truly are fantastic. We walked the bridge from BTMR to get to our parade view in hopes of finding them and we did. Only 1 group ahead of us, and they took their time with us and took extra time with my DS6. (I think I posted about this that night so I won’t get into it again)
They do not talk or sign, but they are so much fun. :thumbsup2

I’m hoping for a little guidance here. My wife and I are attending the Party this Friday. We have 3 main priorities:

- Merch (pins, ornaments, shirts, mug, Magic Band)
- Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket
- Pooh and friends M&G

We will be arriving at MK at 3ish, as we have APs. What would be the best plan to knock these things out as quickly as possible, with no chance of items selling out?

Any help would be great, thanks
The merchandise will be easy - you can get that when you get in or around 4 when everyone else gets in. The other two will be trickier. You should probably line up for Pooh and gang between 6:15-6:30 (make sure you arent the first inline tho) and then one of you get in line for the popcorn bucket and then meet you back at the M&G - You may even have to let other families in front of you if your partner isn't back yet from popcorn run.

The merchandise will be easy - you can get that when you get in or around 4 when everyone else gets in. The other two will be trickier. You should probably line up for Pooh and gang between 6:15-6:30 (make sure you arent the first inline tho) and then one of you get in line for the popcorn bucket and then meet you back at the M&G - You may even have to let other families in front of you if your partner isn't back yet from popcorn run.

I thought you had to have the wristband to get the party-exclusive merch? (I'm assuming they are wanting the party-exclusive stuff...)

She was walking around Disneyland Park when we where there a few days ago so was the Evil Queen but they would not NOT interact with guests. I'm assuming they were done for the day or leaving to take a break. We also saw Redd from Pirates and she was meeting with guests.

We saw the evil queen on this weekend. She was fun as always. I loved seeing this custodial cast member bowing down to her and she told him to rise my loyal subject. it was a great interaction to see

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter