"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to decide whether to attend the party on Nov. 15 or 16. I know the Friday night party will probably be more crowded since it’s a weekend date. I’m wanting to be at MK on Friday at 4:00 for the special offerings for Mickey’s birthday celebration as we leave the next day. We originally were going to do AK on Friday and the party on Thursday but I’m wondering if the extra crowds will be worth the switch. Has anyone heard if the other parks are doing anything for his birthday or is it just MK?

We are trying to decide whether to attend the party on Nov. 15 or 16. I know the Friday night party will probably be more crowded since it’s a weekend date. I’m wanting to be at MK on Friday at 4:00 for the special offerings for Mickey’s birthday celebration as we leave the next day. We originally were going to do AK on Friday and the party on Thursday but I’m wondering if the extra crowds will be worth the switch. Has anyone heard if the other parks are doing anything for his birthday or is it just MK?

Last time I was at Disney for Mickey's bday, it was his 60th - lots of celebration, but only at MK, but that was 30 years ago :D All I know is I can't wait to be there on the 90th!

See Post #2 - Mickey’s 90th
I believe just MK with more to come later. Link (Disney) included in post.

Was considering doing the party solo but DH doesn't think the $100 price tag is worth it just to do the parade and fireworks. He also throws a monkey wrench in it because he's not totally opposed to the FEA DP. That has to be a first so I have some decisions to make. I don't really want to spend the money for both since we have an 8 day trip so we'll need money for meals. :ssst:

Well, we dove in and did it. Booked our first ever MVMCP for Nov. 29. It will also be our only day in any Disney park this Florida holiday. And our first time in a Disney park while Christmas holiday decorations are up.

We're looking forward to it. But a little nervous about crowds and late/long night (we have a medical issue in our group).

What's this that I'm seeing some people saying they might be letting people enter at 2 p.m. this year rather than 4 p.m.?! I'm not sure if we should be excited or concerned about that (it might make us push it earlier in the day and make getting through and to the actual party events -- parade, fireworks, etc. -- challenging).

Well, we dove in and did it. Booked our first ever MVMCP for Nov. 29. It will also be our only day in any Disney park this Florida holiday. And our first time in a Disney park while Christmas holiday decorations are up.

We're looking forward to it. But a little nervous about crowds and late/long night (we have a medical issue in our group).

What's this that I'm seeing some people saying they might be letting people enter at 2 p.m. this year rather than 4 p.m.?! I'm not sure if we should be excited or concerned about that (it might make us push it earlier in the day and make getting through and to the actual party events -- parade, fireworks, etc. -- challenging).

I believe the 2pm is for DVC members.

Can anyone tell me if you can pick up the exclusive MVMCP Sorcerer's of Magic Kingdom Card before 7pm? We were hoping to pick our's up as we headed into the park around 4pm with our wristbands.

Can anyone tell me if you can pick up the exclusive MVMCP Sorcerer's of Magic Kingdom Card before 7pm? We were hoping to pick our's up as we headed into the park around 4pm with our wristbands.
We’ve always been able to get ours as soon as we have our wristbands (just after 4).

We’ve always been able to get ours as soon as we have our wristbands (just after 4).

Awesome! Thank you. We have ressies at LTT at 5pm so we didn't want to have to back track to pick those up. This is one of the most important things on my DD15's list of things thing to do.

Question to those who have done the party before. Is a 4:50 dining reservation at the plaza a good idea? Should I try to get an early time. We want to eat before the party so we won't be wasting any party time. Thanks!

Question to those who have done the party before. Is a 4:50 dining reservation at the plaza a good idea? Should I try to get an early time. We want to eat before the party so we won't be wasting any party time. Thanks!

We’ve done 5/6pm dining reservations for previous parties. At 4:50 you’d be finished before the party officially starts at 7pm. If you were wanting to get in line early for major characters, then you may want to make it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter