Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

Still working on convincing DH we can do these races next year, he's not on board yet, but I will join this thread, just in case ;)

Not sure if I will be maintaining my legacy status, but I will follow the thread just in case.
Same here! I can't decide - it's so early! I don't mind the training but it's hard to plan around kids' activities and work a year out. I'll probably do it though lol.

I'd also LOVE to do Light Side. Working on convincing DH that I could do a quick solo trip out west. Fingers crossed ;)

Registered today for the 10K and my husband for the challenge through the past participant link. My surgery is costing me less than I thought (in-network costs/out of pocket maximums rather than out of network costs/out of pocket maximums!) so I could swing in now rather than later.

We are wanting to do the three races next year and will be ready to book as soon as they are live. Did dopey (or whatever you want to call it) this year and are back for more. Already booked our holiday staying in Cabana Bay and flying out out on Friday 13th!

thanks for starting this. I'm also trying to convince DH to run this with me. Looking forward to lots of talk and planning with you all!

For most weekends with a challenge, the 10k fills up first due to the limited number of slots available compared to the 5k.

TY I told a friend I'd do the 5 with her and thought hey while I'm there might as well do the 10 as well

I'd taken off of work for general registration day but lucked into getting AP day scheduled off as well so I'll aim for the 10 first on Thursday and then if the 5 is already gone for AP get it on the 23rd

Plenty of time to train to do the half as well. Do them all!
Leaning toward my first half being either princess in 2019 or a non Disney race

Dark Side newbie looking for sage advice. So next week what race should I aim for signing up first the 5k or the 10k

DH and I signed up for the 5k in October last year. I think it was open on and off through the beginning of the year. I wonder if the Challenge is ever broken out to the 2 separate races?

Dark Side newbie looking for sage advice. So next week what race should I aim for signing up first the 5k or the 10k
For most weekends with a challenge, the 10k fills up first due to the limited number of slots available compared to the 5k.
I agree - 10K first. The 5K both years has been open for a while.

I wonder if the Challenge is ever broken out to the 2 separate races?
I don't recall them doing that, but I do remember various races opening and closing a few times last year.

With all the talk about no characters on the course at DL Tinker Bell 5k, I just read again the 2018 Dark Side descriptions. Characters on course aren't mentioned on any course (just generic entertainment) and after race characters only for the Challenge (how would they do that?). Just wanted to toss this out there for those who haven't registered yet if it makes a difference.

I really hope this isn't the case!

With all the talk about no characters on the course at DL Tinker Bell 5k, I just read again the 2018 Dark Side descriptions. Characters on course aren't mentioned on any course (just generic entertainment) and after race characters only for the Challenge (how would they do that?). Just wanted to toss this out there for those who haven't registered yet if it makes a difference.

I really hope this isn't the case!
I'm not sure if the Star Wars races (either DL or WDW) ever said characters, the other weekends all say "Disney Characters" and since Disney characters won't be out at Star Wars they probably just deleted that part when they made the new races/pages. As for post race characters who knows, but I wouldn't get too worried about what the website says, it's known for mistakes/typos/and basically just leaving stuff off as they copy/paste a lot. If it's says for the challenge than that would be 10k & half so they probably just forgot to put it for the 5k maybe. It would be nice if the website was better but it has issues, I think some weekend lists the wrong type shirts too I keep reading people mention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter