Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

I'm really happy about this house too. Not knowing what all the houses are (which might change this opinion), I would like this to be in a soundstage and have big, detailed rooms.

I saw a tweet that said the Classic Monsters house will be located in a tent where Seeds was last year (rumor), and it would be more up close and personal. Not my preferred style for this house, but either way I'm sure it will be a favorite for me this year.

For those of you with a lot of experience here how would you prefer to do this?

BOGO deal
Thursday Oct 10th
Friday Oct 11th

I'm doing at least one RIP tour so would you do the 10th or the 11th?
If you do a RIP on the 10th then how would you prefer to handle the 11th? Another RIP? Or an EP?

I'll be doing this solo, as there is no way my wife is going to walk even within audible distance of HHN, so basically looking for the best way to maximize my time and "fun".

Also, does anyone know of good sources for finding Private RIP groups that are forming up? (Other than those popping up here) Definitely don't mind hopping into a public one but seems like you get slightly better benefits in a private one based on the descriptions posted a couple of pages back.

How much do these tours cost? On the website they say to call for pricing, but I'd rather not.

I’ve booked a private rip every year since 2003
10 max in my group
Have in the last years booked Friday of the Columbus Day weekend

Friday tours are higher priced than sun-Thur tours

This is the first year I am switching to October 4 for booking a private Vip hhn tour when bookings open

Less crowded and better costs lead me to switch
Columbus Day weekends have larger crowds than I want the last couple of years

I do have 8 commitments already lined up
I post on the dis UO side when I am seeking to add peeps to make the group of ten

If you switch your dates, contact me

I also book a public hhn tour for the last Sunday I am there

I go with whatever group I am placed

I enjoy doing the 4 hour tour without long waits

For the other hhn dates, I do buy the pass of hhn ep
I go solo each trip and prefer hitting the houses without the long waits

I am planning to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Thursday Sept 12. Going to do a one day park-to park for Universal and Islands of Adventure. With the express pass, I'm going to try to hit up most of the major rides. Since I am only going to Universal for one day this trip, is it worth it to do HHN the same day? Will i be exhausted? I plan to use the early entry that same day too.

I saw that Universal will close at 6:00 PM and Islands will close at 9:00 PM so my options are:

1) do everything i can at both parks until 6:00 PM and then do HHN until 1 am (or whenever it closes)
2) skip HHN and just go to Islands of Adventure when Universal closes.

If I stay at Hard Rock, do I get express pass for HHN too? or is that a separate cost.

Thank you!!

I am planning to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Thursday Sept 12. Going to do a one day park-to park for Universal and Islands of Adventure. With the express pass, I'm going to try to hit up most of the major rides. Since I am only going to Universal for one day this trip, is it worth it to do HHN the same day? Will i be exhausted? I plan to use the early entry that same day too.

I saw that Universal will close at 6:00 PM and Islands will close at 9:00 PM so my options are:

1) do everything i can at both parks until 6:00 PM and then do HHN until 1 am (or whenever it closes)
2) skip HHN and just go to Islands of Adventure when Universal closes.

If I stay at Hard Rock, do I get express pass for HHN too? or is that a separate cost.

Thank you!!

That is a lot to do in one day........

The hotel EP is not valid for HHN....you have to buy that separate, and for doing one night only I’d definitely recommend buying the EP. Even early in the event lines can get long, especially for the most popular houses.

I wouldn’t do two parks in one day from EE then HHN till close........but I guess if you’re healthy and used to the heat it might not be an issue....

But, not knowing your circumstances I’d vote for both parks in one day starting in the Studios then move over to IOA mid to late afternoon.

But........as a huge HHN fan if this is your only visit to the event I’d recommend it.......if you’re young and healthy and have a lot of energy......go for it!! HHN is an amazing event and with EP it’s even better!!

Thank you!!

I would assume a 36 healthy male could do EE main rides and cover them
for the most part

Studios closes at 5 on hhn dates
Reopens at 6 so stay in a holding pen and wait for hhn opening

You don’t have any to leave the studios when it closes just to hit a few more rides at IOA

You would lose time trying to re enter back into the studios
You would have to go to the rear of the line to enter for hhn

Just my thoughts

So I tried to get the BOGO online but did not see an option to purchase with giftcard. Does anyone know if I call to purchase if I can use the giftcard?

Also, keep in mind that several rides will be open in the Studios during HHN. So, an option might be to start in Studios and do all the rides you want, except some or all of the HHN rides, then go to IoA and do everything you want there, then back to Studios for rides and get in Stay and Scream holding area. Then nighttime for HHN and remaining Studios rides. You'd probably want to plan your day more than usual and try to avoid more backtracking than necessary. Plan meals too. It'll be a long day, but if you think you can do, then say say go for it. Having Express for parks and HHN would definitely be the way to go. Consider instead of buying Express for HHN, if you can swing an RIP tour, then that will help a lot too.

Actually, since Hagrid's Motorbike will be open, you might want to start in IoA and do everything on your list there, then go to Studios and stay there, use Stay and Scream, and HHN. Still recommend Express for parks (you get it from the hotel) and buying Express or RIP for HHN.

For those of you with a lot of experience here how would you prefer to do this?

BOGO deal
Thursday Oct 10th
Friday Oct 11th

I'm doing at least one RIP tour so would you do the 10th or the 11th?
If you do a RIP on the 10th then how would you prefer to handle the 11th? Another RIP? Or an EP?

I'll be doing this solo, as there is no way my wife is going to walk even within audible distance of HHN, so basically looking for the best way to maximize my time and "fun".

Also, does anyone know of good sources for finding Private RIP groups that are forming up? (Other than those popping up here) Definitely don't mind hopping into a public one but seems like you get slightly better benefits in a private one based on the descriptions posted a couple of pages back.

I’m in the same boat as you because my wife also won’t have anything to do with HHN.

I suggest doing RIP tour on Thursday, and then EP on Friday. The RIP will guarantee that you see all of the houses on Thursday, and then you can revisit your favorite houses on Friday at your leisure with the EP. Also, the RIP tour will take the shortest distance between the houses, so you should have less walking on Thursday. Your feet will appreciate it.

I haven’t done a public RIP. I would have done one last year, but as my only HHN night was the first night of the event, public RIPs weren’t available. The private RIPs I’ve done were either with friends from this message board (2 or 3 times) or with family (1 time).

A couple more suggestions :
1) take advantage of Stay And Scream where you don’t have to leave the park if you were already in USF with a day pass; and
2) if you get an EP and are doing Stay and Scream, don’t use the EP immediately, as the houses will have shorter waits in the beginning. You will then be able to repeat the house(s) later in the night with EP when the waits are longer.

Last edited:
Patster, it was great when you went on my private tours

Always welcomed back

Thanks, Mac.

Lisa and I are having our 20 anniversary this year, and we are taking a week long Rhine Cruise in October, with a couple pre-cruise days in Amsterdam and a couple post-cruise days in Lucerne. So nearly 2 weeks in Europe.

I’m hoping to get to USO in September for several days for a HHN visit, but we’ll see how we are doing money wise and remaining vacation days. We renewed our APs in February and haven’t had a chance to use them.

Thanks, Mac.

Lisa and I are having our 20 anniversary this year, and we are taking a week long Rhine Cruise in October, with a couple pre-cruise days in Amsterdam and a couple post-cruise days in Lucerne. So nearly 2 weeks in Europe.

I’m hoping to get to USO in September for several days for a HHN visit, but we’ll see how we are doing money wise and remaining vacation days. We renewed our APs in February and haven’t had a chance to use them.

That’s a fabulous trip you have planned.......

We love Germany and Switzerland.......and went back to Lucerne about 15 years ago......beautiful city!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter