Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

finally on hold after 1 hr and 5 min on DVC 800 number (calling from Canada) - 32 min hold estimation
I got through a little past 9am and was given a 38 minute estimated wait time, it was very accurate, I got through 39 minutes into the call. There was a lag w/ their computers but I was done in under 10 minutes. she gave me a confirmation number to link to MDE and said no hard tickets are sent out.

Enough. I have been trying to call on two different phones, simultaneously, for three hours. More than 800 attempted calls. Have not even gotten through to be put on hold. I have been at this longer than the event will last. My fingers hurt (and that's with the redial button). I would have stopped long ago, except that I have seen scattered reports of people getting through and successfully buying tickets. And since Disney is increasing park capacity without providing fastpasses (or even substantially expanding park hours), it seems like this might be my only chance to give my family the opportunity to actually ride rides, rather than stand in line all day, for our multi-thousand-dollar vacation. I really don't want it to sell out. Plus, once you have invested this much time and effort, you want to make sure that it isn't all for nothing.

But I think I'm done. At least for now. I have rarely been this angry. Or this disillusioned with Disney. Incompetence bordering on outright contempt for their customers.

Called DVC line around 9:45 and was told 39 minute wait. It was almost exactly that! Got 4 tix for Aug 17. (Had been trying regular line since 7 and never getting through)

Finally got tickets via DVC , now the MDE site won’t let me link the tickets, anyone else having trouble linking ?
It took me 3-4 tries 5-10 minutes after I git the email. I didn't get any error, just stayed on the page where you input the confirmation code. But it worked eventually.

I just got my tickets through DVC member services.

I tried various numbers between 7 and 9. Got the same busy/silence as everybody else. 45 seconds before 9, I called DVC and got busy signals, but it only took 5-10 attempts before I git through. I put in all my DVC info only to get the automated call-back-later-hang-up. I kept trying and selected Spanish when that option came about (I speak enough Spanish to buy these tickets) and it said (in Spanish) that there was a 40 minute wait. Right at the 40 minute mark a rep answered (in English) and I was able to buy for opening night, which is during my August trip.

Good luck everyone. It really shouldn't be this hard......
Thanks for this. I'm now on hold after pressing 2 for Spanish. I don't speak Spanish of course but I'll just try "yo quiero Boo Bash".

Update! I posted a few pages ago that my DVC call got disconnected while I was reading my credit card info. I waited a few minutes hoping Member Services would call back, but I didn’t get a call. I tried calling back and couldn’t get through.

I finally gave up and got in the shower - and at that exact moment the amazing cast member Benoit from DVC called me back to finish my purchase. We’re all set for Sept. 24! I may have finished the purchase dripping wet with shampoo in my hair, but it’s done!

I sincerely appreciate Benoit for going to the trouble of calling me back. He apparently had to try several times - as he was even having difficulty calling out. I tweeted a #castcompliment to thank him. So happy to be all set!

Called DVC line around 9:45 and was told 39 minute wait. It was almost exactly that! Got 4 tix for Aug 17. (Had been trying regular line since 7 and never getting through)
I get in every now and then and enter my info, then they hang up on me saying it's too busy and to call back...

I selected the "tickets" option after pressing 4, was hold for almost 2 hours and finally got someone who picked up the phone. They told me I was on the wrong line (???) and said they'd transfer me. Mercifully, I only waited 10-15 minutes and spoke with a super nice cast member. I told her I'd do the survey and give her 5 stars and she gave me her extension number in case I have any issues.

I got my 2 tickets for Oct. 5th! Only took 3.5 hours :cheer2:

Update! I posted a few pages ago that my DVC call got disconnected while I was reading my credit card info. I waited a few minutes hoping Member Services would call back, but I didn’t get a call. I tried calling back and couldn’t get through.

I finally gave up and got in the shower - and at that exact moment the amazing cast member Benoit from DVC called me back to finish my purchase. We’re all set for Sept. 24! I may have finished the purchase dripping wet with shampoo in my hair, but it’s done!

I sincerely appreciate Benoit for going to the trouble of calling me back. He apparently had to try several times - as he was even having difficulty calling out. I tweeted a #castcompliment to thank him. So happy to be all set!
yayyy! that's fantastic! and the timing is typical of course LOL

After 3 hours and 7 minutes on hold on the 5277 number, finally got to purchase. Asked if there was pixie dust for a couple extra free tickets due to time on hold but told no. Haha. She did say right now there is plenty of availability for even Halloween so keep the faith! Good luck everyone!

Thank you for the update and glad you got in. I am also afraid this event is going to be way more packed than a regular DAH event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter