Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

My hubby and I will be signing up for the 5k! We're very excited bc this will be our 3rd RunDisney event, but more importantly our first time to California and Disneyland! We planned on doing the Jingle Jungle 5k at Wine and Dine again, but since hubby is a big Marvel fan we thought this was the perfect opportunity to switch things up.

We're DVC members, so does that mean we'll get to register on March 24? And do they offer discounted park tickets as well? And when? Also, we're hoping to use our DVC points to stay on property, but can't book until 7 months. Any thoughts on how quickly they book up and if we'll be able to book? Thanks in advance!

I almost typed wristband or pic, but I did Tink/Princess last year and they did wristbands then. So it's probably the same verification they used for Goofy/Dopey with pics, which I liked a lot in January. I hate having dangly things on my wrist.

I almost typed wristband or pic, but I did Tink/Princess last year and they did wristbands then. So it's probably the same verification they used for Goofy/Dopey with pics, which I liked a lot in January. I hate having dangly things on my wrist.

I liked the wristbands. They were like a badge of honor ;)

At Princess this year the GSC participants did the photo verification for the challenge, but according to the program (I just double checked what I thought I remembered seeing in person) you got a wristband for the Coast-to-Coast. Seems like runDisney is not totally consistent on this one. At least I know registration does include an option to say you are going for your coast to coast. Thanks for that information!

We're DVC members, so does that mean we'll get to register on March 24? And do they offer discounted park tickets as well? And when? Also, we're hoping to use our DVC points to stay on property, but can't book until 7 months. Any thoughts on how quickly they book up and if we'll be able to book? Thanks in advance!

Yes, since you are a DVC member you will be able to register on the 24th. Check your member info page, and keep in mind they only release a small number of spots for DVC and AP registration (they will go fast).

I called last month to schedule rooms for both the Disneyland half marathon weekend and the Avengers weekend. Most of the standard (cheaper) rooms were gone for Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel for the Disneyland weekend. The Avengers weekend still had the standard rooms but that was a month ago. I don't think they will sell out as fast simply because I don't see November being as busy as Labor Day weekend.

They do offer discounted tickets, here is some info from the runDisney website:
As part of your Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend, you can save 20% on a 3-Day Theme Park Ticket*, available only to Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend participants and their family and friends. These specially priced tickets must be ordered in advance by calling the Disneyland® Sports Travel Team at 407-939-IRUN.

The wife and I will be looking to regsiter with APs next Tuesday for at least the half marathon (second Coast-to-Coast). Kicking around whether or not we'll shell out the additional $130-or-so to do the 10k as part of the challenge.

I'm definitely registering early with DVC. Doing the half for sure for my Coast-to-Coast. If they do what we all know they're going to do and add a challenge I'll do that, too. Did the GSC last month. Might as well get as many medals as I can haha.

I'm very glad we'll be able to register early. I can't believe how quickly W&D sold out today! So many ppl weren't even able to get all their family members registered before it sold out! Sounds like it was a huge mess for people today, I'm glad we decided to do avengers instead. Anyone know how quickly this sold out last year?

Was anyone at DLR for this race last year? We're considering going to DLR over this time period (but not necessarily for the race itself). We were wondering what the crowds were like? We'd probably be looking at a Nov. 12th-Nov. 19th trip if we do decide to head to DLR instead of WDW.

So people on Facebook are saying that for a brief moment today a challenge appeared on the runDisney site. It was called an "Infinity Gauntlet Challenge" according to the screen shots. And yes, the screen shot included a "Captain America 10K".

I'm in for the challenge (once it's official, and not hidden in the website code)! Just did GSC, so this will be for the C2C Terrified of registration after hearing war stories from Wine and Dine. I have an AP & DVC, so I'll have both pages pulled. Planned on taking off of work initially, but I figured my chances would be better with my office dual screen. :)

I'm not doing Avengers, but runDisney better officially announce this 10K and challenge soon, considering early registration is next week. Their glitch is going to make a lot of people upset if it turns out it's not going to come this year.

The Active page I found today does not have the challenge or 10K. The date was also wrong (September), but it has a registration site attached to it, so ...

I'm very glad we'll be able to register early. I can't believe how quickly W&D sold out today! So many ppl weren't even able to get all their family members registered before it sold out! Sounds like it was a huge mess for people today, I'm glad we decided to do avengers instead. Anyone know how quickly this sold out last year?
Last year was about 1:49 for the half to sell out. The 5k was gone in under 0:30, and kids races look like they were gone in about 1:30.

FYI for early registration, the early W&D slots were gone in under 0:30.

Again - these are the Active sites that I have found, by using similar naming conventions and other tagging procedures. The thing to note is that this has the wrong date for the Avengers weekend, but in the code, the Event ID goes to a RunDisney page similar to the other early sites I've found.

Active Page: http://www.active.com/anaheim-ca/ru...ngers-super-heroes-half-marathon-weekend-2015

Registration Page (aka Waiver Page): https://www.active.com/register/index.cfm?EVENT_ID=2138926&CHECKSSO=0

These very well COULD all change between now and next Tuesday, but I don't see anything (other than the incorrect date) to make me think that they will. Also, there is nothing hidden in the code on the Active page about a 10K or a challenge.

I looked at the RunDisney page and while those tab headers are hidden, there is no description of the races/challenge that is hidden or linked to those tabs. So, from my webmaster perspective, if they were going to make an announcement before early registration starts on Tuesday ... they're missing some significant parts short of just asking the developer to make things active. And yes, it's easy to hide text and links ... making it visible is as easy as deleting about 10 total characters with delete/backspace.

FWIW, there is also a tab (and tag) to an eventual section for a Pasta in the Park party that does not have a corresponding description or link.

Anyway. That's what I've found. If I had to guess, they have the date wrong for right now so people can't find it ... but, who knows why it says September?

I looked at the RunDisney page and while those tab headers are hidden, there is no description of the races/challenge that is hidden or linked to those tabs. So, from my webmaster perspective, if they were going to make an announcement before early registration starts on Tuesday ... they're missing some significant parts short of just asking the developer to make things active. And yes, it's easy to hide text and links ... making it visible is as easy as deleting about 10 total characters with delete/backspace.

I also looked at the source code tonight. (Yes I know this seems a little insane, but I was glad to see someone else did it too. Ha Ha) As you said, they don't have any descriptions for the new events written out but they do have tabs hidden for the Challenge, 10K, and Pasta Party. Personally I don't think they would have created the tabs if they weren't planning on it. The names are rather specific not just placeholder style names. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another version of the page that they don't have online. It would be easy enough to upload the new version in a few seconds... That way they could test it behind the scenes and as an added bonus they wouldn't have to worry about people like us looking at the source code. Biggest clue for me so far is still that the dates are Thursday the 12th - Sunday the 15th. There isn't any need to have it start on Thursday unless you are planning to have an event on Friday.

It does feel like they are cutting it close but they were still adding details to the Disneyland Half Marathon page the day before early registration began...So I'm holding out hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter