• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

We were booked at VGC within 15 minutes of the announcement!

We were going to do Princess but are jumping at the chance to do another race on the West Coast.

One of us will probably have to take the day off work to sign up. I predict it will fill fast!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well let's get this taken care of now. http://www.rundisney.com/avengers-half-marathon/ Registration opens 03/25/2014 at 9am PST / Noon EST Early Registration opens 03/19/2014 at 9am PST / Noon EST Entry Fees and Deadlines* Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon $195 by April 29, 2014 $210 between April 30 and June 24, 2014 $225 on or after June 25, 2014 Avengers Super Heroes 5K $70 by August 20, 2014 $80 on or after August 21, 2014 runDisney Kids Races $20 by August 20, 2014 $25 on or after August 21, 2014 Pasta In The Park Party Adult with ticket - $135 Adult without ticket - $89 Youth with ticket - $115 Youth without ticket - $69 Under 3 - $0 ChEAR Squad Bronze - $0 Silver - $39 Gold - $59 Platinum - $99 Under 3 - $0

Will early registration be open to Disney Visa holders or just DL Ap holders and DVC?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I wonder if the Avengers will be the characters at the Pasta in the Park party- that would make a huge difference in my level of interest in signing up for that!

I did the 2014 Half at WDW. If I do the Avengers, can I get the Coast to Coast, or would I have already had to of signed up for the Coast to Coast before the WDW Half?

I did the 2014 Half at WDW. If I do the Avengers, can I get the Coast to Coast, or would I have already had to of signed up for the Coast to Coast before the WDW Half?

Your automatically signed up to Coast to Coast as soon as you finish one leg if I remember correctly. You just have to hit one button when your completing the registration for the second leg. You should be fine. Just answer yes when it says are you going to Coast to Coast when doing the Avengers registration at the end of the month.

Soooo. I got the all clear to register for Wine and Dine and Avengers. So I am officially double backing the races. I know a lot of people do this. But it still kind of terrifies and excites me that I am actually doing this. I haven't double backed halfs since September of 2011. And while I finished both, the second half's time wasn't exactly anything to write home about. Then again the second one was also 5000 feet above the first and I didn't really train for a double back. That won't be much of a this time around. So it should go okay. I just have to remember I run some of my best races when i get really nervous or excited. And I've run a faster time on a second race off of a double back before. Mind you that was off a set of 10ks but still (but seriously I ran the second 10k 3 minutes faster than the first go figure on that one).

Anyone else get the W&D reminder email and see that at the bottom it says Avengers registration opens tomorrow? I assume this is a typo, as the website still says the 25th, but just wanted to check to make sure I didn't miss anything?

I can't wait for this, it'll be my first C2C and first trip to Disneyland!!:)

Anyone else get the W&D reminder email and see that at the bottom it says Avengers registration opens tomorrow? I assume this is a typo, as the website still says the 25th, but just wanted to check to make sure I didn't miss anything?

I can't wait for this, it'll be my first C2C and first trip to Disneyland!!:)

I saw that too! It scared me. I first went to Run Disney and then checked here. I am hoping it is a typo as I have a couple of friends on the fence and I told them the deadline for deciding. I don't want to rush them.

Christ on a pony, $200 for a half marathon and $70 for a 5k!?!

No thanks.

Lol, that's what my DH said. Obviously a lot of people are saying yes please :).
I'm sure it will sell out in another DL race record breaking time.

DD and I are doing the 1/2 and 5K. I'll be doing it through a charity organization and I'll be signing DD up through the Disney site.
I did the inaugural ToT, DDD, and Minnie 10k, I have to keep my inaugural streak going. So excited!
:yay:

I couldn't though that would be $1020 just for the races for the family.

I know, when we read about this, we thought it would be something fun for our whole family, especially since the organization we fundraise for is celebrating it's 10th anniversary with the runners wearing superhero capes. Perfect, right? But when we started pricing it out with airfare, races, hotel, etc. there was just nooo way it was affordable. DH told me and my DD to go and have fun.
Love that guy, I know he would love for all of us to do it!

Any information on who will have access to early registration? All AP holders, or just DL AP, and any word on if it will include Disney Visa? Thanks!!

Any information on who will have access to early registration? All AP holders, or just DL AP, and any word on if it will include Disney Visa? Thanks!!

Hopefully DVC too. Just made a reservation at VGC for this November weekend in case we need it.

All AP and DVC will have early registration. Disney Visa seems to have removed that benefit from cardmembers this year, though your discount is still valid when you register.

Joining in! Assuming we don't miss registration, dh and I will be doing it. DS and DDIL might.

Booked our room already. I was actually a tad shocked to see how full everything was already.

Now to just wait a couple more weeks till early registration.

For the coast to coast medal, do you only need to select that option on the second race at the time of checkout/registration?

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter