Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

If signing up early with DVC, do I have to register my daughter or can she do that herself? I will be trying to register myself and DH.

Joining in! :wave2:

If everything goes well, this will be my first half marathon. I wanted to do the Disney Princess, but that didn't go as planned. I didn't get the reminder e-mail and didn't know when registration opened. Now I'm praying that I will be able to do this one! My Disney boyfriend(we met during our college programs) is an Avengers fan so when I heard that this event was happening AT Disneyland, I knew we had to go. Now, after reading the disboards, I'm starting to worry about it selling out before I get the chance to register. Noon EST on March 25, if I don't have to work, I'll be registering! If all goes well, this will be my first trip to Disneyland too :)

I really hope this all goes smoothly!

If signing up early with DVC, do I have to register my daughter or can she do that herself? I will be trying to register myself and DH.

She will need the early registration website link and code. You can provide those to her. It will so fast so the more hands on the computer the better.

Joining in! :wave2:

If everything goes well, this will be my first half marathon. I wanted to do the Disney Princess, but that didn't go as planned. I didn't get the reminder e-mail and didn't know when registration opened. Now I'm praying that I will be able to do this one! My Disney boyfriend(we met during our college programs) is an Avengers fan so when I heard that this event was happening AT Disneyland, I knew we had to go. Now, after reading the disboards, I'm starting to worry about it selling out before I get the chance to register. Noon EST on March 25, if I don't have to work, I'll be registering! If all goes well, this will be my first trip to Disneyland too :)

I really hope this all goes smoothly!

You can also register on your phone if you're savvy enough. I did Dumbo on my phone on my way to work. LOL.

She will need the early registration website link and code. You can provide those to her. It will so fast so the more hands on the computer the better.

It is not currently on the DVC website. Is that where we will get the link and code?

It is not currently on the DVC website. Is that where we will get the link and code?

yes that's where it will be. the link will not be available on any of the websites (DVC, Disneyland AP, WDW AP) on March 19th, 9am PST / Noon EST. Right now, none of the websites show even the event, just keep checking back closer to the date.

Can someone with an AP sign everyone in our group up during early registration or just themselves?

UPDATE: Disneyland AP website and Disneyland AP Facebook now show the Avengers Super Hero Half registration info! Get your money ready!

All AP and DVC will have early registration. Disney Visa seems to have removed that benefit from cardmembers this year, though your discount is still valid when you register.

I just got an email from DVC saying no early registration for them. :sad:

I just got an email from DVC saying no early registration for them. :sad:

I didn't get any email from Disney Destinations regarding this? Are you sure that DVC is now excluded from early registration? With Disney Visa excluded what does that leave? AP holders?

I didn't get any email from Disney Destinations regarding this? Are you sure that DVC is now excluded from early registration? With Disney Visa excluded what does that leave? AP holders?

"Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in runDisney events. Unfortunately Avengers
Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at DISNEYLAND® Resort in California
is not discounted for DISNEY VACATION CLUB Members and is not available
for early registration."

"Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in runDisney events. Unfortunately Avengers
Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at DISNEYLAND® Resort in California
is not discounted for DISNEY VACATION CLUB Members and is not available
for early registration."

:headache: So just AP holders then?

Still waffling on this one but disappointed no early DVC entry. I guess it's all hands on computer on opening day.

I hope so! Seems odd that there would only be early registration for JUST DLR AP holders.

Are you hoping only AP holders because you are one, or because that means you have a better chance of signing up on the 25th? Just curious, because I will be trying to sign up (if I can) on the 25th, along with DH and DD.

Are you hoping only AP holders because you are one, or because that means you have a better chance of signing up on the 25th? Just curious, because I will be trying to sign up (if I can) on the 25th, along with DH and DD.

I was saying I hope so in regards to the comment mcduck had saying that he/she had hope that it would be offered to both AP type holders... DLR and WDW. I should have said I hope so too...

I hope that WDW AP holders specifically will have early registration because I am one. I do enjoy an early advantage, but I also think that by segregating registration types it helps to not overwhelm the site and thus allows a smoother registration for everyone.:goodvibes

If it is just for DLR AP holders that will mean more will fall into the general registration and I hope the site can handle what I feel will be quite the hit come opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter