Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's going to be close to the same price anyway, I'd go with a Mickey head cake! (but I'm not a big collector of things - so to me the plastic box and trinket would just be clutter in the house after the trip...)

That's what I was thinking too...but then I'd probably have leftover cake to take into the park with us (which is ok - it worked for us before)...I've got to decide tonight though sicne the Mickey head (or another custom) needs 48 hours...

Hi all,

Two years ago we were able to order a birthday cake with a pic of the castle on it for our dinner at CRT. We had another b-day dinner at Ohana and could only get a personalized cake with Mickey balloons or confetti (no pix).

I tried to reserve a castle pic cake for our DD's b-day this year and was told they only do pix on cakes of at least 10" and they start at $75. I know we had a smaller cake with the pic previously.

Have the cake offerings changed that much or might I have been misinformed? I remember previously I had to call a different number for a CRT cake but this time I was given just one phone number.

Thanks for the help!

PJ

Personally, I really think it depends on who you speak with and what location you're at. In Sept we got an 8" (I think) with a picture on it. That was at Coral Reef if it helps any.

Could anyone suggest a cute cake that isn't tooo expensive that I could get at dinner at Coral Reef for us on our honeymoon?!

We did a cake there in Sept for DH and DS4's birthday. The cake was AMAZING!! I would have eaten the whole thing (eventually!;) )Give them a call. They were so easy to work with - I did almost everything via email and called with my credit card number after making the initial call. Good luck!

Personally, I really think it depends on who you speak with and what location you're at. In Sept we got an 8" (I think) with a picture on it. That was at Coral Reef if it helps any.
[\QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking too. Last time, there was a separate phone number for CRT cakes vs. other restuarants.

Could anyone suggest a cute cake that isn't tooo expensive that I could get at dinner at Coral Reef for us on our honeymoon?!

Try calling CR directly. If you have to go through the Epcot cakeline, make sure you know exactly what you're getting. I was very disappointed with the cake we got at Biergarten through the Epcot cakeline.

I am planning a wishes cruise for June. I am hoping to get a custom cake but our boat is leaving from Poly (hopefully) is this possible or do I haave to leave from GF?

I had the boardwalk bakery make my cakes last sept...they were delivered to the Pop century bakery and I picked them up there...was told that pop would have delivered them to my room if request but I did not do that so I am not POSITIVE...just what i was told

Wouldn't it be great if you could call Boardwalk bakery and order a cake and then have them deliver it to your hotel. If they employed just a couple of drivers to make resort deliveries. I bet they would have a lot of business that way. Then the other bakery chefs could just do their restaurant cake orders.I would love to order a custom 6in cake to be delivered to CBR. It would be so cool to go to WDW web site, then under Dinning or planning have a web site just on what you could order and some examples of different cake tops.

Ok I tried to call on my lunch hour today to "pre order" the Pirate My Mini Celebartion cake. I spoke with Julie at MK Dining. She was less than excited to talk to me and told me just to order the cake when we got to the podium to check in. I explained that I really wanted this to be a surprise to the friends we were dining with. I asked for a supervisior or another number I could call and she directed me to the number to make ADRs....I tried but sat on hold forever and had too much to do on my lunch today. I might trying calling CP tonight specifically to see if I can just order them in advance or just do a Mickey Head cake since it would wind up being the same cost in the end....I want to do something really special and the cakes we've had have always been good so I think it's a good idea. I just don't want a yucky cake that's been in the freezer/fridge for three days because no one else ordered it first.:sick:

How much are the pirate/princess cakes? So those are just walk up cakes? No pre ordering needed?

Okay so here is the pics I promised of the mini-cake surprises!

DSC03131.jpg

DSC03132.jpg

The princess box is a treasure chest shape (called a 'jewelry box')... it has princess silhouettes and a castle one as well... the pirate one I believe has a ship on it (they're still packed in the suitcase!)... the cake does not reach all the way to the bottom however my husband and I LOVED the cake! We were celebrating our birthdays (near the date of our half birthdays because Disney in July is just too crazy! :rotfl: ) and they placed a candle in each one and we got a card at Crystal Palace. I had to eat the cake in two separate sittings! All in all we loved them and the boxes totally survived the flight home!

How much are those cakes? Did you pre order or just ask at the podium.

No, but Linda, the GF cake lady, is a PAIN!!! You can have other things done, but you must be specific and a picture helps. She will offer NO SUGGESTIONS.

Such a shame that in the Year of Celebrations that they continue to have one of the most unhelpful people on the planet manning the cake orders at the GF. :sad2:

Does Linda talk with a heavy accent? I jsut called there this afternoon and the lady was helpful, but I had a hard time understanding her. Hopefully we wil lbe getting a white chocolate cinderella slipper for our 1900 Park fare dinner.

Hi everyone,

I have decided to go with the custom cake at 1900PF, my DD Birthday isnt until 26th April, when should I phone to order/discuss the cake? also which is the best number to phone?

Does Linda talk with a heavy accent? I jsut called there this afternoon and the lady was helpful, but I had a hard time understanding her. Hopefully we wil lbe getting a white chocolate cinderella slipper for our 1900 Park fare dinner.

Nope! You are lucky, you spoke to someone else!! Linda sighs a lot as though you are truly bothering her ;)

I'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but I'm short on time right now. Can someone tell me if they will deliver a cake to your room at the Contemporary? I have some friends going and thought I might send them one. Also, one of the kids has a nut allergy would that be a problem?
TIA

I want to order the Chocolate Glass Slipper dessert for my daughter for her Sweet Sixteen breakfast at CRT - I saw a picture of one that had some strawberries on the side, so that's ok for breakfast :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what kind of chocolate they use; does it taste as good at it looks?

The glass slipper dessert cost about $20! They also also gave my daughter an autographed placemat and jeweled princess birthday tiara (plastic) for free.:cheer2:

Hi,
We're doing a dinner at 1900 Park Fare & would like to order the chocolate slipper for DNiece, 11. Any suggestions? Thanks! :goodvibes
Tried to go back for as many pages as possible but the thread is so huge, any Post #'s to look for would be appreciated!!!

I finally got my ADRs done today.... I would like to order a cake at Chef Mickey's....any suggestions or pictures would be appreciated!!:flower3:

Hi,
We're doing a dinner at 1900 Park Fare & would like to order the chocolate slipper for DNiece, 11. Any suggestions? Thanks! :goodvibes
Tried to go back for as many pages as possible but the thread is so huge, any Post #'s to look for would be appreciated!!!

I just did that, and posted about it a few posts back. I called the cake hotline which gave me a choice of where I wanted to order from, and I picked 1900 PF and ordered. Very easy. $15 for the slipper, you give a credit card number to guarentee it, and pay for it there.

I just did that, and posted about it a few posts back. I called the cake hotline which gave me a choice of where I wanted to order from, and I picked 1900 PF and ordered. Very easy. $15 for the slipper, you give a credit card number to guarentee it, and pay for it there.

thanks!! :goodvibes

I wish I had posted these earlier, but silly me I forgot. This was from our Mother/Daughter trip May 2008. I can't remember the details on the cake but it was BIG and probably one of the best cakes I had. I didn't get pics once we cut it, but it did have a filling. We ordered the Cinderella slipper for our dinner at Narcoosee's and the cake at our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. DD 12 ate the raspberries off of the slipper before I could get the camera out. :confused3

100_0681.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0683.jpg

cakepic2.jpg

cakepic4.jpg

cakepic5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter