Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Wow. Maybe it was a big cake. I know for a 6 inch without fondant is $100 and the topper used to be $100+tax

this was also a 6” cake with topper. Higher cost may be due to covid or the fact I asked for delivery to AKL.

Or maybe Disney just charges whatever they want.

this was also a 6” cake with topper. Higher cost may be due to covid or the fact I asked for delivery to AKL.

The price you paid for the castle topper is pretty consistent with what they charge for it for Disney weddings, but I did just get a 6" cake without fondant for $100.

I was quoted $240 for a Mickey ears hat cake that I’ve had before $107 (3-4 years ago). I was having it delivered to AKL as well. We now changed our resort to AOA but price is the same (we are doing a simple Halloween theme 6 inch cake no fondant for $100). I was also given the explanation prices increased and no way they can do fondant. I think they are charging for delivery but including it in the price. In the past it was around $25+ for delivery.

Last edited:
Looking for some assistance/direction! We have a large family trip coming up in 2 weeks (Boardwalk Villas) and at the last minute I’ve decided to host a gathering for 12 people at our Grand Villa one evening. Mostly to celebrate 4 different people who celebrated “decade” birthdays this year and weren’t able to celebrate (Two 30- year olds, one 60 & one 70 :) So I’m looking possibly for 4 small cakes just for fun. I’ve read the beginning of the post but am completely overwhelmed with the amount of info. 😬

I found the Boardwalk info which I’m pasting below. Is there any place I can see photo examples of what is available at Boardwalk Bakery for mini cakes or other smaller cakes without too much research?

Many thanks for any assistance! 🏰

BoardWalk Inn + All Restaurants on the BoardWalk* 407-939-5175
To pick up a cake at BoardWalk Bakery, call 407-939-6355.
  • Mickey Mouse Celebration Dome Cake: $35 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse
  • 8-inch $40 custom vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, fruit mousse or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $54 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
  • Screen print costs $15 for flat and $30 for standing (on a piece of white chocolate).
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested on one-tier minicakes. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $32 on top of the price for a basic cake in the size you want (see above); smallest customizable cake is 8 inches.

Looking for some assistance/direction! We have a large family trip coming up in 2 weeks (Boardwalk Villas) and at the last minute I’ve decided to host a gathering for 12 people at our Grand Villa one evening. Mostly to celebrate 4 different people who celebrated “decade” birthdays this year and weren’t able to celebrate (Two 30- year olds, one 60 & one 70 :) So I’m looking possibly for 4 small cakes just for fun. I’ve read the beginning of the post but am completely overwhelmed with the amount of info. 😬

I found the Boardwalk info which I’m pasting below. Is there any place I can see photo examples of what is available at Boardwalk Bakery for mini cakes or other smaller cakes without too much research?

Many thanks for any assistance! 🏰

BoardWalk Inn + All Restaurants on the BoardWalk* 407-939-5175
To pick up a cake at BoardWalk Bakery, call 407-939-6355.
  • Mickey Mouse Celebration Dome Cake: $35 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse
  • 8-inch $40 custom vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, fruit mousse or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $54 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
  • Screen print costs $15 for flat and $30 for standing (on a piece of white chocolate).
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested on one-tier minicakes. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $32 on top of the price for a basic cake in the size you want (see above); smallest customizable cake is 8 inches.
I knew there was a gallery somewhere. I googled Disneyworld cake gallery and clicked on disneytravelbabble - Basic Disney Cake photos (one of the links (Disney inspiration photos-Disney cake gallery) has the gallery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lurkyloo/albums

Trying to book cake for delivery at Thanksgiving Dinner at Cape May. Emailed GF but although nice, person indicated only for GF. Gave me number to try (407)934-3105 and it just says private dining is closed and disconnects you. Then called (321)230-9868 and it was a very generic voicemail which had me wondering if I was calling the wrong place. Left voicemail 5 days ago, no call back. Left voice mail this morning. So far no luck. I don't have a ton of time to spend chasing this down but thought I'd post to see if anyone has any other leads at Yacht&Beach club.

Thanks!

@ashmac8 Private Dining at Yacht & Beach Club is not operating at the moment, so there's no one there to answer the phone. You might call the GF back and explain that to them to see if they'll take pity on you, but apparently they are SWAMPED with cake orders at the moment, so that may be why they've stopped delivering elsewhere on property.

Alternatively, one of the former pastry team cast members in the Ear For Each Other Facebook group might be able to make and deliver the cake for you.

@ashmac8 Private Dining at Yacht & Beach Club is not operating at the moment, so there's no one there to answer the phone. You might call the GF back and explain that to them to see if they'll take pity on you, but apparently they are SWAMPED with cake orders at the moment, so that may be why they've stopped delivering elsewhere on property.

Alternatively, one of the former pastry team cast members in the Ear For Each Other Facebook group might be able to make and deliver the cake for you.
Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I have had a request for the facebook group pending, so perhaps that is an option too if it goes through.

Here's the Hades cake for our birthday boys. It was a 6 inch, very small compared to all the WDW cakes I have gotten in the past, but just enough to feed 4 people with no leftovers. It only had two thin layers of cake with one layer of filling. I think they baked one 6 inch pan and divided that single cake into the two layers we had. It was super short and not at all tall like the 6 inch we got from GF in July. It was chocolate cake with The Grey Stuff Filling. My husband said he liked this cake better than the GF mini in these flavors, but I liked the GF Lady and the Tramp better...more filling!
It was a Hades, pastry Chef's choice of decorations, for $59 delivered to our Steakhouse 71 birthday lunch! Our DVC/AP discount was applied towards the cake on our bill. If you can see in the background of two photos, DS who is high protein/low carb, workout fanatic, birthday boy...ATE EVERY BITE!:love:

Attachments

• 3E02B012-DF82-4F73-9444-A8B1525BD814.jpeg
    3E02B012-DF82-4F73-9444-A8B1525BD814.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 162
  • DBA16486-4AC6-46A6-8387-1356B410780A.jpeg
    DBA16486-4AC6-46A6-8387-1356B410780A.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 163
  • 4969B9B6-B8CF-4696-B0E9-0943A2ED8CE9.jpeg
    4969B9B6-B8CF-4696-B0E9-0943A2ED8CE9.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 42613322-9C75-4271-A747-F3E4D594AC5A.jpeg
    42613322-9C75-4271-A747-F3E4D594AC5A.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 120
  • FE11348D-7D00-4628-B44D-6315B6B0769D.jpeg
    FE11348D-7D00-4628-B44D-6315B6B0769D.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 122
Here's the Hades cake for our birthday boys....

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback! It's good to know (if disappointing!) that they aren't automatically creating the 4-layer 6-inch cakes of yore... I guess DISers will need to specifically request that going forward.

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback! It's good to know (if disappointing!) that they aren't automatically creating the 4-layer 6-inch cakes of yore... I guess DISers will need to specifically request that going forward.
It's interesting to see because the 6" cake I posted about above was 4 layers like normal. Sorry, I never took a photo of the inside!

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I have had a request for the facebook group pending, so perhaps that is an option too if it goes through.

I have used 2 different cast members for cakes delivered to Disney hotels and am happy to send you recommendations if you'd like. I've been more than happy with both (and they are a fraction of Disney prices)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter