Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Here is my Halloween themed dairy/egg/nut free 6 inch cake; vanilla cake with white chocolate buttercream and strawberries; haven’t had a chance to cut it yet; but the screenshot looks good; $95
19817904-4dad-4008-8eae-1faff7f1985e-jpeg.618536

Edit: The cake was extremely dense and I’ve had cakes without eggs and milk from the GF before. There are no strawberries.

DD has a reaction now.,

Attachments

• 19817904-4DAD-4008-8EAE-1FAFF7F1985E.jpeg
    19817904-4DAD-4008-8EAE-1FAFF7F1985E.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:
Hi everyone, I had posted a week or so ago about getting a cake for an event on November 11. I’d like to order and pick up at the Boardwalk Bakery as that’s where we’re staying. Hoping to do a cake that looks like this image attached for 10-12 people. However the phone number lI found on this forum for Boardwalk Bakery (407-939-6355) just brings you to Disney dining. There’s a two hour wait right now and I can’t hold that long. Any other suggestions?!

**Also, if anyone knows of a former cast member who could make a cake like this I’m open to that suggestion as well! Prefer chocolate cake with gray stuff fIlling if that’s a possibility. Many thanks in advance!

ETA: Can’t seem to attach the photo here on my iPad! I’ve seen the photo online several times. It’s a 2-tiered white frosting with little red Mickey heads all over it and a red Mickey head at the top. Fondant I think?

Here is my Halloween themed dairy/egg/nut free 6 inch cake; vanilla cake with white chocolate buttercream and strawberries; haven’t had a chance to cut it yet; but the screenshot looks good; $95
View attachment 618407
19817904-4dad-4008-8eae-1faff7f1985e-jpeg.618536

Edit: The cake was extremely dense and I’ve had cakes without eggs and milk from the GF before. There are no strawberries.

DD has a reaction now.,

Oh no! I hope your DD Is ok. I forget when it was...maybe 2017...but several of the WDW bakeries refused to work with us if anyone in our group had allergies. DD15 is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts and the GF said no to making us a cake UNLESS she wasn't going to eat it. I hope your DD feels better.

I have used 2 different cast members for cakes delivered to Disney hotels and am happy to send you recommendations if you'd like. I've been more than happy with both (and they are a fraction of Disney prices)!
Would you let me know who you have used? I am hoping to surprise my parents with a cake, but my budget isn't as high this trip.
Also when ordering - how far in advance did you book?
Thank you in advance!

Oh no! I hope your DD Is ok. I forget when it was...maybe 2017...but several of the WDW bakeries refused to work with us if anyone in our group had allergies. DD15 is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts and the GF said no to making us a cake UNLESS she wasn't going to eat it. I hope your DD feels better.
Thanks for asking. It was a scary few hours. She vomited a lot for about an hour with intense cramps but the Benadryl finally worked and the cramps let up. The reaction was immediate (never experienced this before). The bakery said they made the cake from scratch and it had no nuts and they routinely handle allergies (her allergies are peanuts, treenuts (except coconut), sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. I’ve had cakes from the bakery before and we’ve never had a reaction. They did refund the cake. It’s really hard to watch kids go through something like that and feeling helpless. The sit down restaurants are better at handling allergies (she’s had several desserts and no reactions) but their overall food quality is really bad, we cancelled several ADRs.

Trying to book cake for delivery at Thanksgiving Dinner at Cape May. Emailed GF but although nice, person indicated only for GF. Gave me number to try (407)934-3105 and it just says private dining is closed and disconnects you. Then called (321)230-9868 and it was a very generic voicemail which had me wondering if I was calling the wrong place. Left voicemail 5 days ago, no call back. Left voice mail this morning. So far no luck. I don't have a ton of time to spend chasing this down but thought I'd post to see if anyone has any other leads at Yacht&Beach club.

Thanks!
@ashmac8 Private Dining at Yacht & Beach Club is not operating at the moment, so there's no one there to answer the phone. You might call the GF back and explain that to them to see if they'll take pity on you, but apparently they are SWAMPED with cake orders at the moment, so that may be why they've stopped delivering elsewhere on property.

Alternatively, one of the former pastry team cast members in the Ear For Each Other Facebook group might be able to make and deliver the cake for you.

Got a call back over the weekend from a really nice woman at Cape May. She was very kind and keen to assist. We ordered a 10 inch cake for Thanksgiving dinner. I will be sure to report back how it turns out. Thanks for all the help!

Thanks for asking. It was a scary few hours. She vomited a lot for about an hour with intense cramps but the Benadryl finally worked and the cramps let up. The reaction was immediate (never experienced this before). The bakery said they made the cake from scratch and it had no nuts and they routinely handle allergies (her allergies are peanuts, treenuts (except coconut), sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. I’ve had cakes from the bakery before and we’ve never had a reaction. They did refund the cake. It’s really hard to watch kids go through something like that and feeling helpless. The sit down restaurants are better at handling allergies (she’s had several desserts and no reactions) but their overall food quality is really bad, we cancelled several ADRs.

OP, I'm glad you got a refund, and from her reaction, I bet the cake was not the problem, but probably the frosting. It's the toughest thing to sub out both dairy, nuts, and seeds for and still get a nice taste and texture...and it might have been the easiest thing for them to make a mistake with (aka - they did the white overall frosting base the right way, but then just picked up one of the regular color bags vs the allergy one b/c you base coat and then fridge before you do the final decorations)...

(This is speaking as one who never frosts my cakes now b/c I don't feel like putting in the energy to find and make the dairy/tree nut free sub that still isn't great - so at most, I glaze them or ganache them or normally just decide to give up the sugar b/c the cupcakes are good:))...

However the phone number lI found on this forum for Boardwalk Bakery (407-939-6355) just brings you to Disney dining. There’s a two hour wait right now and I can’t hold that long. Any other suggestions?!

As it states on the first page, only the Grand Floridian and Contemporary are doing custom cakes right now. The Grand Floridian is getting less accommodating about delivering to other resorts, but they will let you pick up from the front desk. To find a former pastry team cast member, you can join the Ear For Each Other Facebook group.

As it states on the first page, only the Grand Floridian and Contemporary are doing custom cakes right now. The Grand Floridian is getting less accommodating about delivering to other resorts, but they will let you pick up from the front desk. To find a former pastry team cast member, you can join the Ear For Each Other Facebook group.

OK thanks. I’m pretty sure I saw the Boardwalk number somewhere on this forum but nonetheless someone kindly messaged me some suggested names. I am on Ears for Each Other and did try a post but for some reason post was denied. Have no idea why 🤷🏻‍♀️😬 In any case I am all set. Thank you!

I wanted to share the cake we got last week from the Contemporary. It was for my parents birthdays, and we took it with us on a private firework cruise. We picked the cake up from Steakhouse 71. It was 8inches, marble cake, raspberry mouse filling. Cost with tax was $81. I asked for a firework design. It looked great and tasted amazing. I also have to note that the private cruise was without question one of the best things we have ever done at Disney! Even with the cost of the cake, it was less expensive than if we had done a dessert party for our whole group.

Attachments

• 4A344C43-F6AE-4111-9465-134472767731.jpeg
    4A344C43-F6AE-4111-9465-134472767731.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 91
Enjoyed this cake this evening at Cape May. It was about 85 I believe. Party of 11 and we barely ate half. Luckily we were able to box up and bring back to the hotel. Had a little trouble tracking down a good phone number but once we did the team was great to work with.

Attachments

• D1B2C5AF-8141-424D-A4DE-05226E927091.jpeg
    D1B2C5AF-8141-424D-A4DE-05226E927091.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 165
Ordered a cake from GF last night for delivery to Saratoga Springs on 1/15 for my daughter’s 2nd birthday. I will post a picture when we go next month!

6in chocolate cake with cookies & cream filling - Frozen themed

requests: icy blues and lavenders, glitter/luster dust, white chocolate drip, Anna and Elsa on top, snowflake decorations, macarons. Quoted $160

I’ve now confused myself and can’t find the answer to a Q in the thread:

we hav a BOG dinner planned. Can I order a cake from GF and have it presented at dinner?

I’ve now confused myself and can’t find the answer to a Q in the thread:

we hav a BOG dinner planned. Can I order a cake from GF and have it presented at dinner?
I just ordered a custom cake from GF to be delivered to BOG dinner. I had a custom GF cake delivered to CRT in mid-March.

I ordered 2 bday cakes from GF bakery, to be delivered to Narcoosee's Christmas Eve. I can't wait.

One is a chocolate cake w/cookies and cream filling -decorated with Eeyore for my DD Madison. The other red velvet decorated w/Mickey Mouse for my DD Makayla.

A belated 18th birthday / pre Graduation celebration.

Hi sorry if this is a newbie question or it’s been asked but it’s a rather long thread, so here goes:

I see that currently only GF and Contemporary are doing cakes. If we are not staying at Contenporary but will be eating at Contemporary restaurant on my son’s birthday, can I order the cakes from the Contemporary and have it delivered to the restaurant? Or can I pick it up prior to my reservation? Or how does it work?

@hultrain Yes, you can have it delivered to the Contemporary restaurant where you are dining. This info is at the top of Post #1. All the info you need to order a cake is in the first two posts—no need to read the whole thread! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter