OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a frozen cake for next week through pat. She was very easy to talk to. Returned my call promptly. Worked with me to develop a design that would work with my daughter's peanut allergy. Marked on the order that the server was to remove the chocolate plaque so my dd did not eat it as this is the one risky part of the cake. Quoted a fair price of fifty three dollars. Anyway, we will see how it turns out but so far I am impressed with her communication and vision for the cake.

I think they are very busy. She mentioned that they have done hundreds of frozen cakes. I've only seen one on this thread. We have to remember that we disers are only a small fraction of the cake orders they see.

Thank you. How far in advance should I order? Our trip is in Aug.

You can order pretty much whenever, but I always recommend waiting until 2-4 weeks out, since there's the potential for the order to get lost in the shuffle. If you have a really elaborate design in mind, though, you might want to call 6 weeks or more out, just so there's time to go back and forth.

Ordered a frozen cake for next week through pat. She was very easy to talk to. Returned my call promptly. Worked with me to develop a design that would work with my daughter's peanut allergy. Marked on the order that the server was to remove the chocolate plaque so my dd did not eat it as this is the one risky part of the cake. Quoted a fair price of fifty three dollars. Anyway, we will see how it turns out but so far I am impressed with her communication and vision for the cake.

I think they are very busy. She mentioned that they have done hundreds of frozen cakes. I've only seen one on this thread. We have to remember that we disers are only a small fraction of the cake orders they see.

I've order a Frozen themed cake from the Contemporary Bakery for next week, I was shown the one pictured in this thread and was quoted $110-ish. When I explained to Heather that was out of my budget we were quoted a cheaper price for a more basic design.

I'm from the UK so contacted the Bakery via e-mail and Heather has been fantastic to work with so far :) when I tried to phone the hotline they ended up e-mailing me to confirm the order to save long distance phone calls. Excited to see the cake next week when we go to the Cali Grill, can't wait to see yours too :D

Has anyone ordered a gluten free cake? How did it taste? Where you able to have it decorated? We are dining at 1900 Park for dinner during our stay and I was hoping to celebrate her birthday at that time.

Has anyone ordered a gluten free cake? How did it taste? Where you able to have it decorated? We are dining at 1900 Park for dinner during our stay and I was hoping to celebrate her birthday at that time.

We've had 3 gluten-free cakes ordered through the GF Lilo & Stitch was in 2011, Tarzan was also corn-free so chocolate frosting was the only thing safe. It was from 2012. The Doc cake was a disappointment after the first 2, and there was a lot less too it than we expected. We'd be sure to order the buttercream vs fondant in the future.

Above is detail on the tarzan cake.

The side of the doc cake was smooth fondant, no designs, our DD wanted hearts on her cake. We were told sure, but they weren't there.Considering I paid for the cake, I wanted the hearts, my DD was thrilled to have the cake as it was.

The cakes themselves were decent, better than I've had from any other gluten-free bakeries and less expensive too. They were kind of springy, more spongey than a traditional cake. We had chocolate each time b/c it's our preference.

Thanks so much for the pictures nadira36! Those are awesome. Do you happen to know if there is only a certain size cake they will do the Gluten Free in? I am torn between a mini wedding cake size and a 6 inch.

Thanks so much for the pictures nadira36! Those are awesome. Do you happen to know if there is only a certain size cake they will do the Gluten Free in? I am torn between a mini wedding cake size and a 6 inch.

The Lilo & Stitch was a 6in (if I recall correctly) I don't know about the mini cakes - b/c of our party size we'd need to order several and it'd be a lot more than ordering one 6-in. We get one gluten-free cake for the entire party, everyone eats it, even those that don't need to be gluten-free. We like cake though and are happy with extra large pieces. ;)

I had called Pat at GF just to get ideas pretty far out, and I ordered the two cakes that day. Now I'm worried seeing how many people have had issues. I know Pat is going on vacation right before I arrive, and the first cake is to be delivered at GF on Monday (I believe she doesn't work on mondays) so I guess I should call the week before and make sure it is still on their radar.

The second cake is for a Tuesday, at the Polynesian (surprise for my folks, and I won't even be there to prompt the server if he/she forgets). So I guess if that goes south, there isn't much I can do, although that one is already paid for.

Wow! Yacht & Beach Club did a great job on that cake! To post a picture, click on the little
ScreenShot2013-06-06at81457AM.png
icon above the New Post window and insert the link between an
tag.

I'm gonna just post it here if you don't mind cuz this thread is about to get closed when it reaches 250 pages, and I don't want the photo to get lost in between threads!

Where: Art of Animation Resort

What: 6-inch vanilla cake with chocolate filling, fondant covered with Stitch and tropical flowers.

Price: $68 and was delicious, super moist

StitchCake.jpg
Thanks, LurkyLoo! Yes, we were very impressed with how it turned out! I'll forward her non-Disney cake next week most likely.

209ad8bff23ecaf28b10398a2c7bd509.jpg

I could not decide, so I asked my DH to surprise me. He ordered 10 days out from the Grand Floridian Bakery and had it delivered to our dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. The cake was delicious! It had a vanilla mouse filling. The white chocolate castle lite up. It was $30 :goodvibes

So I got overly excited a ordered an anniversary fondant cake from Epcot food and beverage just after the 60 day mark. My question is should I call back and verify? How far out would you recommend? I requested a 8" yellow cake with the white chocolate mousse covered in white fondant with white decoration and a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie. It is for our 20th anniversary. She quoted me $63.00 plus tax and gratuity. I figure its our 20th anniversary, lets splurge a little.

I also ordered a chocolate shoe dessert for CRT for our daughters sweet 16. It was all ordered via e-mail and I received confirmation via e-mail as well. It is $12.50 plus tax and gratuity.

I think I am also going to order a cake from the non-Disney cake line for San Angel Inn. I am going to wait until closer to 2-3 weeks out to order that.

We will be arriving on mother's day and I thought about ordering something for that but I'm not so sure about that. I think two cakes in one week is good. LOL

I've ordered the chocolate shoe dessert before but never cake. Seeing all of your cake photos gets me excited about it.

I'd call back about 3 days before just to confirm that they still have your order and it's exactly what you're expecting. :thumbsup2

I've order a Frozen themed cake from the Contemporary Bakery for next week, I was shown the one pictured in this thread and was quoted $110-ish. When I explained to Heather that was out of my budget we were quoted a cheaper price for a more basic design.

I'm from the UK so contacted the Bakery via e-mail and Heather has been fantastic to work with so far :) when I tried to phone the hotline they ended up e-mailing me to confirm the order to save long distance phone calls. Excited to see the cake next week when we go to the Cali Grill, can't wait to see yours too :D

Hope your cake turns out well. Mine will be simple due to the peanut allergy, but I think she will be thrilled.

After several emails back and forth, I just got confirmation of a Sorcerer Mickey cake for my son's birthday. :wizard: We'll be at Crystal Palace and I have to say that they (Magic Kingdom cakes) were SO accommodating and helpful. My son is autistic and has specific likes/ dislikes. They went out of their way to be supportive of all that. One more week ……the longest week of my life! :laughing:

Hi I ordered a custom cake of WISHES 2 years ago and the staff at YC did a fantastic job! Loved it! This year I was thinking of having a cake delivered on our arrival day while we ate at Kona

If the cake is delivered to Kona - where is the cake made? I have head great things about GF bakery
Is it made there?

Looking for Lady and Tramp cake trying to see who would do best job. We are staying at GFV could have cake delivered there instead of Kona?

We will be staying at AKL Kidani. Id love to order a cake that has the peanut butter filling. Is this possible? It doesnt have to look fancy or anything. They could just write 'Welcome to Disney" on it.

How would I order this and could they deliver it to the room if we are at Kidani and not Jambo?

Thanks!

We will be staying at AKL Kidani. Id love to order a cake that has the peanut butter filling. Is this possible? It doesnt have to look fancy or anything. They could just write 'Welcome to Disney" on it.

How would I order this and could they deliver it to the room if we are at Kidani and not Jambo?

Thanks!

Maybe this will help. http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/ We are staying Kidani in May but ordered our cake for the California Grill.

Hi I ordered a custom cake of WISHES 2 years ago and the staff at YC did a fantastic job! Loved it! This year I was thinking of having a cake delivered on our arrival day while we ate at Kona

If the cake is delivered to Kona - where is the cake made? I have head great things about GF bakery
Is it made there?

Looking for Lady and Tramp cake trying to see who would do best job. We are staying at GFV could have cake delivered there instead of Kona?

I was wondering that as well. We have only ever ordered cakes from the Contemporary but our first night this time will be at Ohana. Since none of us like the dessert at Ohana I thought maybe ordering a cake would be a great idea but were just starting to figure out where to order the cake through as well. I would love to know the answer to this as well! :) We will be staying at VWL so I thought about just getting one there since we are staying there and I believe the CR does the custom cakes there so it would be the same way we have done it in the past. Not sure which way I want to go. :confused3

I was wondering that as well. We have only ever ordered cakes from the Contemporary but our first night this time will be at Ohana. Since none of us like the dessert at Ohana I thought maybe ordering a cake would be a great idea but were just starting to figure out where to order the cake through as well. I would love to know the answer to this as well! :) We will be staying at VWL so I thought about just getting one there since we are staying there and I believe the CR does the custom cakes there so it would be the same way we have done it in the past. Not sure which way I want to go. :confused3

YC did such a great job for me I am hesitant to veer of course..I am thinking of just having a cake in our room but that seem so weird to me...would rather have it after a meal I am calling the cake line today to see what they say

Hi I ordered a custom cake of WISHES 2 years ago and the staff at YC did a fantastic job! Loved it! This year I was thinking of having a cake delivered on our arrival day while we ate at Kona If the cake is delivered to Kona - where is the cake made? I have head great things about GF bakery Is it made there? Looking for Lady and Tramp cake trying to see who would do best job. We are staying at GFV could have cake delivered there instead of Kona?

Yes the gf does cakes for the poly. Last May we had one delivered to the spirit of aloha. It was gorgeous and delicious. They were super easy to work with and even offered some helpful suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter