Official Disney Springs Resorts 60 Day FP attempt this morning

I'm at 34 days from my trip, so I can start booking my FPs on Tuesday. If the system worked I could have booked all my FPs at the same time now I have to do them one day at a time.
Do you have a package for AoA?

If you have AoA and separately linked tickets, all offsite park days would have opened when your 60-day FP window opened for AoA.

They should have done a soft opening of sorts or something weeks before this new perk started to work through the kinks. It really isn't fair for people who are coming before March.

Do you have a package for AoA?

If you have AoA and separately linked tickets, all offsite park days would have opened when your 60-day FP window opened for AoA.
Only if if you stay on property first. It doesn't work that way if you stay off property first. The days that it opened are the 8 days after my Hilton stay.

Only if if you stay on property first. It doesn't work that way if you stay off property first. The days that it opened are the 8 days after my Hilton stay.
For Split Stays with offsite being the first stay, the FP booking window opens 60 days before the onsite stay and includes all the offsite park days - if tickets are separately linked and not an onsite package.

It’s described in the Split Stay section of the FP FAQ.:)

Interesting. Too late for me at this point. I booked a package. No one told me that nor did I read what you posted anywhere in all my searches.

Interesting. Too late for me at this point. I booked a package. No one told me that nor did I read what you posted anywhere in all my searches.
With your package with AoA, even with extra ticket entitlements, you won’t be able to book for your offsite dates.

With “packaged tickets,” you have to go to a Ticket Window or Guest Relations and have the ticket portion of your package activated and then you can book for the offsite park days. That’s the major problem with packages - the tickets aren’t valid until the check-in date unless you ask for them to be activated upon your early arrival.

Here’s the Split Stay section of the FP FAQ. If you have any questions, just ask... I did write this section:
Split Stays - FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

hiroMYhero This is straight from the DIS fact sheet.:
Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Stay

• Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. This booking window will not include the dates of the offsite stay because the package tickets are not considered valid until check-in date of the onsite package stay. The ticket portion of the package can be activated up to 10 days prior of the onsite package check-in date (so that the package tickets can be used during the offsite stay).
  • Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

hiroMYhero This is straight from the DIS fact sheet.:
Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Stay

• Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. This booking window will not include the dates of the offsite stay because the package tickets are not considered valid until check-in date of the onsite package stay. The ticket portion of the package can be activated up to 10 days prior of the onsite package check-in date (so that the package tickets can be used during the offsite stay).
  • Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
Correct; because your AoA Stay is a package, you can’t use those packaged tickets to book for your offsite stay.

Even at 30 days prior to each park day of your offsite stay at your DSprings hotel, you won’t have an open FP Booking window because your AoA package only allows booking for check-in through checkout day of your AoA stay. Then, the FP booking window rolls forward each day but never includes your DSprings Stay, unfortunately.

How did you buy your tickets? Through Disney? Through third party? AP?

So you booked a Package through Disney to stay at a Disney Springs hotel.
Correct. My original reservation (which was a government rate) plus tickets was slightly more than what I booked directly through Disney.

Correct; because your AoA Stay is a package, you can’t use those packaged tickets to book for your offsite stay.

Even at 30 days prior to each park day of your offsite stay at your DSprings hotel, you won’t have an open FP Booking window because your AoA package only allows booking for check-in through checkout day of your AoA stay. Then, the FP booking window rolls forward each day but never includes your DSprings Stay, unfortunately.
I wish my WDW travel agent told me all this because I would have booked my tickets seperately.

Chapter 3 - Praying It Can Be Changed
Yesterday afternoon I found out on this board some info that I wish I had known last June when I booked my trip. I shouldn't have booked a package because since I'm staying off property first, I wouldn't be able to make FPs until I physically went to AofA and activated my tickets early. That meant that I couldn't even make FPs at 30 days. I would have to make them when we got to Disney. I called my travel agent and she said there was nothing she could do at this point.The resort was full and she couldn't rebook. I called WDW and they couldn't help either because I didn't book thru Disney. I emailed my TA and asked if she could work some magic. This morning she did!! She converted my ressie to a ticketless reservation. I am beyond thankful! I then bought my tickets separately. With that, I thought I would have to wait until my 30-day window, but somehow miraculously I was able to book today! Maybe my Hilton Buena Vista Palace ressies finally got attached. I got every FP I wanted even Avatar Flight of Passage! It took me all afternoon to make my FPs, but for the most part, they are done. The nightmare is over!

A big shout out to hiroMYhero for giving me the correct info I needed. You are MYhero!!

Chapter 3 - Praying It Can Be Changed
Yesterday afternoon I found out on this board some info that I wish I had known last June when I booked my trip. I shouldn't have booked a package because since I'm staying off property first, I wouldn't be able to make FPs until I physically went to AofA and activated my tickets early. That meant that I couldn't even make FPs at 30 days. I would have to make them when we got to Disney. I called my travel agent and she said there was nothing she could do at this point.The resort was full and she couldn't rebook. I called WDW and they couldn't help either because I didn't book thru Disney. I emailed my TA and asked if she could work some magic. This morning she did!! She converted my ressie to a ticketless reservation. I am beyond thankful! I then bought my tickets separately. With that, I thought I would have to wait until my 30-day window, but somehow miraculously I was able to book today! Maybe my Hilton Buena Vista Palace ressies finally got attached. I got every FP I wanted even Avatar Flight of Passage! It took me all afternoon to make my FPs, but for the most part, they are done. The nightmare is over!

A big shout out to hiroMYhero for giving me the correct info I needed. You are MYhero!!
Yay, Fran!! And, your full 60-day onsite FP window plus length of AoA Stay is what allowed you to book all your offsite FPs today. Thanks for reporting your success! :-)

We are staying at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista in June. After trying everyday since the 10th, I was finally able to use the confirmation number from Expedia to link my reservation into the Disney site.

Hopefully others will be able to link their reservations and start chooses FP+.

We are staying at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista in June. After trying everyday since the 10th, I was finally able to use the confirmation number from Expedia to link my reservation into the Disney site.

Hopefully others will be able to link their reservations and start chooses FP+.
Thank you for confirming room-only reservations will link! :yay:

Have you tried linking the FPs through your tickets rather than your hotel res #?
Won't picking FP based on your tickets only get you 30 days in advance (like all off site guests)? We're trying to get 60 days in advance as the new 2018 "perk" offered for DSAR hotels, so we need to use the ressie #.

Won't picking FP based on your tickets only get you 30 days in advance (like all off site guests)? We're trying to get 60 days in advance as the new 2018 "perk" offered for DSAR hotels, so we need to use the ressie #.
That’s correct. :)

The 60-day window only opens with a valid room reservation + tickets; otherwise valid tickets-only open the 30-day window.

The Club Level onsite reservations + paid FP perks also went live this week. It’s probably why the DSprings updates in the MDX system are taking longer than what was expected.

Question, when I booked 2 suites at the doubletree suite the only name on the reservation is mine. Will I be able to add FPS for all six in my party?

Question, when I booked 2 suites at the doubletree suite the only name on the reservation is mine. Will I be able to add FPS for all six in my party?
You’ll need to add the names of each person to the reservation. Swan/Dolphin guests call their respective hotel and have their reservation amended with the names.

You’ll need to add the names of each person to the reservation. Swan/Dolphin guests call their respective hotel and have their reservation amended with the names.
I also need to add if you are booking for the complete group of 6, all will share the 60-day Booking window.

But, if you book for any small group within the 6 guests, they do need to be named on the reservation.

Anyone listed or linked in MDX share the 60-day Booking window as long as one onsite guest is part of the FP grouping at the time of selecting the FP.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter