Official Dopey 2017 Thread

surfde22

DIS Veteran
I know it may be early, and there's still a few months until registration, but hey, we might as well start getting excited, right? This will be my first runDisney event and I'm already excited. Running is consuming my life right now, and it's driving my wife a bit crazy. My brother will be running with me, and I use with me in the looses possible terms as my goal is to beat him. I'm trying to beat both his times from the inaugural Dopey as well as this year. What are everyone else's plan/thoughts on Dopey in 2017?

Right now I'm undecided on Goofy or Dopey in '17. I did Goofy in '15, and it was fine, I had a good run both days and recovered well. I know I want to run Dopey in '18. I enjoy the Full course but I must have the 20th Anniversary Donald medal... so choices, choices!

Right now I'm undecided on Goofy or Dopey in '17. I did Goofy in '15, and it was fine, I had a good run both days and recovered well. I know I want to run Dopey in '18. I enjoy the Full course but I must have the 20th Anniversary Donald medal... so choices, choices!
That Donald medal is really what is making me want to go goofy for sure but if I go goofy it's like I might as well go dopey but I'm so not sure right now.

That Donald medal is really what is making me want to go goofy for sure but if I go goofy it's like I might as well go dopey but I'm so not sure right now.

Yeah, I decided to do Dopey without knowing it was he 20th running of the half, but now I'm excited for special medal.

I did Goofy in 15 and Dopey in 16. Right now I am planning on Dopey again in 17. So that gives me the 10th Goofy medal, and a shot at the 20th Donald Half Medal. Then I need to come back again in 18 for the 5th Dopey Medal. Dangerous and expensive trend, I am hooked!

I'm going for Dopey in 2017! If it goes well I will try to get a spot in 2018 as well for the anniversary. Does anyone wonder whether they will add an extra challenge for the 25th anniversary? Extra Dopey? Lol!

I'm running the GSC in February. My first rD races. Also registered for Darkside half.

Like - as in marathon first? Then I'm in!
Or - as in physically going backwards? Because I'm out. I can barely go straight forward as it is!!

The new challenge will be called "The Doc"

It will be a 7 day race consisting of a 5K, 10K, Half, Full, Half, 10K , 5K. Or as it has been called the Disney Palindrome. :-)

If I remember correctly, didn't McFlurry John do that last year? I believe its also a requirement to stop for a McFlurry when you pass McDonalds to truly complete "The Doc". :drinking1

Dopey was a blast, but not sure if 2017 will be just marathon, Goofy or Dopey, kind of depends on that whole $$$$ thing. I need WDW marathon redemption for sure. My trip report of Dopey has been started if anyone wants to follow. I love reading others reports so hope it helps others wondering how it goes. Link in my signature.

I just did the Rebel Challenge and 5K but am really hoping I can get into Dopey next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter