Official Dopey 2017 Thread

If you can't find the results, look for the old event guides. Disney used to list the perfectly Goofy and perfectly Mickey people in the guides up until 2011 or so. You can probably use one of them as a starting point for name comparison.
Ah yes I remember that!

Speaking of being perfect, I only saw two people wearing perfectly Mickey gear this year. One guy was part of Team Ed, and they drove us crazy by running Cone Alley 4 across and 5 deep, blocking the entire road for everyone else. The other guy was wearing his marathon jacket from the first year as we were heading into DHS. I think he was part of the group following along behind Bart Yasso and Jeff Galloway.

Looks like y'all are on top of the Perfectly Goofy thing. I was looking back into some email from before the 10th anniversary. RunDisney had attached a file that they did not mean to. It had all the Perfectly Goofy names and email addresses plus notes about 4 of them no having half photos and this gem: "Observations: These guests tend to only participate in Goofy's Challenge whereas the Perfect Princesses buy into A LOT of other events/ancillary products." They immediately sent another email asking everyone to delete the first email! So of course, I kept it saved! The photo from the event guide is the same list. I think that was Coach Charles' last Goofy. :(

Looks like y'all are on top of the Perfectly Goofy thing. I was looking back into some email from before the 10th anniversary. RunDisney had attached a file that they did not mean to. It had all the Perfectly Goofy names and email addresses plus notes about 4 of them no having half photos and this gem: "Observations: These guests tend to only participate in Goofy's Challenge whereas the Perfect Princesses buy into A LOT of other events/ancillary products." They immediately sent another email asking everyone to delete the first email! So of course, I kept it saved! The photo from the event guide is the same list. I think that was Coach Charles' last Goofy. :(

I wonder how many people didn't pay much attention to the email and attachments until rD sent out a note asking them to delete it. I definitely would've held onto to it too. runDisney is probably fairly accurate in their assessment of the differences between the two groups, though.

I wonder how many people didn't pay much attention to the email and attachments until rD sent out a note asking them to delete it. I definitely would've held onto to it too. runDisney is probably fairly accurate in their assessment of the differences between the two groups, though.

Comically inept is the best term I can come up with for RunDisney. I have a friend at work who tried to register for W&D on Friday. She couldn't find the AP link and called RunDisney to ask where it was. The rep on the phone was rude and told her early registration was ONLY Thursday and she'd have to wait for general registration now! Fortunately I was able to find the link and she got registered, but really!?

The Streisand Effect at work!

I came across an article about the first Goofy Challenge at RunnersGazette.com. Check out this quote:

"During the pre-race Q&A session at the Runners’ Expo, Disney officials said they had thought at most several hundred runners would want to do both races. However, they were surprised when they ended up with 2,956 Goofy’s Challenge preregistrants...

An attendee asked what a runner would get if he decided to run the half, the full, and the Family Fun Run 5K. The surprised officials said they had not considered that anyone would want to do such a thing, so there was no additional medal. However, they joked that such an individual probably deserved a Dopey medal."

HA!! And now you know. :)

I came across an article about the first Goofy Challenge at RunnersGazette.com. Check out this quote:

"During the pre-race Q&A session at the Runners’ Expo, Disney officials said they had thought at most several hundred runners would want to do both races. However, they were surprised when they ended up with 2,956 Goofy’s Challenge preregistrants...

An attendee asked what a runner would get if he decided to run the half, the full, and the Family Fun Run 5K. The surprised officials said they had not considered that anyone would want to do such a thing, so there was no additional medal. However, they joked that such an individual probably deserved a Dopey medal."

HA!! And now you know. :)
That's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter