***Official March 2021 Thread***

Ok, so we are coming down 6-13 with a two year old. We have not been in 6 years. What should we definitely experience with him and what should we avoid. He is a early riser so they may play into our favor. Needing all advice we can get at this point. We are staying at Bonnett Creek.

My top piece of advice would be to basically follow his lead. Even the best behaved children can get overwhelmed in Disney. That's speaking from experience. The first time we took any of our kids (way back 20 years ago) they were four and two and our daughter (who was the 2 year old) would have her moments, when in normal everyday life she was the absolute best in personality, attitude and a go with the flow type person but at Disney she was over stimulated and would have a couple melt downs. As for what to experience, everything is so different right now it's hard for me to suggest things because most of the things I would suggest aren't happening right now. Hopefully others will have some suggestions.

Leaving this thread as we moved our trip to the end of July. Not excited about the weather, but we've done it before and we're able to stay a day longer now. Crossing our fingers that gives us 4 more months to get Covid behind us.

Leaving this thread as we moved our trip to the end of July. Not excited about the weather, but we've done it before and we're able to stay a day longer now. Crossing our fingers that gives us 4 more months to get Covid behind us.

We were originally suppsoe to go through the summer but I am glad we changed because of the heat and humidity. Even though I am in Alabama and am very used to the humidity, I still prefer not to be in it. Glad y'all are getting to stay longer now though...YAY!

On a happy note, my son and DIL told us Tuesday we are going to have another grand baby in August 2021! YAY! I'm so excited. Guess it's a good thing my DIL and grand daughter were already sitting out this girls trip because my DIl would be bummed if she had to miss out on some things because she is pregnant.

Congratulations! We are going from the 13-26th of March. Staying at the Grand Floridian. Just starting to think it may happen. Park days booked. Just need ADR list to get done, thrilled some form of hopping is back. Just hope for a few more TS places to open. Hope every has a wonderful trip. This is our first Spring (last 3 trips were fall). Any tips welcome

Congratulations! We are going from the 13-26th of March. Staying at the Grand Floridian. Just starting to think it may happen. Park days booked. Just need ADR list to get done, thrilled some form of hopping is back. Just hope for a few more TS places to open. Hope every has a wonderful trip. This is our first Spring (last 3 trips were fall). Any tips welcome

Thank you. Got you added to the list. It's my first spring break too. We are working around my niece's school schedule. I am about to start working on a list of table service places open right now so I can send it to all the ladies in our group so they can let me know where they want to eat. My group is sometimes very slow to give their input so I need to get them a list ASAP in order to have their choices by ADR day (January 20th).

Booked last night!
Going for our daughter's 5th birthday, covid be darned!
It was our plan after our first family trip in March '19 to go in 2021... we held off because of all the uncertainty. But dang it we need some magic back in our lives!!

Had a long talk prior to booking with our kiddo about how there would be no autographs this time. Her first question was " but, am I finally big enough for Slinky Dog?!" So I think we will be ok without princess hugs 😉

Feb 28- March 6 at Contemporary

Haven't been on here since that last trip, so excited to get back in the swing of it all. However kind of digging no fast passes since its one less thing to worry about with an unpredictable preschooler...

I posted this in the theme park strategy section, but thought I would post here too with the other Marchers.

I'm planning our March 2021 trip and would love feedback on the following park days. A little bit of info that may be helpful - the trip will include myself, my husband, and our 8 and 9 year old boys. We are a go-go-go kind of family and the kids don't require naps or rest breaks. We are used to getting up early and like to be back to the hotel by 8p -- maybe 9/10p a few nights if it is worth it. I usually plan our days based on EMH or the Early Morning Fantasyland event, but those won't be offered in March. :( We will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. I currently have park reservations for all of these parks, but can modify. Our favorite rides are: 7DMT, BTMR, Splash, Space, Test Track, TOT, RNRC, SDD, EE, Safari, FOP, and we want to check out MMRR and ROTR.

3/18 Thursday - Travel day. Arrive at MCO at 1:30p. Epcot. Our thought is to grab dinner here and knock out Test Track
3/19 Friday - Magic Kingdom
3/20 Saturday - Animal Kingdom
3/21 Sunday - Epcot/Pool/ Maybe park hop??? We are considering a Park Hopper this year
3/22 Monday - Hollywood Studios
3/23 Tuesday - Magic Kingdom
3/24 - Wednesday - Animal Kingdom
3/25 - Thursday - Hollywood Studios
3/26 - Friday - Magic Kingdom/Travel Day (flight leaves MCO at 7:30p)

I've been reading that ROTR BG are going within seconds of opening up and am wondering if it would be worth changing a few days to have several heavy HS days to increase our chances of getting a boarding pass, and then using a park hopper to spend the afternoon somewhere else.

We were there in March 2019 and had this exact trip planned for March 2020, but the parks closed two days before we were supposed to leave!!! My old park days were based on EMH and the Fantasyland Early Morning event. Needless to say, those won't be a consideration this year...

Booked last night!
Going for our daughter's 5th birthday, covid be darned!
It was our plan after our first family trip in March '19 to go in 2021... we held off because of all the uncertainty. But dang it we need some magic back in our lives!!

Had a long talk prior to booking with our kiddo about how there would be no autographs this time. Her first question was " but, am I finally big enough for Slinky Dog?!" So I think we will be ok without princess hugs 😉

Feb 28- March 6 at Contemporary

Haven't been on here since that last trip, so excited to get back in the swing of it all. However kind of digging no fast passes since its one less thing to worry about with an unpredictable preschooler...

Added you to the list. Love that your daughter's first concern was if she was tall enough for slinky.

I posted this in the theme park strategy section, but thought I would post here too with the other Marchers.

I'm planning our March 2021 trip and would love feedback on the following park days. A little bit of info that may be helpful - the trip will include myself, my husband, and our 8 and 9 year old boys. We are a go-go-go kind of family and the kids don't require naps or rest breaks. We are used to getting up early and like to be back to the hotel by 8p -- maybe 9/10p a few nights if it is worth it. I usually plan our days based on EMH or the Early Morning Fantasyland event, but those won't be offered in March. :( We will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. I currently have park reservations for all of these parks, but can modify. Our favorite rides are: 7DMT, BTMR, Splash, Space, Test Track, TOT, RNRC, SDD, EE, Safari, FOP, and we want to check out MMRR and ROTR.

3/18 Thursday - Travel day. Arrive at MCO at 1:30p. Epcot. Our thought is to grab dinner here and knock out Test Track
3/19 Friday - Magic Kingdom
3/20 Saturday - Animal Kingdom
3/21 Sunday - Epcot/Pool/ Maybe park hop??? We are considering a Park Hopper this year
3/22 Monday - Hollywood Studios
3/23 Tuesday - Magic Kingdom
3/24 - Wednesday - Animal Kingdom
3/25 - Thursday - Hollywood Studios
3/26 - Friday - Magic Kingdom/Travel Day (flight leaves MCO at 7:30p)

I've been reading that ROTR BG are going within seconds of opening up and am wondering if it would be worth changing a few days to have several heavy HS days to increase our chances of getting a boarding pass, and then using a park hopper to spend the afternoon somewhere else.

We were there in March 2019 and had this exact trip planned for March 2020, but the parks closed two days before we were supposed to leave!!! My old park days were based on EMH and the Fantasyland Early Morning event. Needless to say, those won't be a consideration this year...

We will be there some of the dates as you but the only park we have the same is on the 26th. We have park hoppers and don't even know if we will use them much but we usually do so we always get them. I only have one day starting out at HS so I am hoping I am able to get us boarding passes because if I don't, we will just have to miss out this time unless they change the hopping time to an earlier time so we could be in the park to try the 2:00 drop. I do have friends that just got back and they were able to score them so I'm hoping we have the same luck.

We will be there some of the dates as you but the only park we have the same is on the 26th. We have park hoppers and don't even know if we will use them much but we usually do so we always get them. I only have one day starting out at HS so I am hoping I am able to get us boarding passes because if I don't, we will just have to miss out this time unless they change the hopping time to an earlier time so we could be in the park to try the 2:00 drop. I do have friends that just got back and they were able to score them so I'm hoping we have the same luck.

I'm on the fence about the PH...it will really help seeing the hours for March. I hope they release them soon. We make our dining reservations mid-January and it would be so helpful to see the park hours to know what we are working with.

Added you to the list. Love that your daughter's first concern was if she was tall enough for slinky.
She was borderline last trip, but at 3 years old there was no way any of us would have survived the 2 hour + line 🤣
We blamed not riding on her height, rather than mom & dad's lack of patience!

Hi, please remove me from the list. :) Decided two trips in 2021 wasn't smart financially. Have a GREAT time everyone!!! :love:

View attachment 543511

We are finally in double digits for our countdown!
Same here! It is a good sight to see isn't it?!?! I think it will fly by with the holidays coming up. With ADRs being pushed back like they are I think it will really make the countdown fly. I feel like there is so much uncertainty with what may be open/closed/changed come March that I'm trying to stay in the loop as much as possible.

Just finalized our plans for March. We leave 2/28 thru 3/13. We love doing split stays, I know....crazy..... We start at Pop Century, head over to CB and finish up with the rest of our 2020 DVC points for Copper Creek.....

we just came back from our family trip last week. 10 of us total. Four kids under 10, but so much fun!!!! This will be more leisurely! 😉

Same here! It is a good sight to see isn't it?!?! I think it will fly by with the holidays coming up. With ADRs being pushed back like they are I think it will really make the countdown fly. I feel like there is so much uncertainty with what may be open/closed/changed come March that I'm trying to stay in the loop as much as possible.

Yes it is. hopefully it will fly by for these last few months. I am so ready for this trip. I will miss my hubby and my grandbaby (well and my two sons and DIL too), but I am so ready to get away for a little while.

Just finalized our plans for March. We leave 2/28 thru 3/13. We love doing split stays, I know....crazy..... We start at Pop Century, head over to CB and finish up with the rest of our 2020 DVC points for Copper Creek.....

we just came back from our family trip last week. 10 of us total. Four kids under 10, but so much fun!!!! This will be more leisurely! 😉
Got you added to the list. How many will be on this trip? All ten of those that were on your last trip?
Did y'all have trouble getting ADRs for all 10 of you guys?

Got you added to the list. How many will be on this trip? All ten of those that were on your last trip?
Did y'all have trouble getting ADRs for all 10 of you guys?
Thank you!

This upcoming trip will just be the two of us....just cannot wait for it!

No trouble with ADR’s. I did a few online, of course and I could only do 8. When we got to the restaurants we explained we needed 10. Since it was 4 kids, there wasn’t any trouble. All we did was add a high chair and another chair!!

We are starting out 2 nights at SSR (New DVC owners and it is our home resort) followed by 5 nights at Boardwalk. Very excited to be walking distance from Epcot and HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter