***Official March 2021 Thread***

6 months ago I thought for sure we'd be out of the woods by next spring, but I'm now starting to have some doubts a March trip is a good idea for us. We have a special needs child that does well in a mask for a short time, but not for the time needed to go to a park. While I have high hopes for a vaccine, I'd be shocked if it's in wide enough circulation to matter by then. We haven't cancelled yet, but have started looking at and discussing dates for Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. We went Thanksgiving last year and had a blast, weather was perfect.

6 months ago I thought for sure we'd be out of the woods by next spring, but I'm now starting to have some doubts a March trip is a good idea for us. We have a special needs child that does well in a mask for a short time, but not for the time needed to go to a park. While I have high hopes for a vaccine, I'd be shocked if it's in wide enough circulation to matter by then. We haven't cancelled yet, but have started looking at and discussing dates for Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. We went Thanksgiving last year and had a blast, weather was perfect.

November has been my all time favorite time that we have been. The weather was always so wonderful (although my daughter and I took a sweatshirt for us to wear inside because we are cold natured).

I just noticed my ticker says 4 months and 1 week until our trip. I
ve been so busy I haven't even gotten to think about our trip lately. Guess I should begin to look at places we might be interested in eating so I can get everyone else's opinions on it. It will probably take us this next 2 months to figure it out so if I want to be prepared to make ADRs when the time gets here I need to get busy.

It looks like we have decided to make SB21 our family trip next year. We're at BCV March 20-27. We have been fortunate to have had a couple of trips this year. One was a daddy/daughter trip with a AP preview day at MK the day before they reopened (in July) followed by another MK day for official reopening. I will say the mask is not great, but it did not really detract from our trip as much as I thought it would (and I am not at all a fan of the masks). I do hope park hopping and FP+ make their way back before March. We did see crowds returning during an Oct adults only birthday trip last month (again with the masks). But, we chose BCV this trip just so we have the pool and the Boardwalk to hang out at if things are still really crazy in the parks. If masks are still required and there are still a lot of restrictions, I think we will be done until things get more back to normal. We were still able to have really good trips even with restrictions and limited experiences, but this will be the last one for a bit until things get more back to full experiences. My countdown is showing 124 days. :)

It looks like we have decided to make SB21 our family trip next year. We're at BCV March 20-27. We have been fortunate to have had a couple of trips this year. One was a daddy/daughter trip with a AP preview day at MK the day before they reopened (in July) followed by another MK day for official reopening. I will say the mask is not great, but it did not really detract from our trip as much as I thought it would (and I am not at all a fan of the masks). I do hope park hopping and FP+ make their way back before March. We did see crowds returning during an Oct adults only birthday trip last month (again with the masks). But, we chose BCV this trip just so we have the pool and the Boardwalk to hang out at if things are still really crazy in the parks. If masks are still required and there are still a lot of restrictions, I think we will be done until things get more back to normal. We were still able to have really good trips even with restrictions and limited experiences, but this will be the last one for a bit until things get more back to full experiences. My countdown is showing 124 days. :)

Added you to the list. We will be there the same week. I'm also hoping park hopping and FP makes it back before March.

I booked the Yacht Club for Feb 28 to March 5th, 2021, which happens to be the same time of year that we were there last year. It was just before the Covid shutdown in March 2020 and I never would have thought that a year later could still have Covid restrictions.

I booked this trip after I heard about the Pfizer vaccine in hopes that things would be better by March.

I booked the Yacht Club for Feb 28 to March 5th, 2021, which happens to be the same time of year that we were there last year. It was just before the Covid shutdown in March 2020 and I never would have thought that a year later could still have Covid restrictions.

I booked this trip after I heard about the Pfizer vaccine in hopes that things would be better by March.

Added you to the list.

Pre 2020 me:
Well meaning friend - So are you and your son going to Disney for Spring Break?
Me - Absolutely not! Too crazy crowded, definitely not our scene.

2020 me:
HEY KID WE CAN BOOK BAY LAKE TOWER LAKE VIEW STUDIO FOR SPRING BREAK AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BORROW POINTS AND WE ARE GOING AND I JUST BOUGHT PLANE TICKETS AND GO TRY ON YOUR DISNEY SHIRTS SEE IF THEY FIT AND LET'S ORDER MORE RIGHT NOW AND WE NEED DISNEY MASKS AND I'M PLACING OUR GROCERY ORDER AND I GOT THE DOG BOARDED AND...

Oh, how things have changed... :rotfl2:

12th - 20th Bay Lake Tower

Excuse me, I have to go pack... :stitch::simba::tigger:

Pre 2020 me:
Well meaning friend - So are you and your son going to Disney for Spring Break?
Me - Absolutely not! Too crazy crowded, definitely not our scene.

2020 me:
HEY KID WE CAN BOOK BAY LAKE TOWER LAKE VIEW STUDIO FOR SPRING BREAK AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BORROW POINTS AND WE ARE GOING AND I JUST BOUGHT PLANE TICKETS AND GO TRY ON YOUR DISNEY SHIRTS SEE IF THEY FIT AND LET'S ORDER MORE RIGHT NOW AND WE NEED DISNEY MASKS AND I'M PLACING OUR GROCERY ORDER AND I GOT THE DOG BOARDED AND...

Oh, how things have changed... :rotfl2:

12th - 20th Bay Lake Tower

Excuse me, I have to go pack... :stitch::simba::tigger:

:rotfl2:
Added you to the list.

So, how is planning, or lack of planning, going for everyone?
I need to get a list of restaurants together so I can see if anyone is wanting ADRs anywhere once our window opens up. I just have to find the time to do that.

So, how is planning, or lack of planning, going for everyone?
I need to get a list of restaurants together so I can see if anyone is wanting ADRs anywhere once our window opens up. I just have to find the time to do that.
It is a strange time to plan! Two cancelled trips already, and I can’t quite build up the normal level of enthusiasm for our March trip. APRs in place and we have a plan for ADRs. Tempted to visit some off site restaurants in Winter Park, if the park hours are still quite short.

WOOHOO! Park hopping is coming back. Now if they will figure out a way to bring back FPs I will be a super happy lady!
THANK GOODNESS. Trying to decide on just two places for lunch / dinner at Epcot was KILLING me. Now, if they'd open Garden Grill for breakfast, the kiddo and I would be very very happy indeed.
pooh:

I am hoping by the time March rolls around the park hopper will be available earlier than 2:00pm. that way if we can't get on ROTR on our HS day, we can try again for another day.
I am glad I already had park reservations in place even though we had hopper passes so I don't have to worry about that now with the new hopper rules.

Welp, all our plans just changed! I was fiddling around with our DVC reservation and found a BWV Studio. DONE. The kid is chomping at the bit to see the new additions at HS, and I've got a list of TSs ready to go at the 60 day mark because we are going to by gosh take advantage of that location. :mickeybar

So, I guess I already need an update! 12th - 20th BWV!!! :cool1:

PS I absolutely cannot BELIEVE the DVC availability in March. If we were into split stays, we could easily get at least one or two nights in a bunch of the hard-to-get rooms. At one point, there was a Kilimanjaro Club Deluxe Studio with partial availability during our stay. Yes, the Club isn't open, but the rooms are still next to impossible to reserve. Spring Break is going to be weird.

Ok, so we are coming down 6-13 with a two year old. We have not been in 6 years. What should we definitely experience with him and what should we avoid. He is a early riser so they may play into our favor. Needing all advice we can get at this point. We are staying at Bonnett Creek.

We will be there March 11-19. Booked at CBR but prob changing to CSR. Haven’t been since 2012. This time the kids are 16 and 18, so we’re looking forward to a more grown up trip!

We decided a week ago that we are going to do something we swore we would never do.... plan a Spring Break trip to Disney World! We will be there March 18-24, staying at Bay Lake Tower.

Welp, all our plans just changed! I was fiddling around with our DVC reservation and found a BWV Studio. DONE. The kid is chomping at the bit to see the new additions at HS, and I've got a list of TSs ready to go at the 60 day mark because we are going to by gosh take advantage of that location. :mickeybar

So, I guess I already need an update! 12th - 20th BWV!!! :cool1:

PS I absolutely cannot BELIEVE the DVC availability in March. If we were into split stays, we could easily get at least one or two nights in a bunch of the hard-to-get rooms. At one point, there was a Kilimanjaro Club Deluxe Studio with partial availability during our stay. Yes, the Club isn't open, but the rooms are still next to impossible to reserve. Spring Break is going to be weird.

Got your info updated.
Maybe all the availability is a good sign for us. I know the crowds will be up by then but hopefully it will be lower than normal Spring break crowds.

We will be there March 11-19. Booked at CBR but prob changing to CSR. Haven’t been since 2012. This time the kids are 16 and 18, so we’re looking forward to a more grown up trip!
We decided a week ago that we are going to do something we swore we would never do.... plan a Spring Break trip to Disney World! We will be there March 18-24, staying at Bay Lake Tower.

Got you both added to the list. I also never thought I'd go during spring break but we are working around me niece's schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter