Official May 2018

My girlfriend and I are headed to ASM May 22-30! Anyone have any experience with Memorial Day crowds? We also had no idea Galactic Nights was going on, so we got tickets for that too!(Huge Star Wars fans)

DH and I talked it over and we decided to drop our HS day for another AK day. I'm kind of sad about it since we've never done HS yet, but we both agreed while there's things we could do there's so much more at AK. DS is still about half an inch too short for RnR and I know he won't do ToT. He'd enjoy all the Star Wars stuff, but there isn't really anything for DD who's still 2 other than a couple shows I know she'd like. Without us not having hoppers and already having resort days built in it made more sense to switch parks. We'll still have fun, but I'm kind of sad about it since I was looking forward to watching DS do the Jedi Training.

DH and I talked it over and we decided to drop our HS day for another AK day. I'm kind of sad about it since we've never done HS yet, but we both agreed while there's things we could do there's so much more at AK. DS is still about half an inch too short for RnR and I know he won't do ToT. He'd enjoy all the Star Wars stuff, but there isn't really anything for DD who's still 2 other than a couple shows I know she'd like. Without us not having hoppers and already having resort days built in it made more sense to switch parks. We'll still have fun, but I'm kind of sad about it since I was looking forward to watching DS do the Jedi Training.
.I understand the struggle. You could consider adding a day to your tickets and on a resort day plan a morning there and the rest of the day at the resort. For three people won't it be like $50-60 more? Just a thought, we are toying with the same thing and our kids are older. Youngest is DD7 and wants to ride RnR cause she feels like she missed out last trip in 2016

We might, but I'm still not sure. I was really hoping to snag a reservation for Dine with an Imagineer for DH since I know he would really enjoy it, but I didn't know about it until after our 180 days opened up and I haven't been able to score anything since. Since this is "supposed" to be our last big trip until the 50th I feel bad skipping it, but we're hoping to start making a quick trip down right before Christmas a tradition so I may just splurge and get a day for us to go then. We'd get to check out the Christmas decorations plus Toy Story Land will be open so we'd get to check that out.

So I got up before the sun this morning, booked my fast passes for my onsite stay, I don't like I can't book all 10 days though. Instead I have to get up at the butt crack of down again in 30 days and do it again. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Anyway, I was able to get just about all we wanted, FOP, 7DMT, Soarin and Frozen Ever After plus others. Those were the big ones we wanted first the second week we will work on the other big ones :)

Happy to find this group and thrilled to be returning to Disney after being away for a couple of years. We will be at POFQ from 5/27-6/4. Super excited because we get to experience the Flower and Garden festival at EPCOT, which can now be crossed off my Bucket List. We got all of our ADRs and FPPs as planned, except TSM. But we'll just tackle that one at rope drop like everyone else. The waiting is the hardest part! Luckily we have a HS graduation and college decisions to keep us occupied.

We're officially at 30 days! ME tags came late Saturday. We've been crazy busy the last couple weeks so I'm going to have to get a move on making my ears and getting shirts made. If anything it should make the next few weeks until we leave go fast!

46 more days. Just found out that my daughter has been buying matching themed shirts for her and I to wear while we are there. Mom is not a matching shirt person, so since it is just daughter and I, she jumped all over the opportunity to do it.

My husband's the same way. He LOVED the Wreck it Ralph 2 trailer though and I managed to find a site that was selling the kitty and bunny shirts. So now I have one that says the Kitty gets the Milkshake and he has one that says the Bunny gets the Pancakes. I had planned on making similar ones, but it would have taken a bit with all the colors on the animals and food and I'm still pretty new at shirts so I figured I could splurge a bit for them. :)

Since Frontier had relatively cheap RT flights out of GRR, DH and I just booked a last minute (for us) trip 5/24-5/29 for SW Galactic Nights! We will be at POR (thankfully, they still had rooms with the AP discount available!). This will be our first time at POR as we usually stay at POFQ but there weren't any discounts available there.

So I got up before the sun this morning, booked my fast passes for my onsite stay, I don't like I can't book all 10 days though. Instead I have to get up at the butt crack of down again in 30 days and do it again. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Anyway, I was able to get just about all we wanted, FOP, 7DMT, Soarin and Frozen Ever After plus others. Those were the big ones we wanted first the second week we will work on the other big ones :)

I thought you could do a rolling window for FPs, since your doing on site followed by off site (or does that only apply to split stays on site?). I could be wrong but that may be worth asking in the FP thread.

@Elle :) I was! I was getting mixed answers, the board here and others was telling me yes I could do the rolling 60 days whereas Disney said no LOL go figure! Either way I have been able to book daily this week for my offsite portion, just a couple more to go!

I'm at a loss right now. DH was pretty set on us not going to HS this trip so I dropped our fastpasses for HS and picked some up for a 2nd day at AK and came to terms with DS missing out on Jedi training. Well, I just looked and there was an opening for Dine with an Imagineer that I had been stalking forever for the day we initially planned on going to HS! Now I don't know what to do! I was going to try to surprise DH with it initially because I know it's something he would love to do. We don't have hoppers so he can't just go over there for lunch. I went ahead and grabbed it just in case, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to surprise DH now.

Our MagicBands arrived yesterday for our trip beginning May 6th! Very excited and all our planning is pretty much done, just waiting for the day to arrive.
I've been showing my four-year-old YouTube videos of the parks to get her prepared for the trip. Otherwise, there's not much else to do but wait and start packing later this month.

I'm at a loss right now. DH was pretty set on us not going to HS this trip so I dropped our fastpasses for HS and picked some up for a 2nd day at AK and came to terms with DS missing out on Jedi training. Well, I just looked and there was an opening for Dine with an Imagineer that I had been stalking forever for the day we initially planned on going to HS! Now I don't know what to do! I was going to try to surprise DH with it initially because I know it's something he would love to do. We don't have hoppers so he can't just go over there for lunch. I went ahead and grabbed it just in case, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to surprise DH now.

I wonder if once you got there if you could just add the hopper feature to your DH's ticket?

I had thought about that too. I also thought about adding an extra day onto his ticket and switching our resort days around, but that would have given us 2 resort days back to back right before we leave. I ended up blowing the surprise and asked him what he thought. We decided to instead of doing the extra day at AK going to HS like we initially planned.

Anyone know why on Saturday, May 5th, the MK closes at 12am, but then the following two Saturdays the schedule shows it closes at 9pm?

I had been wondering about this too. AK is open late that Friday and Saturday, but those are the last days for their 20th anniversary event so that I could understand. I was expecting maybe an update on the hours for the following week, but they changed those hours almost a month ago and I haven't seen any changes since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter