• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

If we have a 13 month old that can't go on the big rides with us (me, dh and dd9) do I book just 3 fast passes or those? If I book 4 and we do a rider switch cab my daughter go on again with the one that uses the rider switch pass? Do I get to pick out fp for my dd13 months?

for all of you who just booked your fp+ 60 days out, have you been successful with getting FoP and if so, what day of your vacation did you schedule it for?

Our FP day was Monday (trip is Nov. 10-13), and our AK day is Nov. 13. We're a party of 5. The first FP I tried to get was for FOP, and it was only showing availability for 5 pm and later for Nov. 13th.

Wow. Good to know.

Yeah. It was a little disappointing, but I pretty much expected it based on what I've been reading on here and elsewhere. 3 of the 5 of us will be leaving the park by 4 pm that day, so we're going with Plan B, which is to hit FOP at RD and then go on NRJ immediately after. It's an EMH morning that day, so I hope that helps us too.

If we have a 13 month old that can't go on the big rides with us (me, dh and dd9) do I book just 3 fast passes or those? If I book 4 and we do a rider switch cab my daughter go on again with the one that uses the rider switch pass? Do I get to pick out fp for my dd13 months?
You won't be able to get fp's for the 13 month old. They won't need them. Only people who have tickets can get fp's. Someone under 3 years old can ride with family.

I think anyone can use the rider switch pass.

for all of you who just booked your fp+ 60 days out, have you been successful with getting FoP and if so, what day of your vacation did you schedule it for?

I only needed to make 1 for DH and I scheduled it for day 8, so I had plenty of options. It's a second trip to AK, but we will also do lunch there.

We went in June as well, and I was able to make a FoP FP+ for him on our 2nd day of vacation on our FP+ selection day...maybe the word wasn't out yet?

Had a successful morning scheduling DD's families fp. She had her list and I was able to get everything they wanted. I was surprised their first park day at MK had no FP left for 7DMT :eek: . Fortunately they had 2 other MK days with availability both days:thumbsup2
Hoping our FP day on Monday is just as successful :D

Had a successful morning scheduling DD's families fp. She had her list and I was able to get everything they wanted. I was surprised their first park day at MK had no FP left for 7DMT :eek: . Fortunately they had 2 other MK days with availability both days:thumbsup2
Hoping our FP day on Monday is just as successful :D

Which day is out of 7DMT already???

I was nervous for nothing booking my FP this morning was fairly simple. We did not want FOP but did get the NAv'i River Ride and Frozen which were the 2 we really wanted.
Everything fit nicely with the times I have ADR's for so I guess I am done tweaking my reservations.
What to do now for the next 60 days??? lol

@Kshup Welcome to DisBoards! I saw your post in the cancellations thread. You can't PM because you need to have 10 messages before that feature is open to you, and we're not supposed to have conversations on that thread about interest/coordination. I will hold that Akershus for you until you have enough messages to PM me so we can coordinate! To get messages you can just reply to people on different threads, or post content :-)

Seriously? I can't get Seven Dwarfs on day two?

Got it now--not where I wanted it but it seems to work pretty well. :)

Got a Na'vi (would have rather had a second FOP but whatever), FOP (later than I wanted but the right day) and everything else pretty much worked including ROL on the right night and FEA on our first night.

Just had to share I was stalking the dining site at work like a good Dis'er does :surfweb: and I can't believe what popped up. BOG dinner for 6 at 5:00pm on 11/18 party:
Ok why is this so magical well my DD and her family will be at Disney the week before but we have 2 days that overlap Saturday the 18th being the last one. We already planned to spend it MK. DD has CRT booked that morning for my DGD. We both had been unsuccessful getting dinner for BOG during their stay until now :woohoo:
Can't think of a better way to end their first trip to Disney with a magical dinner at Beasts castle :grouphug:

Got it now--not where I wanted it but it seems to work pretty well. :)

Got a Na'vi (would have rather had a second FOP but whatever), FOP (later than I wanted but the right day) and everything else pretty much worked including ROL on the right night and FEA on our first night.
That's AWESOME! Yay for you! Would you (and others) mind sharing your strategy for finding fastpasses after the 7 am window passes? Today's my fp day and when I got online at 7 there was no availability at all for 7DMT for 11/15. Is it worth continuing to search or is it only a one in a million chance that one will pop up?

That's AWESOME! Yay for you! Would you (and others) mind sharing your strategy for finding fastpasses after the 7 am window passes? Today's my fp day and when I got online at 7 there was no availability at all for 7DMT for 11/15. Is it worth continuing to search or is it only a one in a million chance that one will pop up?

Today was my FP day and 11/15 was the problem for me too. It's EMH at MK and I think many of the other nights are Party nights so everyone who doesn't have a Park Hopper will be at MK that day. I made other plans and then just went back in and checked from time to time. As people solidify their plans they will modify and drop stuff. I had a FOP that I dropped because I was going to use FP in another park that day but I grabbed it in case I couldn't make anything else work. If 7DMT hadn't been such a problem earlier in the week which made me worry about it on my last day I might have kept that other FOP for days. No guarantees but it does seem to pay to keep looking. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter