• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

It sounds like everyone did pretty well with their fast passes so far.

I don't remember the last time I posted about our Nov. resorts, but I changed again today :) Our last 3 nights are still at CSR with a great discount, but our first night is now at the Poly rather than POR. We've stayed at the Poly once and even though this is only for one night, I'm looking forward to it!

That's awesome. I would love to stay at the Poly.

Thank you all! This helps a bunch. I'm still feeling overwhelmed but feel a little more confident about getting it all to fall into place. I forget that it can still be tweaked between now and the trip. I guess it feels so final. Lol

Don't stress out too much. I was stressed out about picking the right ones and then when we got down there, I ended up moving so much stuff around anyway. The main thing is trying to get the most important ones to you.

If we have a 13 month old that can't go on the big rides with us (me, dh and dd9) do I book just 3 fast passes or those? If I book 4 and we do a rider switch cab my daughter go on again with the one that uses the rider switch pass? Do I get to pick out fp for my dd13 months?

No fp for the little one. And for the big rides that offer rider swap, you can get a fp for you and dd9. Then when you get to the line have dh and dd13m with you to ask for a rider swap. Then dh and dd9 can go in the fast pass line using the rider swap after you ride or later. So dh doesn't need an actual fp. It frees up a fp so maybe he can go on something with dd13m later.

Today was my FP day and 11/15 was the problem for me too. It's EMH at MK and I think many of the other nights are Party nights so everyone who doesn't have a Park Hopper will be at MK that day. I made other plans and then just went back in and checked from time to time. As people solidify their plans they will modify and drop stuff. I had a FOP that I dropped because I was going to use FP in another park that day but I grabbed it in case I couldn't make anything else work. If 7DMT hadn't been such a problem earlier in the week which made me worry about it on my last day I might have kept that other FOP for days. No guarantees but it does seem to pay to keep looking. :)
Thanks for sharing :-) I wlll definitely keep looking!!!!

So I've been checking TP FP availability every morning and trying to come up with backup plans for 7DMT, because pickins are slim for our MK days. I feel confident we can get one on 11/21, so I know we will ride it, but I want to ride it a couple of times!

We only have one day to RD the MK and that's 11/16. I would normally prefer to head over to BTMRR at RD, but with Splash down I am thinking it might be a better use of time to head to 7D. Does anyone have recent experience with doing it at RD? I know it's where EVERYONE goes, but I don't know how else to achieve a 2nd ride on it.

So I've been checking TP FP availability every morning and trying to come up with backup plans for 7DMT, because pickins are slim for our MK days. I feel confident we can get one on 11/21, so I know we will ride it, but I want to ride it a couple of times!

We only have one day to RD the MK and that's 11/16. I would normally prefer to head over to BTMRR at RD, but with Splash down I am thinking it might be a better use of time to head to 7D. Does anyone have recent experience with doing it at RD? I know it's where EVERYONE goes, but I don't know how else to achieve a 2nd ride on it.
Yes if you head there first you will have the shortest wait of the day. Of course a lot of other folks will join you but the wait till not be crazy long.

for all of you who just booked your fp+ 60 days out, have you been successful with getting FoP and if so, what day of your vacation did you schedule it for?
I just scheduled it in the AM for day 6 of my trip. They had a lot of options. I didn't look too closely because I didn't want to miss my chance to get one, but it seemed like they had a good variety of times still available, and I was late by about an hour and a half to making fp's.

It won't really help me (we leave right before it) but I feel like they just extended the Animal Kingdom hours the week of Thanksgiving. I'm hoping if they do 10:00 closings that week maybe we will at least get 9:00 closings the week before. Fingers crossed.

It won't really help me (we leave right before it) but I feel like they just extended the Animal Kingdom hours the week of Thanksgiving. I'm hoping if they do 10:00 closings that week maybe we will at least get 9:00 closings the week before. Fingers crossed.
Would be great if they extend the hours I saw in the entertainment for ROL they have listed both 6:30 and 8:30

yep 10pm closing all Thanksgiving week. I'm feeling more relaxed about spending the evening there on 11/22.

I feel pretty happy about our FPs. We have a split stay so couldn't make any for our first 2 days which will be Epcot for the evening of our first day and MK for our second day. I feel like since it's just the 2 of us, we'll be able to get some good FPs for day 1 and 2 once we activate our tickets.

Got FoP for our 6th, 7th, and 8th days. Already cancelled the 7th day one as I don't want to do AK that much. Our first AK day is day 4. I was only able to get NRJ for that day, so the plan is to get in line for FoP 20-30 minutes before close. That way we will see the whole standby queue which I really want to do.

I didn't have any trouble getting any other FPs that I wanted. Of course, if I had tried to get TT for day 1 or 7DMT for day 2, maybe that would have been a problem, but I couldn't due to the split stay, so I'll never know:)

That would be awesome!

I am excited for the new holiday things they have announced recently. The HS evening holiday additions sound fun and will be running the whole week we are there. Epcot's International Festival of the Holidays starts on our last park day and I'm excited to see it!

I am excited for the new holiday things they have announced recently. The HS evening holiday additions sound fun and will be running the whole week we are there. Epcot's International Festival of the Holidays starts on our last park day and I'm excited to see it!

Me too!! They sound amazing! Unfortunately we'll be missing the EPCOT events by a few days but we'll get to see the new offerings at HS, as well as all of the decorations in MK! I guess that gives me another reason to plan a trip for next year...darn!:woohoo:
I just wish fantasmic was a little later than Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! so we could see both.
Hopefully we'll get to see some of the deluxe decorations,as well!

Any word on whether Starlord and Baby Groot will still be meeting at HS by the time we all go in November (Thanksgiving week, in particular)? I am wondering if he will get kicked out before then since it is so close to Coco's release.

Everyone on here has been so helpful everytime I ask question, thank you. I have a few more. We have a one night room only stay before our free dining package starts, do I make make fastpasses the 60 days of our room only or when our package starts (with the tickets). TIA!

Everyone on here has been so helpful everytime I ask question, thank you. I have a few more. We have a one night room only stay before our free dining package starts, do I make make fastpasses the 60 days of our room only or when our package starts (with the tickets). TIA!
Edited to add correct information.
Your 60 day window will open on the check in day of your room only reservation but you will only be able to book fastpasses for dates that begin with your package reservation check in date. :)

Last edited:
Quick question. I completely forgot but do they not give you options for fp at a time that you have an ADR scheduled? I wouldn't want to lose out on a fp that's more important because the only time they had was while my adr was scheduled

Your 60 day window for fastpasses will begin when your tickets begin. FP's are tied to tickets, not room reservations. Since you have package tickets then that will be when your free dining package begins. If you had annual passes or had bought tickets separately, then your 60 day window would have opened for your first reservation. :)

According to the FP post (second bullet below), I think it should open at 60 days from the room only date I believe but you'll only be able to make FPs for the days that you actually have tickets to the park (not the day of your room only stay if you don't have park tickets tied to that day). We've got the same setup. I've read this post over and over again because there are so many different ways FP can work depending on how your stay is setup!

Two Onsite Stays (Back-to-Back)
  • Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.
  • RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.
  • Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Quick question. I completely forgot but do they not give you options for fp at a time that you have an ADR scheduled? I wouldn't want to lose out on a fp that's more important because the only time they had was while my adr was scheduled

You will still be able to see them if there's a conflict, but it will show a warning that you have an ADR for that time.

Your 60 day window for fastpasses will begin when your tickets begin. FP's are tied to tickets, not room reservations. Since you have package tickets then that will be when your free dining package begins. If you had annual passes or had bought tickets separately, then your 60 day window would have opened for your first reservation. :)

According to the FP post (second bullet below), I think it should open at 60 days from the room only date I believe but you'll only be able to make FPs for the days that you actually have tickets to the park (not the day of your room only stay if you don't have park tickets tied to that day). We've got the same setup. I've read this post over and over again because there are so many different ways FP can work depending on how your stay is setup!

Two Onsite Stays (Back-to-Back)
  • Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.
  • RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.
  • Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Lol. I read that FP thread too and that is what made me so confused! I sadly need to take time off from work on the day I do my FP so I wanted the right day. Thank you for your replies. If anyone has any experience with this could you chime in!!

Just had to share I was stalking the dining site at work like a good Dis'er does :surfweb: and I can't believe what popped up. BOG dinner for 6 at 5:00pm on 11/18 party:
Ok why is this so magical well my DD and her family will be at Disney the week before but we have 2 days that overlap Saturday the 18th being the last one. We already planned to spend it MK. DD has CRT booked that morning for my DGD. We both had been unsuccessful getting dinner for BOG during their stay until now :woohoo:
Can't think of a better way to end their first trip to Disney with a magical dinner at Beasts castle :grouphug:
Congrats!!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter