Official October 2020 Thread!

We leave this weekend. For those going within the next week, do you think we're going to have tons of rain? The forecast looks a little concerning. I mean, I know it's Florida, and rain is to be expected, but I'm hoping the rain will be short-lived each day. For those who know Orlando really well, especially residents, what do you think?
I'm afraid Sunday, our MK day will be pretty wet... I'm not afraid of the rain and I hope it will lighten the crowds a bit. Also, the skyliner will probably not be in use much this week. Hope they have extra buses out..

11 days!!! Super excited, since like others, this is the "year of cancellations"! We had a family trip in June cancelled, then a kid-free trip booked for Aug cancelled and *fingers crossed* this one in Oct is a GO 4 GO! DH keeps throwing around "maybe we should cancel" under his breath and I finally had to tell him to "stop" - I work remotely from home now full time and need OUT of this house!!

I sooo understand this as I'm in my home office eating a tuna fish sandwich and carrots. DISNEY take me away!!!

I'm a little concerned as well. I haven't purchased my park tickets yet. I don't know why. SMH! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make this a resort only visit and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinners at OKW and Disney Springs. Or if I'm going to take the plunge and go to the parks. And I'm laughing at myself because now I understand just resort visits when for years I didn't "get" just resort people. LOL! Like momma always said, "Never say never". LOL!! I'm 90% sure we'll go to the parks. Heck, I'm the cruiser who had a day stop at Coco Beach and paid out the wazoo to go to Disney for the day thru the cruise line. LOL!!

My plans including parks are below. Let me know your thoughts. I found dinner or lunches for everyday because last year when we went to DS for dinner/lunch we couldn't get in anywhere without a 2+ hour wait. So I said if nothing else we will have some place to eat every day. LOL! And I'm also aware OKW, Olivia's cafe is supposed to be pretty tasty. So I'm sure we'll dine there as well.

10/17 Saturday: late afternoon arrival day to OKW, dinner at Maria & Enzos
Sunday: AK, dinner Edison
Monday: Epcot, dinner Ragland Road (I couldn't find time anywhere else. After eating through the world we might cancel this reservation.)
Tuesday: MK, Dinner Morimoto Asia
Wednesday: DHS, Dinner Boathouse
Thursday: Free day probably AK AM to ride FOP just one more time. Late lunch Wine Bar George
Friday: Free day, early lunch 11am Chef Art Smith, close the day out by visiting MK one last time to see the castle and walk Main street.
Saturday: Departure day

This is a trip that we didn't expect to happen. So we're going in with a we're just grateful we're here attitude. We're going to go with the flow, sleep in if we want to, skip a park if we want to, don't allow the lines or crowds to get us upset, instead we'll go for a snack, swim, nap or shop. At first we had high expectations, now we're just like it is what it is.

Happy trip planning to everyone!

We leave Sunday. I’ve never been tweaking a plan this late in the game, but I changed one of our park days yesterday. 😱. Cannot wait to be there. Praying everyone stays safe from COVID-19! Check your mask and sanitizer supply!

Mask check. Am I the only one who has purchased many different types and kinds of masks? I'm Pooh sized and it's very difficult to breathe through any and all types of mask for me. So I'm bringing my supply of masks to Disney. I have more masks than clothes.

Sanitizer check. I was trying to figure out how to bring my gallon jug. :rotfl2: Thanks SAM'S! But I am filling up our small bottles and mini bottles.

We are going the same days We have Monday Epcot- dinner at Teppan Edo, Tuesday MK dinner Whispering Canyon, Wednesday Lunch at Ogas & dinner at Sci Fi We have ADRs at GF & Boardwalk as well. Debating on keeping the one at WC though.

Well 16 days for us! This isn't Maui (cancelled) or a cruise (was firming plans when C19 hit) but it is one of my favorite places to vacation. I already pulled out my suitcases. I started tossing things in the spare bedroom as I see them. We're cruisers so a lot of my things will work for Disney as well.

I just returned from the grocery store and boy am I glad it is only two more weeks before I don't have to cook, clean or plan a meal. YIPEE!!

My trip was to begin on October 9 but we had to cancel due to NYS quarantine requirements on returning home. I really thought Florida would have come off the NYS Travel restrictions by now. I have been watching the Florida positivity rate for quite a while in hopes that the restrictions would be lifted. There were a couple of days below 10% but now its starting to go back up again. Today was over 17% positivity in Florida but I would definitely go if I didn't have to quarantine on returning home.

Mask check. Am I the only one who has purchased many different types and kinds of masks? I'm Pooh sized and it's very difficult to breathe through any and all types of mask for me. So I'm bringing my supply of masks to Disney. I have more masks than clothes.

Sanitizer check. I was trying to figure out how to bring my gallon jug. :rotfl2: Thanks SAM'S! But I am filling up our small bottles and mini bottles.

They are crazy sizes. I bought a box of adult disposable at Aldi and they barely fit me. DH would have bleeding ears.

I'm afraid Sunday, our MK day will be pretty wet... I'm not afraid of the rain and I hope it will lighten the crowds a bit. Also, the skyliner will probably not be in use much this week. Hope they have extra buses out..

Ha, we will be in the MK on Sunday as well. Will take rain jackets plus disposable ponchos, hoping to be "ready" for the weather. But really keeping my fingers crossed that this next week won't be as rainy as the forecast seems to predict. 🤞

Please dont forget about us and give us update on how it's going:) have fun
Just arrived. Room not ready so we dropped our bags to be delivered and we went to bus stop for DS and lunch. First thing I noticed was the times for the next bus was not given. We missed the first bus but the next one came with in 5 minutes. Lovely day here today

Check your October hours! They essentially just created weekend and weekday hours from now until October 25.

Yessss! Our MK day went from 9-6 to 9-8!!!! and our AK in which we have to leave early due to catching our plane is now opening an hour earlier! doing the happy dance over here...

Where’s the love for the weekday people?? 😭😭 but maybe I’ll get lucky since they didn’t update the hours past Oct 25th yet and I arrive on the 26th

I have some weekdays also. it seems weekdays are really flowing well. It would be nice for more time but I do not think it is a "need" like it is a on the weekend.

SAME!! I have quite the collection going, but I was able to find a brand/style that fits my broad, fat face pretty well. Disposable masks do *not* fit me well, but I'm bringing those as backups anyway. My kiddo also has a good-size collection but I'm also bringing disposable masks for her.

As for sanitizer, I have wipes and bottles... I've been buying a few purse-size bottles every time we go to Target, and I think I have enough packages of sanitizing wipes to feel comfortable! 11 days to go for us...

Check your October hours! They essentially just created weekend and weekday hours from now until October 25.

Thx Wilky!! My Sunday AK went from 9-5 to 8-6. My Friday 2nd MK day went from 9-6 to 9-8. Monday thru Thursday remained the same. AK is our 1st park day and my fav park. Super excited! Hubs is mowing the grass. I can't wait to tell him!!

I was one of the crazies who stood in line 4 hours for FOP in 2017. I plan to make up for it in two weeks and 2 days. I'll catch the 1st bus smoking from OKW to AK. I plan to be at the bus stop at 7AM. Yep, I'll be the crazy lady riding FOP all day because it's not a 4 hour wait. Until you wait in a line for 4 hours these little complaints about a 30, 40, 50, 60 minute wait is rubbish to me. LOL! When you can't get a FP and your favorite movie has a new ride at Disney, you suck it up and WAIT 4 HOURS! I still can't believe I did it. DH and I weren't married yet and it was our 1st time to Disney as a couple. He was such a trooper. He didn't complain and purchased many snacks and drinks as we waited. It was great fun! You really get to know the people ahead and behind you. LOL!! Thank goodness there wasn't any C19 back then.

Our 2nd MK day we planned to shut the parks down. So I'm thrilled about the extra 2 hours. Time to change my breakfast to a lunch because we will have time now to enjoy a nice lunch AND take a power nap before heading back to MK to close the park down and say good bye to the castle. I'll be the crying lady walking down main street at 8ish pm on that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter