***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate feedback on the FoP ride for younger children. We have a 7 year old who will be tall enough, but he is slightly leery of roller coasters. and we are a little concerned about how he will react here especially since he will be "alone" on the ride, not sitting right next to us

I would appreciate feedback on the FoP ride for younger children. We have a 7 year old who will be tall enough, but he is slightly leery of roller coasters. and we are a little concerned about how he will react here especially since he will be "alone" on the ride, not sitting right next to us
He is right next to you. The bikes are very close together. How does he do on Star tours? If he's ok there I would think he would be ok

The bikes are next to each other. It's a bit more intense that Star Tours, and much better I think. He can always just close his eyes if he doesn't like it. I do not do any roller coasters, even simulated ones. It's nothing like a roller coaster. It's the best ride ever!

Flight of Passage is an amazing ride. I was able to go on 2 times and I loved it both times. I will say the 2nd time on I felt claustrophobic in the seat. I'm only 5 4 weigh about 130 pounds. The restraints came up and the ride started but was loading at 65 percent for what seemed like an eternity I had to take some serious deep breaths I really started to feel confined but all was well and i enjoyed it just as much as the 1st time.

Pandora is very pretty.

I am currently in standby for Navi.

After so much waiting and trying to get the precious Fastpass, I finally rode FoP. Although the ride seemed great, I was unlucky to sit between talkers... On one side: “Have you seen the big fish, he looks like... Do you remember... Hahaha” and on the other someone who wanted to show off how often they had ridden it by saying out loud everything what was going to happen or what the narrator would say next. It kind of ruined it for me. All I can say is, please be considerate of others, that might be their only chance to ever ride what seems like a fatastic experience.

Thank for this thread and for all the helpful comments.

Just got back... tip if you have two people... we managed to get 6 day-of FP for FoP and 4 (could have gotten many more but how many boat rides can you do) for NRJ across two days. All were booked after using our initial 3 advanced FP. You just need to look during your downtime, I did it while waiting in lines, and just keep switching times. You do that for a couple minutes and there’s a good chance one will eventually pop up. Was literally in the FP queue for FoP and got another starting 10 minutes later.

Your mileage may vary, especially if you have more in your group, but if you’re determined (you can’t just try for 10 seconds and give up!) two people can ride FoP/NRJ quite a few times.

Pandora is very pretty.
I finally rode FoP. Although the ride seemed great, I was unlucky to sit between talkers...
Thank for this thread and for all the helpful comments.
I got pixie dusted by a very attentive and listening CM. He saved Pandora’s day for me! I rode FoP again and was able to immerse myself in the adventure. It is a truly amazing ride in the end. I understand the excitement and recommend it.
pixiedust:

Just got back... tip if you have two people... we managed to get 6 day-of FP for FoP and 4 (could have gotten many more but how many boat rides can you do) for NRJ across two days. All were booked after using our initial 3 advanced FP. You just need to look during your downtime, I did it while waiting in lines, and just keep switching times. You do that for a couple minutes and there’s a good chance one will eventually pop up. Was literally in the FP queue for FoP and got another starting 10 minutes later.

Your mileage may vary, especially if you have more in your group, but if you’re determined (you can’t just try for 10 seconds and give up!) two people can ride FoP/NRJ quite a few times.

This is a great strategy in general, I use this to get more Tier 1 in hollywood studios.

Had a 17 min wait for Navi River on Wed 11/3 about 20 min before park closing. By the time we got off they were totally closed for rides. Unexpected end to our day after seeing the crazy wait times all night. (We had just finished a late safari 4th FP that was a must for my daughter). Glad we tried last minute to ride.

Booked my Fastpasses today for my second journey to Pandora! Can't wait!

What are you most looking forward to experiencing a second time? Anything you didn't do last time that you gotta do this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter