***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by rteetz, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

We are planning on breakfast at 8am and park opens at 9am. Should we head to Navi, ee, or safari first?

2. twebber55

twebber55 DIS Veteran

navi for sure. is your breakfast at tusker house

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Haley R

Yep it’s at th. We were supposed to eat at 10:35 but I got fop moved up to 10:50. I just hope our niece isn’t too tired that morning after dah the night before :/
    Can a 9 yo drink monster lol?

5. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Pandora is Even Better than Imagined!

Many folks have commented about the queue, and missing it with FP+. Personally, I'd much rather skip it than wait 2 or more hours to see Jake floating in a tank. It's cool but not a must do when the lines are so long. Other than some hand prints on the walls I really didn't think it was that great. Just another opinion.

6. Eccle

Eccle Mouseketeer

Look now! Parks hours have changed from 15th feb onwards and there are FPs available, generally either between 8-9am or after 7pm. On the 21st there are various times available from 7pm

ThistleMae likes this.
  7. Haley R

Thanks for posting about hours. One of our closing times for an mk day changed from 8pm to 11pm.

Linkura and ThistleMae like this.
  8. ginny65

ginny65 Mouseketeer

We are staying offsite for the first time and are going to AK one day. Will we be able to do Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey if we can't obtain FPs? We are going in the middle of May on a non-EMH day. We would also like to do the night time Kilimanjaro Safari

9. Eccle

Eccle Mouseketeer

From what I've read, your best bet would be to get to the park an hour before opening, do FoP first then Navi River after (though you will probably be able to fastpass that).

rteetz likes this.
  10. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to get them for 7:30p!!!! :cheer2::banana::cool1::banana::disrocks:party::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

11. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

I think lots of folks are trying to get onto the site, Stitch ate my page a dozen times before I got through. :scared:

bluecastle and rteetz like this.
  12. BigRed98

BigRed98 Professional Disney Fan

Enjoy, it’s a great ride!

rteetz likes this.
  13. EBM1228

EBM1228 Earning My Ears

I was able to get a fast pass for FOP! AK was scheduled to open at 9 with EM hour starting at 8 but they moved EM hour to 7 for an opening at 8. Fast passes were available for 8-9 am

14. Haley R

Is it likely that they will open ak earlier than 9 on March 2? We have breakfast at 8 but I won’t do it if we don’t get in early.

15. Eccle

Eccle Mouseketeer

Yay! Glad you were able to get them

chloelovesdisney likes this.
  16. Linkura

Linkura DIS Veteran

Actually more like 90 minutes if you're RDing FOP.

Doubt it. I think these increased hours for Feb are because of school vacations/Presidents' Day week crowds.

17. Haley R

Okay thanks. I’m kind of excited to try breakfast before the park opens. Never done it before and it sounds like we won’t have to wait nearly as long for characters.

18. maalca23

maalca23 Mouseketeer

So I am confused. We will be at AK on 26 Feb. EMH morning 0800 - 0900. When I go to make FP, it only list 0900, vice 0800. Why is the hour from 0800 - 0900 not listed in FP+ as an option?

19. JETSDAD

JETSDAD DIS Veteran

There are no FP's during EMH.

Haley R and chloelovesdisney like this.
  20. lorli

lorli Perfectly Pixieish

What is the wait time for Na'vi at rope drop?

21. WaterLinds

WaterLinds Mouseketeer

We're headed to AK February 12 by our current plan. We were initially staying offsite so I couldn't book early, and by the time we scored a room at POFQ it was 31 days out so we didn't gain much FP advantage that way!

Got Navi FP for late afternoon, and have been furiously refreshing for either an earlier time there or the rare chance of FOP, but no luck yet. Our group is 5 people--should I be splitting us into 2 and 3 when refreshing for better odds? We have a toddler who is too short to ride as well so technically would be eligible for rider swap if only a few of us get FP, I guess, although the plan was to get everyone booked and just ride in 2 shifts.

We're doing EMM the next day so I'm not sure we're up for rope drop that morning. And the toddler may be too exhausted for us to all survive until park close for that strategy, although if we fail at FP maybe we'll split up so at least some of us can ride that way...really hoping for FP to make life a little easier!