**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

With the new assigned seats, please realize you could potentially be sat with another group. A lady was so mean when we tried to get to our seat at our shared table that I got upset as we were already running late. The manager took care of it for us but it still was not a nice start.

That is terrible. That's such an American thing to be like that. People from other countries are so used to being seated together in all sorts of situations. I have seen bad Americans acting this way in restaurants in Europe:sad2: It makes me ashamed, but I always feel better when people are surprised that we are from the US. I bet if more people would be willing to share space, we wouldn't have problems finding somewhere to sit at the QS, like Pinocchio's. I hope the party when well otherwise.

Just got back, we did this on the 18th. They said they started using the tables on the 16th, it was a wonderful surprise for us when we went to check in! We have never done this dessert party before so I can't say what has changed. They had a person handing out cups of special juice or the alcoholic drink as we entered into the party area. We were a party of 4 so we had our own table. They still have the frozen nutella table, and the cast member working it, I forgot her name, was wonderful! They had pita bread, with black bean and hummus dips that I loved. Thinly sliced and cubes meats, pickled veggies, fruit, and desserts. Our table had a note that said the Commander on the Bridge requests your presence at 8:30, but we didn't take advantage of it. We were happy enough to eat, relax and see all the Star Wars stuff in the hanger. My daughter loved the BB-8 that was wandering around one of the rooms. The steins we received was Darth Vader. The viewing area for the show was close to the front, a great view of the theater itself. We could see everything, but it was so close, you couldn't get the sides of the show on one picture. But not complaining, the shows were great. We were able to sit on the concrete, no one stood in front of us. It was very full of people. I overheard a lady sitting in the reserved area that hadn't paid for the party. She was saying she didn't know it was a reserved area and shrugged it off, laughed about it, didn't leave or anything. After a long day, I was kinda irritated about that, but no one said anything. So they must not be really checking for badges like at the MK party. Overall we likes this party better than the MK fireworks dessert party as far as food. I would post a couple of table pics but I can't figure out how.

I really want to surprise hubby with this event but I cant even find where the SW fireworks are even planned in October of this year. Am I missing this information?

I really want to surprise hubby with this event but I cant even find where the SW fireworks are even planned in October of this year. Am I missing this information?

Last year October dates were released by early August. I made an October 25th reservation on August 3rd.

With the new assigned seats, please realize you could potentially be sat with another group. A lady was so mean when we tried to get to our seat at our shared table that I got upset as we were already running late. The manager took care of it for us but it still was not a nice start.

Can I ask what they did to remedy the problem? I can't believe someone would be so rude, especially at such a nice event. We're often a party of two as well and my total nightmare isn't being sat with strangers, we can talk and be civilized, it's being stuck with rude people!

We are doing the dessert party this week. I'll try to get as many pictures as I can an upload them.

One question - will I be able to bring my tripod to take fireworks pictures? It seems like the best opportunity to try that because of the reserved viewing area.

We are doing the dessert party this week. I'll try to get as many pictures as I can an upload them.

One question - will I be able to bring my tripod to take fireworks pictures? It seems like the best opportunity to try that because of the reserved viewing area.
Yes you can, I would leave the dessert party early to set up exactly where you want (best spot to the back and left of the viewing area)

Yes you can, I would leave the dessert party early to set up exactly where you want (best spot to the back and left of the viewing area)
Hi yulilin3!
When you say the back left, is that left when facing the stage or as you walk in? Sorry I'm directionally challenged!!

Hi yulilin3!
When you say the back left, is that left when facing the stage or as you walk in? Sorry I'm directionally challenged!!
As you face the Chinese theater, the higher fireworks will go off on the right side so if you are center or to the right the building will block most of those. So as you face the building go back and to the left

Can I ask what they did to remedy the problem? I can't believe someone would be so rude, especially at such a nice event. We're often a party of two as well and my total nightmare isn't being sat with strangers, we can talk and be civilized, it's being stuck with rude people!

We were moved to a table to the complete opposite area from that couple along with the manager continuing to check on us throughout the evening.

Our initial table was in the reserved section at the Catina rather than the lower level. When we got to our area, we noted there wasn't any chairs for us at our assigned table so we asked a cast member what we should do as we were supposed to be at Table 2 which was confirmed on their clipboard but there were no chairs for us? There was some frantic behavior among the cast members and the lady got up and declared it was her table. The cast members brought over two chairs but they had their stuff everywhere on the table so it wasn't like we could have even used it. My friend took me to get a plate of food so that maybe these people would get the hint they were going to have to share but when we came over the lady was talking to the manager probably annoyed she had to share. The manager took us to our new table.

Maybe if we had been there right at opening rather than 20 minutes into the event, it could have had a different reaction but either way she was really rude. I was already stressed out about being late and that set me off to tears. The face looked familiar so I wonder if she's on these boards and am interested to see what her take of it was, although because I am mentioning it on this thread, she'll probably be too embarrassed.

The bartender took very good care of me though as he made some special drinks for me which was very nice of him. He well deserved the large tip we received from my friend and I at the end!

We were moved to a table to the complete opposite area from that couple along with the manager continuing to check on us throughout the evening.

Our initial table was in the reserved section at the Catina rather than the lower level. When we got to our area, we noted there wasn't any chairs for us at our assigned table so we asked a cast member what we should do as we were supposed to be at Table 2 which was confirmed on their clipboard but there were no chairs for us? There was some frantic behavior among the cast members and the lady got up and declared it was her table. The cast members brought over two chairs but they had their stuff everywhere on the table so it wasn't like we could have even used it. My friend took me to get a plate of food so that maybe these people would get the hint they were going to have to share but when we came over the lady was talking to the manager probably annoyed she had to share. The manager took us to our new table.

Maybe if we had been there right at opening rather than 20 minutes into the event, it could have had a different reaction but either way she was really rude. I was already stressed out about being late and that set me off to tears. The face looked familiar so I wonder if she's on these boards and am interested to see what her take of it was, although because I am mentioning it on this thread, she'll probably be too embarrassed.

The bartender took very good care of me though as he made some special drinks for me which was very nice of him. He well deserved the large tip we received from my friend and I at the end!

I am so sorry you experienced that. I don’t know if I hope she is on these boards and sees this (but as rude and entitled as she is she probably thinks you were in the wrong still) or if I hope she is not because we don’t need that kind of person here. We are going in a couple days and hope we don’t run into that kind of mean person. (Odds against it I would think) She also got rewarded with a private table. She should have been tossed on her ear but I know Disney doesn’t do that.

My son and I will be a party of 2 for the party next month- hopefully not seated with people like that!
Sorry you had to go thru all that!!

DD7 and I did the Guided Tour on Friday 6/22. It was fun and we had some good Star Wars dialog with the guides and other guests. It was nice to ride Star Tours as the first ride of the day and get some behind the scenes insight into the ride. We also got to go to the front of the line for the characters in the launch bay. The guides had some cool bits of trivia as we walked thru the launch bay and viewed the displays. My biggest complaint is that the viewing area for SWaGS was way to close. We sat in the back left per suggestions, but the bright lights and flames during the show made it hard to keep our eyes open at times. We got a Phasma stein and a Star Wars name tag as gifts as well as lunch at Backlot. All in all it was a bit pricey considering we could have done everything on our own with a good plan, but it was fun none the less.

Wow, what a weirdo! I'd probably cry too, especially since that's my default when getting frustrated. Not that I'm excusing their behavior, but the heat and stress of all of it does strange things to people. It's great the staff were able to pivot so easily, making things right for you. The only thing that bothers me is that she probably felt rewarded by her bad behavior. I do hope the event management was able to give her a polite but pointed response to her bad behavior but people often have zero self awareness in those situations.

The only thing that bothers me is that she probably felt rewarded by her bad behavior.
Don't let it bother you because she probably didn't feel rewarded. She's assuming that she got what she paid for. Whatever the issue was, even if it's unjustified, it's the Staff's job to diffuse it and do what's appropriate to make it go away ASAP. Who's right or wrong doesn't matter. There's a party to put on and there are 150 other guests that have to be considered. Disruptions are the enemy.
I do hope the event management was able to give her a polite but pointed response to her bad behavior
It's not Event Management's job to give pointed responses to Guests. Let's just put on a good and uneventful party.

Don't let it bother you because she probably didn't feel rewarded. She's assuming that she got what she paid for. Whatever the issue was, even if it's unjustified, it's the Staff's job to diffuse it and do what's appropriate to make it go away ASAP. Who's right or wrong doesn't matter. There's a party to put on and there are 150 other guests that have to be considered. Disruptions are the enemy.
It's not Event Management's job to give pointed responses to Guests. Let's just put on a good and uneventful party.

Yes I understand, Disney CMs as a policy do not like to ruffle feathers. I just dislike seeing people behaving badly and feeling like they got what they wanted just because they complained enough. Not only is that disruptive to the other guests but also to staff such as yourself. I know, not my circus and not my monkeys but I do wish people would be more considerate of their fellow guests. We're all Star Wars fans so I don't see the harm in being at bare minimum cordial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter