D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we are so close to booking a room for only one night just to see SWGE. I want to verify something before we do...if we book next Friday 6/14, will we get SWGE reservations for 6/15? And if we don’t, I can call and request a change to 6/15? Are they pretty flexible about changes? Reason being is we will not arrive until late on 6/14 (driving from NorCal) I tried to search to find my answer and this is what I got so far. Sorry In advance if I missed something obvious. Thank you!!
I haven’t read ahead to see if others replied to you, but since we were Aulani planning buddies and now SWGE buddies, I wanted to respond. We have a 2 night stay coming up, but get in late the first night. They gave us the day after check in at 8am. Which would have been great except we had a free reservation already for that day from 11am-3pm. Since the free one is not moveable, I asked to switch the hotel-linked reservation to Sunday (check out day), and they said there were no times available on that day. So we took Saturday from 8pm-midnight, so we will see it during the day and at night on the same day. So, yes you can change the time/date, but what you want may not be available anymore. I hope you are able to get what you want and join the SWGE frenzy!! Just make sure it is a refundable room so that if you can’t get the SWGE date on the day you can make it, you can cancel the room. Good luck, and always love to see your plans on this board!

Yours is so cute! And so is your daughter! Hmmmm I thought I liked the BB8 styles, but I've seen some really cool R2 style ones.
She has named it "R2 Izzy." I love the cuteness of BB8, but it seems like a pain to actually control. The R2s are easy to maneuver.

What really impressed me is that several CMs talked to her about her droid and then remembered the name later - they'd say, "Hey, Izzy!" or something when we walked by them again. Furthermore, some CMs actually chatted with her for a bit and then walked us over to the MF:SR ride talking about being "Izzy's guard" and saying things about how "R2 Izzy is coming through!" - and THEN they sent us up the DAS ramp, so we skipped the line!

This is what I mean about the awesome CM interactions. There are some really great people working hard to make really special memories. I wish I'd gotten all of these people's names so I could send in feedback on them. (I looked for "Izzy's guard" later, but they weren't there anymore.)

How soon can you call to find out your SWGE reservation after you book? Booked using a 3rd party. So no email....thanks!!
I called Disney today because I hadn't gotten my email yet. The CM told me they go out on Tuesdays and Fridays. And that they take a few days to process. I booked my room on Monday and I hope to get the email on friday. I booked on the Disney website. I don't know if there is any additional time required for a third party booking.

Apologies if this was discussed already. I searched the thread but didn't see anything. I have an 8am-noon reservation. Does the Cantina serve the full menu in the morning or just the breakfast menu? I plan on heading there first thing, but the breakfast menu doesn't look as good as the full menu, and I'd be a little disappointed if I missed out on the fun drinks.

My guess it is because those trying to book on a phone could not add guests so they are giving them a "second chance."

She has named it "R2 Izzy." I love the cuteness of BB8, but it seems like a pain to actually control. The R2s are easy to maneuver.

What really impressed me is that several CMs talked to her about her droid and then remembered the name later - they'd say, "Hey, Izzy!" or something when we walked by them again. Furthermore, some CMs actually chatted with her for a bit and then walked us over to the MF:SR ride talking about being "Izzy's guard" and saying things about how "R2 Izzy is coming through!" - and THEN they sent us up the DAS ramp, so we skipped the line!

This is what I mean about the awesome CM interactions. There are some really great people working hard to make really special memories. I wish I'd gotten all of these people's names so I could send in feedback on them. (I looked for "Izzy's guard" later, but they weren't there anymore.)
Great interactions! How was your DAS experience with SWGE/MFSR in total? I apologize if you already posted and I missed.

I heard that Disney made it so that every day the number of people in the reservation slots were increased? For instance, opening day it was lowest, next day a few more people, and so on, so June 23rd would have the most people in each reservation slot? Is this true? If so, has anyone felt the affect at all?

I was able to add my aunt a few weeks ago when they were allowing you to add just one person. It was just me originally on the reservation. I also received the updated email and QR code with her name. I wonder though, for those who needed to add more, but were only allowed to add one, how this would work for them? Since technically now their reservation is for 2 people.
I did the same thing by adding my wife when they were allowing only one added guest. I received the email this morning about adding additional guests up to five total. I called and was connected to a case supervisor after explaining my situation to the CM who answered my call. The supervisor was awesome! She said no problem and allowed me to add my son and granddaughter. Now I have a reservation for four. My time slot is tomorrow 11-3

Apologies if this was discussed already. I searched the thread but didn't see anything. I have an 8am-noon reservation. Does the Cantina serve the full menu in the morning or just the breakfast menu? I plan on heading there first thing, but the breakfast menu doesn't look as good as the full menu, and I'd be a little disappointed if I missed out on the fun drinks.

Reports thus far are that the full menu is available all day.

A few questions for those who have visited...

1. Has anyone bought a tunic and worn it in the park? I watched an interview with one of the SWGE mercy guys and he implied being able to just put it on over your shirt and go along your merry way

2. Has anyone bought the metal gift card and then used it to purchase your droid?

3. Anyone arrived in the entry line pretty close to the 8am entry? How was it? Did you find it put you at any disadvantage?

Really I think we just plan to build a couple droids, ride the falcon, shop, try some food and experience the world in general. I had considered Oga’s but my dad will not be able to do a line up and he can’t really rush either so I don’t want to have to fight for it. :) I’m going for the easy and stress free approach

Last edited:
A few questions for those who have visited...

1. Has anyone bought a tunic and worn it in the park? I watched an interview with one of the SWGE mercy guys and he implied being able to just put it on over your shirt and go along your merry way

2. Has anyone bought the metal gift card and then used it to purchase your droid?

3. Anyone arrived in the entry line pretty close to the 8am entry? How was it? Did you find it put you at any disadvantage?

Really I think we just plan to build a couple droids, ride the falcon, shop, try some food and experience the world in general. I had considered Oga’s but my dad will not be able to do a line up and he can really rush either so I don’t want to have to fight for it. :) I’m going for the easy and stress free approach
We got to Launch Bay at around 7:40 am yesterday and there was already a long line outside Launch Bay with folks who had wristbands ready to go. So by the time we walked into Galaxies Edge there was a long line for Oga’s. We decided to go to Smugglers Run and the wait was maybe 30 minutes. But after that we walked around a little to look at stuff then went to Oga’s and they weren’t letting anyone in without a reservation, and apparently weren’t taking any more reservations (had no idea they would basically close it).

So yeah we were done with Star Wars Land in about an hour and fifteen minutes then left. If you don’t care about doing Oga’s it’s pretty stress free and you can be in and out in a jiffy.

Sorry if this has already been asked, does anyone know if the spire gift card can be purchased at Oga's or any of the food/drink locations?

Honestly it’s going to be an issue for the foreseeable future. Until they figure out a way to expand capacity. I mean even the Cove Bar would constantly have lines years after it opened.

The prices for drinks at Oga's are a crime against humanity. That is not sustainable once the die hards are gone.

So were you both able to do the cantina and Savi's by splitting up and going for one reservation each?

Kind of. I headed to Savis and did my lightsaber while my husband went to the cantina to get the rancor tooth board. It wasn't until our evening reservation that night that I got in line for the cantina first ( 45 minute wait , they texted when ready) that we both went in together. We divided to conquer as much as possible to start. If only one reservation you'll need to choose which is more important.

Sorry if this has already been asked, does anyone know if the spire gift card can be purchased at Oga's or any of the food/drink locations?

It's only sold at droid depot and was sold out today again after we got ours Tuesday morning.

I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers so no pictures - but for those who've been, what is the best food item/items to get? I'm going on Sunday 6/9!

This depends what time of day you're going.

The wrap at Rontos roasters is amazing.

The roast at Docking Bay is only served after 4pm but was wonderful. The raspberry puff dessert was fabulous too. I had the sticky ribs today and they were fall off the bone tender, hubby loved it.

Also - you can use mobile order ahead of time before you enter the land! I set all my food orders while waiting to enter the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter