• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW buildings 30-33 are occupied as of today!

It's too bad they couldn't get some pastel bed covers. They are not plain sheets, but usually have a detailed pattern in them. A little color (KEY WEST COLORS) would go a long way. Just not more tan. Too much tan.

The curtain valance is the same as before and clashes horribly with the new decor. It's such a small detail, but it should've been addressed.

Just back from a 4 day stay in one of the new 1 bedrooms. Personally we loved it. One note, although it’s not a tile back splash, there is a solid, possibly acrylic, backsplash that runs along the entire wall from the sink to the refrigerator. It is white so looks like part of the wall.

Just back from a 4 day stay in one of the new 1 bedrooms. Personally we loved it. One note, although it’s not a tile back splash, there is a solid, possibly acrylic, backsplash that runs along the entire wall from the sink to the refrigerator. It is white so looks like part of the wall.
Excellent news. What building were you in? Do you know which buildings are completed? I know 30-33, but any others?

We were in building 31, and it appeared they were working on the Villas near the Turtle Pond pool area. Maybe buildings 41-43.

Glad to hear they installed some backsplash, so the wall doesn't look horrible quickly, but disappointed they didn't do something with that, and made it something that would make more of a statement. Love it or hate it, the previous greenish/teal tile with the white tile line was distinctive, and at least in the early 90s looked expensive, before everyone had them.

Thanks for the photos! Are the walls grey, light green, or greenish gray or grayish green? They look different in the different photos.

The studios are OK, need some tweaking.

6313583c-d249-45df-9e04-2f2b6e9a5f70_1000.jpg

Looks like maybe some subtle color on the wall behind the beds? Maybe a pale greenish. There may be hope yet. Hoping it all looks different in person.

They need foam padding on the corners of those bed platforms. I'm on blood thinner now and I'm going to be bruised all over my legs. And they replaced the fabric on the roman shades on the door and the curtains on the window. Do I see longer pillows on the beds instead of the shorter pillows like on double and twin beds? In the kitchenette, they took out the mirror over the sink and added some shelves for the mugs, glasses, etc.

Nothing says Key West like pale green and tan.

That link has photos from before the first renovation around 2010 if you look at all of them. I'm already missing the shell pictures in the bathroom.

Last edited:
The curtain valance is the same as before and clashes horribly with the new decor. It's such a small detail, but it should've been addressed.
It's not the same valance. It's a different pattern fabric, but the same type.

In the kitchenette, they took out the mirror over the sink and added some shelves for the mugs, glasses, etc.

Which means no freshening of hair and makeup if someone is in the shower. Obviously whoever designed that room has never traveled with teens.

The restroom is inspired by 50 Shades of Grey. Flooring is one shade, cabinet is another shade, walls are another shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter