One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen? 4/24 UPDATE

YA'LL

It is so exciting to see so many old friends and some new ones as well! I can PROMISE you we WILL be behind over here all of the time; however, if you stick around you will be blessed.

I have been thinking all day we should ask this question, then I read Courtney's post and that clinched it.

The decision to stay in a Vacation Rental Home IS made, we love the idea of the homey feel and it makes the best economic sense, that is why Tracy was able to ask us to join her. :yay::dance3::woohoo::dance3: :yay: The question now is WHERE??? If you have ever rented a home near Disney PLEASE share a link to the house you stayed at, tell us if you liked it or not and any tips you learned along the way. That is our next "planning" decision (the first one was finding a time we could all go together). :love:

BRENDA!!! Thank you for the donation to our Walk for Wishes, as always you are incredibly generous. :lovestruc

Lisa is still having left leg problems (right calf is the typical issues). The MD wants her to stay off of it another 4 days (for those who don't know she has an injured quadriceps muscle). She is not allowed to do ballet this week, unless she gets drastically better...no ballet means I could post this question. Lisa is sad to miss ballet, which makes ME sad for her. We return to have her leg looked at Thursday. Please say a prayer it heals quickly.

I appreciate everyone who is excited for us, this is still like a dream to me. :cloud9:

Tracy, I think we should do intros for each other of this wild clan heading to Florida...You could describe us and I could describe you...notice I gave YOU the bigger work assignment! :lmao:

^^ All Star Vacation Homes was who we rented from and we loved it! Really close to Disney, tons of space, big TVs, our own pool...it was such a good experience. I didn't do the booking as I think I was in middle school then and not as much of the aficionado I am today :lmao:

We always stay at Windsor Hills and love it there. The house we stayed in is unavailable for your dates, but I'm sure you could find more. We have used www.vrbo.com most of the time. The houses are great and all have their own pool. I'm not sure what your budget is, but the 5 bedroom house we stayed in was around $170 a night and that included pool heat and all the taxes. They have 4-6 bedroom houses and it's a secure gated community. Once we found it we haven't stayed anywhere else. We are staying there in a townhouse in 2 weeks.

Wait.......WHAT!!!???? I'm currently trying to pick my jaw up off the floor right now:banana::banana::yay::yay:

How very nice of Tracey to ask you all to go! This just goes to show just how awsome the DIS is! What a great friendship you all have. I am looking forward to following you all.

Tracey :worship::worship:

I hope Lisa's leg heals soon so she can be pain free and go back to doing what she loves to do.

I'm here!!! (Now to read!!)

OMG!! Yeah that your going to get to go back and so soon!!!!!! Why oh why couldn't it be June though? lol Can't wait to hear all the plans and all of the adventures you had on your last trip.
Yea Sandra, Glad you are here! :goodvibes We WILL meet, of that I am certain!! I wish I was in Florida so I could hold that sweet baby!
I'm here! What a great trip to look forward to! Disney with friends is extra special. :)
Brenda, I really can't explain how excited I am. Tracy is such a special lady and I know we will have a blast. Now if I can just plan a trip t meet you!!
Wow, what a surprise of a return trip in January with Tracy! I know you will all have a wonderful time.:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear all about your plans and reading about what you did during your last trip Judy.
Gail you KNOW I am beyond excited. I am looking forward to posting about our most recent trip, it was very special. I only wish I could get YOU to Florida (with us, of course). :goodvibes
I am so happy for all seven of you! How exciting to have something to look forward to. Tracy, you are very generous and kind. Judy, I am so happy you all agreed to go, I think this is much better than a solo trip. :goodvibes Looking forward to pics of your last trip.
Thank you Belle, she is an amazing lady and we are blessed to know her.
Oh, my goodness!!! So happy for all of you! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!
I really can't believe it...we keep pinching ourselves and tracy is right the PTR makes it real! (plus seeing her ticker in her siggie helped)!!
:welcome:
Glad you are finding us from Judy's other thread!!

We told Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa yesterday and posted this thread so it feels 'offical' now and I am sooo excited! I can't wait till January!
:banana::banana::banana:

Disney with friends is the best!
Should I post the video??? :rotfl2::lmao:
How exciting for all of you to go together. That's usually when we go to get away from Minnesota winters. We rent a house too and love having so much room and our own pool where even I go swimming. Can't wait to hear all about it. Glad Lisa's legs are feeling better. Maybe she just needs a day off from dance, although I bet she would say she didn't. Looking forward to hearing all your plans.
We are THRILLED to be going back and so soon with a friend we love! I wish you would be there in January, that would be cool...but I KNOW you have a trip in a couple of weeks coming up! :woohoo::woohoo:

Lisa is okay as long as she isn't walking...she did fine at theater, although she couldn't dance. Christian said he introduced himself to her teacher and she said, oh your our favorite little actresses brother. Made his night! He is so proud of his siblings.
Following along! :goodvibes
I am so happy you are here. Thank you for joining in!!

I'm so happy you all have joined us!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I had a lot of fun touring the parks alone last time but, and you'll probably get tired of me saying this, Judy and her family are FUN! I know we are going to have a blast and am thankful they can join me!

How exciting for all of you to go together. That's usually when we go to get away from Minnesota winters. We rent a house too and love having so much room and our own pool where even I go swimming.
I'm excited about getting away from the Canadian Winter for a bit!
The idea of our own pool totally sold us on the idea of a house, me and Judy might not leave it, lol.

Tracy, I think we should do intros for each other of this wild clan heading to Florida...You could describe us and I could describe you...notice I gave YOU the bigger work assignment! :lmao:

Ha ha! I second your request Judy! I would love to get to know Tracy! :)

Sure, we can do intros! I'll get working on my homework, lol

Lisa, Courtney, gopherdame, and happybelle thanks for the ideas on houses! There are sooo many choices around Disney!

JUDY! You're posting the same time! LOL

The video is funny, it's mostly your kids, so you can decide if you want to post it. I didn't have to say much, lol.

I'm so happy you all have joined us!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I had a lot of fun touring the parks alone last time but, and you'll probably get tired of me saying this, Judy and her family are FUN! I know we are going to have a blast and am thankful they can join me!

I'm excited about getting away from the Canadian Winter for a bit!
The idea of our own pool totally sold us on the idea of a house, me and Judy might not leave it, lol.

Sure, we can do intros! I'll get working on my homework, lol

Lisa, Courtney, gopherdame, and happybelle thanks for the ideas on houses! There are sooo many choices around Disney!
I wrote your intro! Do you want to read it before I post??? Or should I surprise you??

And yes, Tracy and I have decided the pool may be our home for 7
days!

JUDY! You're posting the same time! LOL

The video is funny, it's mostly your kids, so you can decide if you want to post it. I didn't have to say much, lol.

Great minds and all...:lmao:

I wil let the children watch it and tell me if it is okay, they have been so busy today we haven't had time for them to see it and they are in bed now. Yes, you couldn't hardly get a word in edgewise! :lmao:

Page 3!!! Page 3!!! :confused3:scared::sad:

I guess it could be worse!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Off to catch up!!! :cool1:

Thanks for being my friend Judy!!! :wave2::goodvibes

Hugs,

Madeline

I'm here! Going back to read.

I'm back and OH MY GOSH! I am so excited for the seven of you! Tracy, it's so sweet of you to offer to share the home with Judy and her lovely family. I can hardly wait to hear about all of the plans.
Can you even believe this??? I will tell you, it is just a dream! I know we have our share of trials, but we have so many good things too! :cheer2::cheer2: I just feel so blessed! Tracy and I thought a week in the pool could work...as long as there is heat! :rotfl2: NOW, if I could just get to Florida sometime when you are there...of course, Rachel is desperate to go to New Orleans, but that is still too far away from you!
Joining in! I'm so excited to read about your trip! Love going in January, it's a great time!
:welcome::welcome::welcome: to our TR!! We are so happy to have you here! I have never been in January, looking forward to low crowds. Were you cold on your trip, or was it sort of warm?
Wow! How exciting! I am so thrilled for you guys and how wonderful of Tracy. I have to admit when I figured out that you were going back, before I read when I was kinda chanting in my head "please let it be May, please let it be May..." Aww well, I geuss I'll have to keep waiting. I'm sure I'll meet you irl sometime my dear freind. In the mean time I am so happy for you. Can't wait to read more.
Krystal, it is just unbelievable! I am beside myself with joy and to be with Tracy is gong to be fun, the kids honestly can't wait to have an extra sis on the trip! I AM going to meet your sweet family someday, I am certain of THAT as well!
I am so glad you get to go back. How sweet of Tracy. I am here but probably won't post much. Just know that I am reading and that everyone who posts on the thread is in my prayers daily.
Piper, I know how hard it is too sign in some days, I am just happy to have you here reading along and praying for us. Chime in whenever you feel up to it! :hug:
How exciting!!! I love hearing stories like this and you get another trip in...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
YEA Kathy is here! I have missed you, but I FULLY understand. I am so sorry :hug:, but, happy you have a trip to look forward to!
I am here following along. I am glad that ya'll get to go back and with friends makes it even specialer. We were going in January but it has been canceled for me and my husband due to money. Hope that ya'll have a great and relaxing trip while you are there. I hope that Lisa's leg is feeling better and isn't giving her to many problems. I was sorry to hear about your cousin. I am glad to hear that your dad is doing better and you got to spend some special time with him and the rest of your family.

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.
I am so sorry you had to postpone your trip Marilyn, I know you have had a hard time. How is your Dad. :hug:
I am here and hope I can keep up.
Chiara is here, lets start the party!!! :dance3: So excited to read ore about your upcoming trip! :yay:
EEEEP this is so exciting! :banana: Our family rented a house with my aunt and uncle a few years ago when we went to Florida and it was amazing!! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!
You are a doll baby Courtney, Thanks for being excited for us! I think renting the house is going to be a lot of fun! :yay: (Once Tracy picks it out, it gets mind-boggling)!

Ha ha! I second your request Judy! I would love to get to know Tracy! :)
Just waiting on Tracy to say POST! ;) She can see how well I know her!
I'm sorry that I can't give you any recommendations on vacation home rentals. Well, I take that back...kinda. I love allearsnet and they frequently mention this: http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/all_ears.asp
Thank you darling, I knew you would help me! :goodvibes
^^ All Star Vacation Homes was who we rented from and we loved it! Really close to Disney, tons of space, big TVs, our own pool...it was such a good experience. I didn't do the booking as I think I was in middle school then and not as much of the aficionado I am today :lmao:
Thank you Courtney! You ARE an aficionado at such a young age, I was an old lady the first time I went to Disney!
We always stay at Windsor Hills and love it there. The house we stayed in is unavailable for your dates, but I'm sure you could find more. We have used www.vrbo.com most of the time. The houses are great and all have their own pool. I'm not sure what your budget is, but the 5 bedroom house we stayed in was around $170 a night and that included pool heat and all the taxes. They have 4-6 bedroom houses and it's a secure gated community. Once we found it we haven't stayed anywhere else. We are staying there in a townhouse in 2 weeks.
Thanks Robyn..TWO MORE weeks till it is your turn! :woohoo::woohoo:
Wait.......WHAT!!!???? I'm currently trying to pick my jaw up off the floor right now:banana::banana::yay::yay:

How very nice of Tracey to ask you all to go! This just goes to show just how awsome the DIS is! What a great friendship you all have. I am looking forward to following you all.

Tracey :worship::worship:

I hope Lisa's leg heals soon so she can be pain free and go back to doing what she loves to do.
Tonya, it really IS a jaw-dropper. We are incredibly blessed and I know it!!! And Tracy is a lot of fun! :thumbsup2
Thanks Bell, that looks lovely. :goodvibes

Page 3!!! Page 3!!! :confused3:scared::sad:

I guess it could be worse!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Off to catch up!!! :cool1:

Thanks for being my friend Judy!!! :wave2::goodvibes

Hugs,

Madeline

I am SOOOO glad yo are here! I will be doing updates soon, I know you are excited to read a few and I have tons of pics, as always.

I love being your friend, I have told you before together we would be a formidable force! Thanks for being here! :goodvibes

TRACY...Are you working on your homework??? :rotfl: Mine is complete, but as I said I had the easy part! :thumbsup2:lmao::thumbsup2:lmao:

ETA: Okay Ms. Tracy, your Intro is coming up! Feel free to tell me what I missed, what to take out and what I got wrong.

Tracy is a young, vibrant, fun-loving lady who felt like family from the day we first met IRL! Right from the start, she was easy to talk to and fit right in with my family. Every one of us fell in love with her!

She lives in the Northwest Territory of Canada, and likes to tease me that I would find her weather cold (she is correct). :thumbsup2 She performed musical theater in High School and was quite good (I know, I saw video). Her house is HUGE and she shares it with a roommate who works different hours than she does typically and they both travel, so it is as if she lived alone most of the time. She told us we could come to Canada to visit when we were talking on Sunday and Lisa told her we would be coming for a two week stay.

Tracy is a crafter, she has an entire room for it and it was well organized...and I learned a secret yesterday, but I will not tell it, lol. She will have to share if she chooses. :rotfl2: She is a scrapbooker and makes BEAUTIFUL cards! She speaks English and French, although when she hears me try to say something in French with my southern twang it makes no sense. :confused3

She is also a caribou hunter...no, a caribou wrestler!! Yes, that's it!! No, that isn't right either...she is a BIOLOGIST and she DOES tag caribou in the frozen tundra so they can track the herds...and I have seen video of THAT too, I find it amazing that my funny, vibrant, girly friend does that! She does a lot more than that in her job, but that is the part that always fascinates me!

Her first trip to Disney was last year...she made a solo trip to NY, Disney then back to Canada to spend time with her family. She has stayed at 2 different Disney resorts ~ Pop and Art of Animation (I have stayed at zero). Her favorite Princess is Belle, Her favorite character is Eeyore.

She laughs at all of my children's jokes and she actually likes spending time with them (I like spending time with them too). She is an amazing lady, with a huge and generous heart. I can't WAIT to see her again and hug her neck. I feel very humbled that she wanted to spend her vacation with us. Thank you my dear friend :flower3:!

Wow, that is quite a introduction!

I have to laugh that you think I speak French. I took it in high school and can read the cereal box, but my French is terrible.

Pour un instant, j'ai oublié mon nom...

Coming up...intro to the other 6 Dwarfs lol

Wow, that is quite a introduction!

I have to laugh that you think I speak French. I took it in high school and can read the cerise box, but my French is terrible.

Pour un instant, j'ai oublié mon nom...

Coming up the other 6 Dwarfs...

I was going to say you read French because you always say you can only read the cereal boxes..BUT it IS a bit more than that, so I didn't want to dismiss what you actually CAN do! How about "you understand French". :lmao:

And WHY did you forget your name??? (That is what Tracy wrote for those who don't read French...right)?

Aw, be gentle to us please....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am already having the best time with this, I am so happy we decided to do the report! I need your help to keep up though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter