Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I picked up Magic Key Lounge this morning. Not my favorite but it should nice up there away from the chaos. 😂
We booked Magic Key Terrace at 2 PM before the party starts for our night. We can chill for a bit and plan what we want to do that night. Forces us to be in DCA before 3 PM and we're planning on splitting up once check in starts, we keep our table and just switch after one set checks in.

This was a pre booked reservation, or something you added on night of? Would love to see pics if you have them!
Pre-booked Dining reservation, specifically for the package. But they did offer the menu to other dining guests as well, probably because it did not sell well, at least that's what the empty area indicated.

It wasn't fine cuisine by any means, but I wouldn't mind having it again.

The desserts at the Plaza Inn fireworks seating were more elaborate. The only Halloween-y thing here was the dessert, and it amused me greatly that Black Forest Gateau (which screams Evil Queen to me) came with Maleficent decoration.

Attachments

• 20221027_134204.jpg
    20221027_134204.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20221027_135546.jpg
    20221027_135546.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20221027_140233.jpg
    20221027_140233.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20221027_142440.jpg
    20221027_142440.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 24

Pre-booked Dining reservation, specifically for the package. But they did offer the menu to other dining guests as well, probably because it did not sell well, at least that's what the empty area indicated.

It wasn't fine cuisine by any means, but I wouldn't mind having it again.

The desserts at the Plaza Inn fireworks seating were more elaborate. The only Halloween-y thing here was the dessert, and it amused me greatly that Black Forest Gateau (which screams Evil Queen to me) came with Maleficent decoration.
This looks great, I'd take this over the dessert party and hope that it is offered. But I haven't seen anything about it so am thinking sadly no. I can see the dessert party option (not open for booking yet) but nothing else.
sigh...

This looks great, I'd take this over the dessert party and hope that it is offered. But I haven't seen anything about it so am thinking sadly no. I can see the dessert party option (not open for booking yet) but nothing else.
sigh...

The dessert party can be canceled, right? I know it's extra work and twice as much with the time difference to Australia, but you could still cancel the dessert party and get this one if it shows up again.

The Orange County Register: Don’t buy those $750 Oogie Boogie Bash tickets on eBay — Disneyland is watching

Per MousePlanet - “Disneyland resort teams have an established process for investigating resold tickets that may be voided where appropriate, according to Disneyland officials.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/07/...-bash-tickets-on-ebay-disneyland-is-watching/

So, this appears to really be happening.

I feel sorry for the people losing hundreds of dollars while the resellers get refunded, but also wonder if the resellers are placed on a list and/or trespassed.

IMG_1918.jpegIMG_1919.jpeg
IMG_1917.jpeg

I actually don't "feel sorry" for buyers, everyone knows you can't buy tickets on the resale market.
However, the sellers are the ones 100% in the wrong - I just think buyers should know better.

You left off the rest of my sentence - “while the resellers get refunded.”

Of course I don’t feel sorry for the ones who knew, but disagree that everyone knows. eBay is a fairly safe marketplace, so many have no idea these listings are illegitimate. Yes, I get they should Google, etc., but eBay is also partially responsible for not banning certain keywords at listing creation. At least they have a proper system in place to file INR claims, so the buyers should win and recoup their money.

What I find interesting is that the resellers are even getting refunded at all. In the past, I thought the OBB passes and APs were just revoked (no refund), similar to those who are trespassed.

Last edited:
You left off the rest of my sentence - “while the resellers get refunded.”

Of course I don’t feel sorry for the ones who knew, but disagree that everyone knows. eBay is a fairly safe marketplace, so many have no idea these listings are illegitimate. Yes, I get they should Google, etc., but eBay is also partially responsible for not banning certain keywords at listing creation. At least they have a proper system in place to file INR claims, so the buyers should win and recoup their money.

What I find interesting is that the resellers are even getting refunded at all. In the past, I thought the OBB passes and APs were just revoked (no refund), similar to those who are trespassed.
I agree that it stinks the resellers get refunded, I don’t know what else Disney can do though. I do think they should have to refund the buyers, if buyers are using eBay shouldn’t the sellers have to refund?

I agree that it stinks the resellers get refunded, I don’t know what else Disney can do though. I do think they should have to refund the buyers, if buyers are using eBay shouldn’t the sellers have to refund?

I thought once resellers broke the rules, their passes and APs (maybe even accounts) were revoked without refund.

Yes, eBay should refund the buyers. Other Marketplaces are on their own. Live and learn, unfortunately.

It's legally safer for Disney to simply refund them, especially if Disney's trying to be more proactive in chasing down scalpers. In most cases, it's hard to tell with 100% certainty that a ticket has been "scalped". If they're wrong - it's a lawsuit waiting to happen, and the refund would be cheaper than fighting it.

Side note for the thread - I don't entirely buy Fit-Bunch-546's story as it's written. They said this:
On top of that, ebay is claiming that the tickets aren't covered by their money back guarantee since it was an electronic ticket transfer and they can't verify the tickets aren't functional.
A sizeable percentage of the tickets that eBay sells are electronic tickets. There are plenty of stories of folks getting refunds via eBay in situations where electronically-transferred tickets were discovered to be invalid or cancelled. And if eBay is willingly cancelling OBB listings, they have to have some indication that those sales are problematic - otherwise, they wouldn't be willing to cancel them.

But, mainly, that buyer needs to follow eBay's policy - ask for a refund from the seller, then contact eBay, then contact the payment processor for a refund - their full story implies they didn't do that. (They just need to do more, period - assuming the story is real. Even another call to eBay would be better than quickly accepting the loss.)

It's legally safer for Disney to simply refund them, especially if Disney's trying to be more proactive in chasing down scalpers. In most cases, it's hard to tell with 100% certainty that a ticket has been "scalped". If they're wrong - it's a lawsuit waiting to happen, and the refund would be cheaper than fighting it.

Side note for the thread - I don't entirely buy Fit-Bunch-546's story as it's written. They said this:

A sizeable percentage of the tickets that eBay sells are electronic tickets. There are plenty of stories of folks getting refunds via eBay in situations where electronically-transferred tickets were discovered to be invalid or cancelled. And if eBay is willingly cancelling OBB listings, they have to have some indication that those sales are problematic - otherwise, they wouldn't be willing to cancel them.

But, mainly, that buyer needs to follow eBay's policy - ask for a refund from the seller, then contact eBay, then contact the payment processor for a refund - their full story implies they didn't do that. (They just need to do more, period - assuming the story is real. Even another call to eBay would be better than quickly accepting the loss.)

Here is Disneyland’s no refund policy:

1. Disney shall have the right to cancel any tickets or entitlements at any time and for any reason, and provide an applicable refund. Tickets are nonrefundable unless cancelled by Disney. If Disney cancels a ticket due to misconduct of the holder, no refund shall be due.

So, yes, if they are only marked as a possible scalper, then that is not solid proof of misconduct.

However, this now makes me wonder if Disney’s “established process” for weeding out the true scalpers is (deleted to avoid helping resellers) Very clever.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/eticket-terms-conditions/

Last edited:

It's probably in the terms and conditions, paypal specifically say they DO NOT cover ticket sales of any kind. I imagine eBay is the same.
Also how are eBay to know the seller got a refund from Disney? Or the buyer? They don't. The seller walks away with the buyers money and the refund from Disney.

It's probably in the terms and conditions, paypal specifically say they DO NOT cover ticket sales of any kind. I imagine eBay is the same.
Also how are eBay to know the seller got a refund from Disney? Or the buyer? They don't. The seller walks away with the buyers money and the refund from Disney.

From eBay's Event tickets policy for sellers:
I agree to promptly refund the purchase price for any ticket which has been deemed by the venue to be counterfeit or unacceptable for gaining entry to an event

From eBay's Money Back Guarantee as far as whether or not a listing is covered:
* Event Tickets

Covered

The latest date for the buyer to request a return is 30 calendar days after the estimated or actual delivery date or 7 calendar days after the event date, whichever is later.
* The item no longer has value

For example:
  • A perishable item that has expired
  • A ticket for a cancelled event
  • A live animal that has expired
Covered:
  • The buyer must request a return but may not be required to ship the item back to the seller

In all of those cases, eBay is clear that the buyer must deal with the seller first before filing a dispute. The user's own story said they hadn't completed communication with the seller before they talked to eBay. (That's partly why I doubt the veracity of that story - eBay should have told them to deal with the seller before telling them that they were out of luck.)

If that story is real, that user should follow eBay's actual dispute policy and try again - and appeal if they have to, which they have 30 days to do.

At this point, eBay is fully aware that OBB ticket sales are verboten. It shouldn't matter if the tickets were electronically-transferred - they shouldn't have been sold in the first place. And, per their own policy, the sold tickets are no longer valid. Hence, buyer should be refunded.

It actually doesn't matter to eBay if the seller got a refund from Disney. The situation would be the same if Disney cancelled the tickets and didn't offer a refund to the seller. The buyer's refund is unrelated to that.

Side note: PayPal's Seller Protection says it "can" cover ticket sales - it's unclear as to when it doesn't.

Some ticket sellers have complained that it doesn't cover sellers. There are a bunch of posts from sellers complaining that a buyer disputed a sale and PayPal reversed it without any recourse, despite proof of delivery.

All these stories of cancelled tickets seem sus.

I'm to believe that Disney and Ebay are sharing username and address info with each other to connect the dots of resales?

Seems illegal. And for what, ultimately? Let people steal thousands of dollars from others, selling tickets that they have taken back from them?

I just don't buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter