Opinions on "line cutting"?

Look, I am the first to fight for equal access here. I've gone on rants before about how giving certain perks to only deluxe hotels is toeing the line with class segregation. But G+ is cheap enough that everyone can afford it if they want to (unlike Universal's Express Pass), so choosing not to buy it for whatever reason is absolutely a choice. And neither buying it or not buying it makes ppl better than others. No one is morally superior for choosing to do stand-by lines. What a dumb thing to say.

Can we go back to debating what is or isn't "line cutting"? That was far more enjoyable than ranting about G+ where it was not wanted.
"But G+ is cheap enough that everyone can afford it if they want to."
That is absolutely not true.

"That was far more enjoyable than ranting about G+ where it was not wanted."
Yes, because the fact everyone is discussing it is a clear indication that nobody wants to discuss it.

"But G+ is cheap enough that everyone can afford it if they want to."
That is absolutely not true.

"That was far more enjoyable than ranting about G+ where it was not wanted."
Yes, because the fact everyone is discussing it is a clear indication that nobody wants to discuss it.
How is 30$ not affordable?? Sure guests might need to shift budgets, maybe QS instead of TS. Or not buying hoppers. Bringing their own breakfast, etc. but it's not an unreasonable amount of money like the 200$ universal charges.

And again, this thread is about "line cutting ". It's right there in the title. If folks wanna rant and discuss G+ there are like 5 dif active threads to do that. Or they can open a new one to pour all their feelings about it into. Derailing this one is not the way.

And that is the last I will talk about it because I don't wanna keep talking about an irrelevant subject on a "line cutting " thread.

How is 30$ not affordable?? Sure guests might need to shift budgets, maybe QS instead of TS. Or not buying hoppers. Bringing their own breakfast, etc. but it's not an unreasonable amount of money like the 200$ universal charges.

And again, this thread is about "line cutting ". It's right there in the title. If folks wanna rant and discuss G+ there are like 5 dif active threads to do that. Or they can open a new one to pour all their feelings about it into. Derailing this one is not the way.

And that is the last I will talk about it because I don't wanna keep talking about an irrelevant subject on a "line cutting " thread.

Agree with all of this.

I might go start a thread about this in the Controversial Topics thread. :)

The Genie threads are no fun because they’ll be 87 pages long filled with 100 posts each by the same individuals, just saying the same thing over and over on every page 😁 It’s like groundhog day over there.
Yes! Guilty as charged. If I sense a tiny dissatisfaction from someone over G+, I will repeat myself over and over. 😂

There was almost a huge fight over line cutting while I was at Guardians in January. Two men pushed through everyone to run ahead when we were leaving the preshow, then tried to get their party of 10 or 12 to cut 4 or 5 other parties to come join them in line. Two families flat out refused to let them through and told them that the 2 should go join the other group of 10. One of the girls had some trauma/PTSD and started yelling when one of them touched her. It was incredibly sad and extremely awkward because I was a solo party (1 female) right in the middle of this. Eventually the two men went back to join the other 10, but it almost became a physical fight. I heard another guest complaining to the cast members that they did absolutely nothing to help. After a few minutes of screaming, it was a VIP tour guide that led the poor girl out of the ride because she was too upset.

sorry if i missed this, but i've seen two great options that I loved - in WDW, I love set up in Dumbo. You get a buzzer, kids go play on the playground and when it's your turn, you all go up.
Also, in Legoland CA, many ride lines are built around a central space that has large lego tables where kids go and build lego structures while parents see them and wait in line. when it's closer, kids rejoin their parents. I really see no point in making little kids be miserable for no reason rather be a few steps away doing somethting interesting. They are still waiting for the ride.
Clearly not every line can accommodate that, but I would be fully supportive of some kind of communal space for kids to be doing something while parents stand in line. I would be supportive of that even if i never come with a kid to the park as you can't really explain to 3/4/5yo kid how to wait in line without being upset (and especially since you can't take strollers through lines).
For me, I have no issues when I see anyone with a kid under 12 rejoining a line - could have been bathroom, could have been just letting the kid walk around or something else. Let one parent hold the spot in line and have the other parent join with kid when it's time. Clearly would not be ok if it's bunch of adults joining. but there needs to be a bit of slack for young kids.

We were there March 9-11, and the line cutting is out of control. I am ok with justified line returning. Restroom break, etc. But that never happened once.

90% of the standby lines we waited in people cut in front of us. All but a couple of the Fantasyland rides with tiny lanes. Even one time 2 people did it, and 5 minutes later, the CM asked for a party of 2, and they raised their hand.

I kind of get it if there's line of sight, and it's a couple families, where someone was a few seconds behind their party entering the line. But if I'm waiting for 30 minutes in the Rise of the Resistance standby line, and people I've never seen are passing me ... after 30 minutes, passing hundreds of people and counting ... it's officially crazy.

I don't remember the line cutting problem happening much on LL lines, besides the mass of humanity and line cutting that happens after the Rocket Room / Tivan's personal office in Guardians of the Galaxy. So few people, when their party gets split up at that point, voluntarily let others pass and go back to the rest of their party. But that's not the main line cutting annoyance.

We never let it affect our happiness, but I thought about this thread multiple times, and told my kids that when they got older, to practice good karma and never cut in line.

Last edited:
When it's obviously a deliberate plan, it's rude and bad mannered. When it's survival because of needing to use the restroom or trying to manage young children, it's acceptable. The problem is that some people are just bad mannered and inconsiderate in this world so it all comes down to managing your response so it doesn't negatively affect your magic!

Fortunately it happens less than some people claim, but it definitely happens. It sucks, but nothing practical to really do about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter