Orlando Fun Tickets - Buyer Beware!

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

Not saying this place isn't legit, but pretty shady business practice. I just purchased tickets for Busch Gardens and I messed up (yup, my fault) and got tickets that expire in 1 month. I called to see if I could simply cancel them and get tickets that don't expire in 1 month. Very rude woman told me I could but would have to pay $30 fee. I could see if I just wanted a refund, but all I asked was to exchange my tickets. So, my fault for not being more careful, but just a heads up - If you ever use them please make sure you buy the exact tickets you need.

Last edited:
How much savings do you get for purchasing them through these broker's versus buying them at the gate?
I always end up getting nervous about the vendors but wonder if the savings is worth the risk.
Hope you get your tickets straightened out!

That's a completely standard practice. You made a mistake that caused extra work for them - why wouldn't they charge you?

If a customer ordered an incorrect item from me and simply wanted to replace it with the correct item (especially if we hadn't even shipped it yet), I can't fathom charging a restocking fee. Not the best way to earn business.

But as you said, it was my mistake.

Did you call the park? Maybe they can help.

Nah, just bit the $30 bullet and bought them someplace else. Not a huge deal. Just wanted people to know and be careful. There are so many ticket options for each park, it can get confusing.

We just got seaworld and Bush gardens for 99 you can add aquatica for 20. Seaworld website

And 49.99 /19.99 for all you can dine both days

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand. This isn't a tangible item that goes on a shelf, they're tickets with expiration dates. I'm not sure how they acquire or allocate their inventory, but it seems they could end up with tickets they can't use/sell when they have returns or exchanges. If those are their terms of service, you agreed to them, the mistake was yours, and they were willing to fix it (even if for a fee), it would seem to me they did exactly what they were supposed to.

I guess I don't understand. This isn't a tangible item that goes on a shelf, they're tickets with expiration dates. I'm not sure how they acquire or allocate their inventory, but it seems they could end up with tickets they can't use/sell when they have returns or exchanges. If those are their terms of service, you agreed to them, the mistake was yours, and they were willing to fix it (even if for a fee), it would seem to me they did exactly what they were supposed to.

All true, but it's not as if I bought them and turned around a week or two (or even a month) later and asked for a refund. It was 5 minutes after I purchased them. Unless the barcode had been scanned for entry (which it obviously hadn't) of course they could still sell them. Again, not denying it was my mistake. I always look at things as a seller. My job is working with customers who purchase consumable products. I do whatever I can to make customers happy so they'll come back to me again. No way would I throw away a $400 (and likely much more) sale over $30. But that's their right, just like it's mine to buy the tickets elsewhere, along with $2,000 worth of Disney tickets.

It didnt give them a reason to be rude.
I was going to order from them but it's only a week before our trip. Do you think I should just pay the extra 6$ each and buy stright from seaworld.

Many times I just buy tickets at the gate. For example when going to Universal in CA it made sense to buy the tickets at the gate even though I could have gotten them for less at Costco the day before. Reason being is we live very far from CA and if we bought the tickets and didn't make it to Universal we would be out a lot of $$$. When I bring my parents to Orlando we buy the tickets to the MK and EPCOT the morning we are going at the resort. This way I know for sure they are going. Yes, they don't get the benefit of book ahead fast passes, but since my parents are quite on in age they don't ride any of the headliners anyway. Just throwing out examples where it make sense to just pay the gate price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter