OT: jon and Kate + 8 new house?

Actually i hope the Octuplet mom gets a show one day when the babies are a bit older, that will knock John & kate right off of their pedestals, time for something new.

An unemployed single mom on food stamps that already has 6 children and implants 8 embryos does not deserve a tv show. She's already taking advantage of a system that is in place for people who really need it. Unfortunately, now those children are really going to need help, and I doubt their mother is going to be able to provide it.

An unemployed single mom on food stamps that already has 6 children and implants 8 embryos does not deserve a tv show. She's already taking advantage of a system that is in place for people who really need it. Unfortunately, now those children are really going to need help, and I doubt their mother is going to be able to provide it.

Maybe she doesn't deserve the help but the kids do. Not saying it should be a tv show though. I think that would be a disaster waiting to happen. I think the reason we have not heard about companies donating is because of the hard economic times many of them are finding themselves in. The freebies for Jon and Kate may be running out soon as well if the companies find they can not afford to do it. They might only be getting it now because of contractual obligations in return for advertising. Although I think the octomom must have received some sort of donations because a tv show showed footage of her dad carrying into the house alot of brown unmarked boxes one day. Who knows what were in the boxes though. Her former publicist did say that she received free diapers from a company but would not name the company.

You know I LOVED this show but I started to get skeptical...

Kids are adorable, beautiful but does anyone feel as though they are exploiting their children in order to buy that 1.3 million dollar home? Because let's face it, Jon made about the same as my fiance and we only have one child and we would NEVER be able to buy that. And all the free trips that they get...it's crazy.

I have read that they are filming more now and that Aunt Jodi was offered money to be a part of the show and Kate flipped, saying she can't make money off of her children, and that's why no one has seen aunt jodi since season 2.

I don't know, can't believe everything you hear but...I don't know I haven't been watching the show. Like the first poster said they are no longer like on the same socioeconomic status as me and the show seems unreal now.

I used to love this show. I could related to their stress (no that I have 8 kids). I could relate to the "discussions" between Jon and Kate. But last night was the last straw. I will not watch it any more. I do not need to see them getting an entire truck of appliances. What's next week a truck load of furniture? I can no longer relate to them. Don't get me wrong. I don't begrudge them their success. Good for them. I just don't want to watch the life of the rich and famous with kids.

Also, Kate really is out of hand lately. I don't know if it is the fame or the editing but ....I do not need to see Kate be cruel to Jon. I mean she used to look to the producers for the laugh. Now, she just slams him and looks disgusted. "how dare he contribute to the discussion of what obviously was a day only she could explain".....And he just looks away. I would advise the editors to show Kate with a little joy (and not about her new things) or they will be our of a job soon. Jon looks unhappy too. Is it the stress of the move, the stress of fame, or editing?? '

One more kind of petty complaint.... If Kate says one more time that her kids deserve that house and land ect I am going to be:sick: . How many people out there are working day and night with multiples or large families, don't they deserve that house?? Are her kids more deserving then others. I am sorry but no thank you. Too self indulgent for me.

Couldn't have said it better myself

I do agree that the show has changed, but what show hasn't? I can't believe some of the things I read on this thread. If someone was following you around all day, and filming your life, you're telling me you wouldn't take a free washer and dryer for all the laundry you do everyday? Or that if you had the chance to move to a big house you wouldn't? Yes, they chose to have the cameras there. But anyone that thought they wouldn't get free offers or trips or special treatment are kidding themselves. Can you imagine being on tv and being well known in the middle of Disney and thinking your vacation would be normal without having a tour guide or helpers? Listing all the things that they get week after week isn't going to change the fact that they do.

I do agree that the show has changed, but what show hasn't? I can't believe some of the things I read on this thread. If someone was following you around all day, and filming your life, you're telling me you wouldn't take a free washer and dryer for all the laundry you do everyday? Or that if you had the chance to move to a big house you wouldn't? Yes, they chose to have the cameras there. But anyone that thought they wouldn't get free offers or trips or special treatment are kidding themselves. Can you imagine being on tv and being well known in the middle of Disney and thinking your vacation would be normal without having a tour guide or helpers? Listing all the things that they get week after week isn't going to change the fact that they do.

I don't think it is wrong to take the perks. Honestly, I would too. I don't even think it is wrong for buisnesses to advertise with them. If they make more money because they were seen on J and K good for them! That is how it all works.

I just don't think it is good tv anymore. I think the point of this thread is the direction of the show. They are getting away from what made them popular. They were a fun, regular family trying to raise 8 eight kids. They are not regular or fun anymore. I care about that because I did like the show. It makes me sad to think that the money and fame from the show has changed them. For some reason they are now sullen and entitled?

For lack of a better word Kate is a witch! I would never treat my husband the way she does hers and if for some breif moment of insanity I did my dh would be running out the door. 8 kids or 2 kids, there is no reason for her to be so mean.
Ive heard more than a few times Kate was a character, she wont take "hand me downs" or clothes that were not name brand. Hmmm wonder what she would do if TLC dropped their bee-hinds and the funds stopped? Lord forbid her kids have to wear something from Walmart or Target:scared1:

On the other hand it could be worse, like the octo-mom who was bankrupt with 6 kids and decided to have 8 more we could be watching her on TLC next:sad2:

You know I LOVED this show but I started to get skeptical...

Kids are adorable, beautiful but does anyone feel as though they are exploiting their children in order to buy that 1.3 million dollar home? Because let's face it, Jon made about the same as my fiance and we only have one child and we would NEVER be able to buy that. And all the free trips that they get...it's crazy.

I have read that they are filming more now and that Aunt Jodi was offered money to be a part of the show and Kate flipped, saying she can't make money off of her children, and that's why no one has seen aunt jodi since season 2.

I don't know, can't believe everything you hear but...I don't know I haven't been watching the show. Like the first poster said they are no longer like on the same socioeconomic status as me and the show seems unreal now.

That's exactly why I stopped watching. That and it was boring! But I just could no longer be a part of the exploitation of these kids. I felt guilty watching as though I was contibuting to the problem.

This last episode also left me feeling very cold. I got discusted when they pulled up with the new washing machines and of course Kate has to do the advertising for the free items for the (Duet or whatever it was). Oh an she mentioned about a new frig (surprise surprise she b_tched up a storm over the dirty one a few weeks back. I am getting more & more annoyed at looking at all of their freebies on every show.

That's all it is anymore. Every episode is a free infomercial for some company.

I loved it in the beginning -- now, eh.....:confused3

if you have time to read more opinions: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2755648

I watched the new puppy episode and all I could think about was how much Kate's style/look has changed. She wore a dress wool jacket and high heels to the barn to pick up the puppies. During the interview, she looked so tan and polished. Big difference from the earlier shows where she would wear t-shirts, comfy clothes, etc. She looks great, don't get me wrong, but I felt like I could relate to her better when she didn't seem so "styled".

Anyone else think those poor puppies would be better off back at the farm. I thought I hear her threaten to send them back, but I was in the other room...did she? Also, did she really think that they wouldn't have accidents in the house the minute they put them down...isn't that a law of nature of something?

The only night of the week that I watched TV was on Monday nights so I could watch J&K. After they started changing I started missing more and more episodes and when they bought the new house I just completely stopped.
Im like most of you here. In the beginning they were like average people and now its like watching celebrities, which I guess they are but you get my meaning.
Oh I gotta tell this, I used to wander how on earth they could afford to go on these trips (think Utah trip) with all those kids because after I watched that episode I thought how cool it would be to go there. So I looked it up and seen the price and I didnt know what to think. All this time I was thinkng that they were paying for everything themselves and then I started realizing that there was no way in hades. Then I started hearing about the freebies they were getting. So thats how they do it.
Jealous, no, but disinterested, yes.
Sad, because it was the only show I watched and now I dont watch anything............Well on occassion, if I can think about it I will watch the Duggars.

So many rumors online regarding J&K. Are they split. Jon is living with his mom? Kate is at home w/ kids. Does Jon's mom even live in the area?

It has always been strange in my mind. No family around (other than brother & SIL Beth). Grandparents, aunt uncles. I rely on our family members, we spend time together, enjoy company, kids have strong bond.

I know Kate did not want Beth to get paid for being on the show. Just a mess. I feel bad for kids.

I hadn't heard any of those rumors (that they split), but it wouldn't really surprise me. During their interviews they just seem different with eachother. Kate was always a pain, but she had her loving moments with Jon. I haven't seen that in awhile. I also agree that they should not have gotten a dog. When I saw that commercial I thought "What!????" Kate will be out of her mind with all the hair...accidents on the NEW RUG!!!...chewing up everything...I don't know what she was thinking! And to the pp who asked if she said they were going back - Yes, she was flipping out that they were messing all over the basement and telling the kids to go get Jon. Of course, I hope she was kidding, because how terrible to introduce the new puppies to the family and then jerk them away because they're too messy/too much work. What did you expect?:confused3

well I do still enjoy the show, for watching the kids, not the parents. They are growing up so quickly.

I feel so sad for Maddy, as she is the one I think has some serious problems. During the dog show, did I hear her say that she wanted to pick a dog that would love only her? if I heard that right, isn't that a cry out for help? wow

I too was surprised that Mrs Clean would even want one dog, never mind two. With that many kids though, I think 2 dogs makes more sense, for the dogs' sakes.;)

Personally I am happy for them for anything they get- who of us would not want to make life easier for our kids and who of us would turn down free products? (I admit I am always on the Freebie thread in the Budget boards)

Yup I also wonder about the family connections and what went on there, but none of can ever understand another families dynamics. I am happy they have shared their children with us, and I hope they remain together and happy.

I posted at the beginning of this thread and was totally supportive of J&K+8 but after watching the last few weeks, I'm just sad. This week's puppy episode pushed me over the proverbial edge.

I agree with all the comments about Kate's "new look". And I'm very sad about Mady. I thought she was just a spoiled brat but it is clearly so much more than that. She needs help this poor child.

Its clear that this puppy idea was pitched by someone at TLC or some sponsor. This is not a pet friendly family. And the whole "this is your Christmas present and there's nothing else under that tree". Wow - how heartwarming. There are so many ways this could have been presented to the kids. And then Kate goes on to say and your father and I are picking them and we have already chosen names. Are you kidding? Who gets their kids pets and doesn't let them name them or be involved in the naming at the very least. I get that there are 8 kids but then pull the chosen names out of a hat. Then when they get to the farm, Kate who looks like she's ready for a shopping spree down 5th Avenue not a trip to a farm runs ahead of her children so she gets to see them first. REALLY? REALLY? This is supposed to be about your children. Isn't our job as parents to let our children experience things not shove them out of the way so we can get their first. Unbelievable.

Its' very very sad. Kate has always had her personality "difficulties" but I was happy that all these good things were happening to them. However it appears that the cost to the family is too great. My guess is this is all going to go terribly wrong in coming months/years.

It is a TV show and is edited. You shouln't believe that everything you see is their whole life!!

And as for Mady and her comment about wanting a dog to only love her. For goodness sake she is in a family of 7 other kids!!! Some people love being in a big family, some don't. You don't get to pick those choices. I have a dd who is a lot like Maddy and she only has one other sister who is 5 years younger than her.

People (in general) need to get off their high horse and stop blaming others parenting skills on how their kids behaive. I know people who are AMAZING parents yet have a devil child, and some of the worst parents in the world whos kids turned out to be amazing adults. Kids are absolutely born with thier own personality. I think you can clearly see that in a family of 8 kids, that each has their own distinct personality. And Maddy is the only one of 8 that behaives that way.

As for all the free things they get. Good for them. I wish I was as lucky!!

And Kate's new look is great!! Maybe she always wanted to dress like that and couldn't afford it before. Or maybe now that the kids are getting older and not wiping things on her all the time she can finally get back to dressing how she use to before kids. Or maybe she has just decided to change her look.

I am a SAHM and I try to dress like Kate's new look most days. SAHM does not need to equate to fat, lazy, SAHM who lives in sweats. If that is how you chose to dress, that if fine too.

Our world is becoming the horrible place it is because we are so quick to blame and look at the bad things instead of trying to help others.

And the reality is, if you don't like the show, DON'T watch it!!! And do you not have anything better to do than bash people you don't even know. Or is that why you do it, because it is "safe".

I will get off my soapbox now.

And the reality is, if you don't like the show, DON'T watch it!!! And do you not have anything better to do than bash people you don't even know. Or is that why you do it, because it is "safe".

And the reality is, if you don't like the topic of this discussion, don't read it! And do you not have anything better to do than bash people you don't even know? Or is that why you do it, because it is "safe"?

Interesting.

And to the pp who asked if she said they were going back - Yes, she was flipping out that they were messing all over the basement and telling the kids to go get Jon. Of course, I hope she was kidding, because how terrible to introduce the new puppies to the family and then jerk them away because they're too messy/too much work. What did you expect?:confused3

Thanks for clarifying for me. Heard the words, but didn't know if that was really the context (even if it was the edited context).

I really liked your response. I love Jon and Kate plus their adorable children. Who would find fault with their success? They seem like great parents, real and down-to-earth. Good for them! I've learned to rejoice with others in their success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter