OT: jon and Kate + 8 new house?

I really liked your response. I love Jon and Kate plus their adorable children. Who would find fault with their success? They seem like great parents, real and down-to-earth. Good for them! I've learned to rejoice with others in their success.

:rotfl: Are you for real?? Their success - don't you mean their kids' success?!? And real and down to earth - are you kidding me?! Getting all kinds of freebies, a 2.3 million dollar house that they never would have gotten had they not pimped their innocent children all over the place, and stepped over everyone that had ever helped these dreaded people, all expenses paid 5-star vacations and you call them down to earth? Yeah, good for them! Jon and Kate are nothing but a couple of free loading, child exploiters, no job holding losers. :thumbsup2

I just think that it is funny that when you have a child you usually have family or friends or some network of people around you that want to help you in some way. She had her Brother and SIL....that chick Beth and where'd they go? Oooo thats right, money was offered to them for being on the show and Kate would not have it.

But like where's her family? I know Jon's father passed...I think it is weird...where is everyone?!? Being that you have 8 wouldn't you want to be close to family for some help?

Something just is not right....

There were so many things wrong with that puppy episode I don't even know where to begin.

I have been watching this show since the beginning. I have tried to remain "just a watcher", stay neutral, and not try to judge this family at all.

This last episode, though. Man, it made me so angry, sad, etc.

First of all, it is SO absolutely wrong to give kids a pet as a present. So wrong. Pets given as presents more often than not end up abandoned or in shelters...

Second, WHO in their right mind buys, not one, but TWO puppies without doing a SHRED of research about what is required before bringing them home??? You cannot expect to bring home a puppy and let it roam in your house and NOT have it pee all over your floor. The fact that Kate got SO upset about this made me just about flip out. And she was yelling at the poor kids and Jon, and freaking out about it, and probably stressing out the puppies as well...and if she had done her homework BEFORE bringing home the puppies, she would have known to crate the right away and NOT let them wander around like that.

It seems like the puppies were her idea, mostly. And then, all she did was complain about them the whole time. But the way she hogged them at the farm was nauseating...she is SO immature...

I was also pretty disgusted that they chose German Shepherds without FIRST seeing how ALL their kids reacted to the full grown versions of them. Seeing Aaden SO scared of the adult dogs was so sad. He was even saying he was scared of the dogs, and running away from them. That poor kid is going to have TWO of those living in his house??? That's just wrong. If you have 8 kids, and you want to get them a dog, you expose them to different types of dogs until you find a breed that the WHOLE FAMILY can agree on, and accept, and NOT BE AFRAID OF. Fear is a bad emotion to have around dogs, especially big dogs like Germans. I have the feeling these dogs will not receive proper training, and they can be very dangerous around kids who are not taught how to respect them, or who show fear.

And the clincher...when the kids said a chorus of "Thank you for the puppies mommy" and Kate responded "You're NOT welcome..."

:scared1:

What a witch...:sad2:

There were so many things wrong with that puppy episode I don't even know where to begin.

I have been watching this show since the beginning. I have tried to remain "just a watcher", stay neutral, and not try to judge this family at all.

This last episode, though. Man, it made me so angry, sad, etc.

First of all, it is SO absolutely wrong to give kids a pet as a present. So wrong. Pets given as presents more often than not end up abandoned or in shelters...

Second, WHO in their right mind buys, not one, but TWO puppies without doing a SHRED of research about what is required before bringing them home??? You cannot expect to bring home a puppy and let it roam in your house and NOT have it pee all over your floor. The fact that Kate got SO upset about this made me just about flip out. And she was yelling at the poor kids and Jon, and freaking out about it, and probably stressing out the puppies as well...and if she had done her homework BEFORE bringing home the puppies, she would have known to crate the right away and NOT let them wander around like that.

It seems like the puppies were her idea, mostly. And then, all she did was complain about them the whole time. But the way she hogged them at the farm was nauseating...she is SO immature...

I was also pretty disgusted that they chose German Shepherds without FIRST seeing how ALL their kids reacted to the full grown versions of them. Seeing Aaden SO scared of the adult dogs was so sad. He was even saying he was scared of the dogs, and running away from them. That poor kid is going to have TWO of those living in his house??? That's just wrong. If you have 8 kids, and you want to get them a dog, you expose them to different types of dogs until you find a breed that the WHOLE FAMILY can agree on, and accept, and NOT BE AFRAID OF. Fear is a bad emotion to have around dogs, especially big dogs like Germans. I have the feeling these dogs will not receive proper training, and they can be very dangerous around kids who are not taught how to respect them, or who show fear.

And the clincher...when the kids said a chorus of "Thank you for the puppies mommy" and Kate responded "You're NOT welcome..."

:scared1:

What a witch...:sad2:

::yes:: Not only is she using her own children for financial gain, but now she is getting poor helpless animals involved in their wretched life. I'm telling you, that house is like a little house of horrors with those kids running around unsupervised with cameramen following them, and now they add german shepards to the mix...nice! I don't know who to feel more sorry for - the kids, the dogs, or her idiot husband John!

That poor kid is going to have TWO of those living in his house???

I have read rumors that they no longer have the dogs.. My first thought was they would make those puppies outside dogs because Kate will never put up with the puppies in the house.

Sorry for the hijack, but I have a rant and didn't want to start a new thread...I'll try to get it to coorelate though.
OK, have you seen these NutriSystem commercials with Marie Osmond? The one where she talks about the cost of the food and her saving the money cause she's a single mom & has 8 (?) kids to put through college.
Ok here's the tie to J&K+8...how is it we are supposed to believe that SHE with her fame has to worry about putting her children through college?
Can they please just use typical people trying to make it as actors when saying a line like that...it would be a lot more believeable IMO.
Stupid random rant over now :)

I LOVE Jon and Kate...I have read the book and would gladly go hear her talk at a local church...with that said...

YES, part of the joy of watching for me was watching them be a 'normal' middle class family. Now that it's gone- it's not as fun to watch. I am not going to bash them for their choices- if I was in their shoes I might do the same and honestly- they seem well meaning to me and are raising reasonably well adjusted kids so far.

I know many HATE kate...personally- I see myself in her a lot...the organizing the telling her hubby what to do, the planning things so much...it's just how I am.

I will continue to watch the show but part of the joy is now gone as they now don't have to deal with the real realities of life anymore. They have a huge house, can afford expensive pets, can afford maids, the best of appliances, the best trips- you name it. Good for them! but much of the appeal for me was about them being 'average'... and working 'paycheck to paycheck' like most of america. It's hard to relate to them now.

I've been lurking on this thread for awhile and I feel I have to offer some support for J+K+8. I'm a fan of the show and the family and, while I agree with many others who state that they are not the same family that they were when they started out, I certainly don't hold it against them. Think about the journey they've taken . . . they struggle to get pregnant, have twins, decide to try for another and end up with six more! They document on a website their experience for familiy and friends, are "discovered" by TLC and offered a documentary about their experience. The documentary is so successful that they are offered a television show! Now, I'm not sure exactly how I'd feel initially about an offer to film my family for tv but, given their circumstances, I'm sure I'd find the financial benefits more than tempting!! And I can TOTALLY relate to Kate's claim that this was an opportunity to document moments that would otherwise be lost in the chaos of caring for sextuplets . . . I only have twins and can certainly empathize with the fog that you are living in as you care for multiples! And I can understand the negative reactions to Kate but, at the same time, I think she is one of the most misunderstood people on tv. I beleive (for what it's worth) that much of what she says and does is with tongue in cheek and that a lot of her sarcasm is lost on the audience . . . understandably partly due to her OCD tendencies (which I think she'd be among the first to admit are her downfall.)

And as for the controversy with Aunt Jodi and Kate's argument against her being compensated for being on the show, I feel that perhaps Kate was simply trying to avoid setting a precedent and opening a can of worms that would be a mess to deal with . . . so you pay Aunt Jodi for being on the show then Aunt So-And-So wonders why she's not in on the action and Uncle So-And-So suddenly offers to help and so on and so on. While I empathize with Jodi's feelings, I think I might understand where Kate was coming from on that one!

Anyway, I think that the show presents SOOO much topic for discussion and I finally felt compelled to offer my support of the Gosseling 10. Give it a few more months and we'll probably forget all about them as we start debating the reality of the crazy OctoMom and her brood of 14!!! ;)

Obviously I'm the only one, but I don't watch the show, never will!! My dh and I are happily married, with 3 dd's(thinking of adding #4) with little time to watch "grown up tv". So, when the tv belongs to us, the last thing we care to see, is a show about a family with 6 kids. Really, whats the big deal?? I watch my girlfriend with her 5, all born within 12 to 18 months of each other and am amazed at the balancing act she performs everyday, with no help.(Yes, her dh pitches in at night, but during the day, she's alone)Her family does not receive the help Jon and Kate have been given from day one. Financially, or mentally. Maybe I feel this way, because big families are a norm around our small town, and juggling a bunch of kids is so common. My dh is the youngest of "10", yes ten, now his family would make a great show, talk about entertaining.

I am also a lurker on here, but I was struck to read what the previous poster said about whatever is going on with J+K's family and friends. I made the same argument to my husband when we discussed it. While it does seem unfair for the family to say "no one else gets paid" I also see where they are coming from. Whether someone agrees or not, this is the way they have chosen to support their family - and lots of people (fans and otherwise) tune in every week, so it's working. When other people start getting paid - where do you draw the line? How many people then get to profit off of their family? JMHO

I too am saddened by the change in the mood of the show, and I have no problems with Jon or Kate, to each his own and all that, but when the kids thanked her for the puppies and she said "you're not welcome," it just seemed that maybe this was the beginning of the end, and maybe for their family, that won't be such a bad thing. I can't imagine saying that to my own daughter.

Kate really told her kids "you're not welcome?" Was she having one of her "fits" for the dogs peeing in the house. I missed that part...well, I didn't "miss" it, but I didn't see it.

When I hear Kate say something like "You're not welcome", I try to think that she must have her nerves stretched to the limit every day - I can get testy with DH and my kids some days - and I only have two children making me crazy! But I think the point of this whole thread is dead-on. They have changed, the show has changed...I started watching the show when I had my second child and it really helped me. I thought "if she's making it with 8, I can certaintly do it with 2". Now, I am still watching, but I think my days are numbered. I did read her book and I loved the whole tone of it - Kate was thankful to God for what she was given, loving and supportive to her husband, appreciative to her family (yes, they were involved in helping her through the birth and days home with the sextuplets) a very different Kate from the one we often see on the show, which makes me wonder if the show is carefully edited to make Kate into a character that the audience loves to hate. I just wish we could go back to the old days - but I suppose there's no going back now!

i can't believe this thread is still going strong. i have to say, i am a fan of the show. no, kate is not always the nicest wife or mom but honestly? neither am i! i have my moments that i'd prefer to take back but sometimes we all say things we later regret or are taken way out of context. let's also keep in mind that the show is edited which means that we are only seeing the parts that tlc thinks will get the attention of the audience. it doesn't necessarily mean that is the way it was intended, fully stated, etc.

let's also keep in mind that unless you've been in their shoes, you can't really know what it's like to be raising twins and sextuplets - especially such young ones. i imagine that in their shoes i'd likely take advantage of all of the opportunities given to them to give my children a greater life experience. it would beat the alternative to worrying about where i will find the money for food, clothes, mortgage payments, etc.

i can't believe this thread is still going strong. i have to say, i am a fan of the show. no, kate is not always the nicest wife or mom but honestly? neither am i! i have my moments that i'd prefer to take back but sometimes we all say things we later regret or are taken way out of context. let's also keep in mind that the show is edited which means that we are only seeing the parts that tlc thinks will get the attention of the audience. it doesn't necessarily mean that is the way it was intended, fully stated, etc.

let's also keep in mind that unless you've been in their shoes, you can't really know what it's like to be raising twins and sextuplets - especially such young ones. i imagine that in their shoes i'd likely take advantage of all of the opportunities given to them to give my children a greater life experience. it would beat the alternative to worrying about where i will find the money for food, clothes, mortgage payments, etc.

Multiples or not, some of what is said to those children in tone is just not nice or (IMO) acceptable. Yes, she is a mother of many children, and wife a a man who seems to have a lackluster working career, so she will more than likele say things she wishes she could take back...what parents don't (right, Michelle and Jim Bob). They have stated that they are happy that the show is capturing moments that they may miss due to, well, life...but can ou imagine as a teenage or adult watching these episodes and seeing how your mom is portrayed treating you and your siblings???:scared1: Even if it is not the "real Kate" this is what they will see unless the go through the hours and hours of footage to see what really happened. Yes, this is THEIR decision...some of us wouldn't be on TV no matter the amount of $$, while others see no problem with cameras on them (nearly)24/7 or would do it for the $$. And it is the viewers decisions to remain loyal to the show, decrease viewing, or not view at all (same goes with this post).

Personally I do not go out of my way to view, if nothing else is on I may have it to TLC, but even then I rarely sit through a whole episode (everyone wanted to know that, right :lmao: ). But regardless I have learned something from the show...or Kate...to check myself when I speak to my children and DH. I may not see how I am acting or reacting, but others do. If I am talking loudly...why?...if it is excitement is my body language showing excited?...if it is upset, is my body language relaying upset. I say this because sometimes Kate says things that seem like they would be no big deal or even fun and her tone/body language is just blah or downright Ped-off. Communicating is so much more than what is said!

And shame on TLC if they are purposely editing her to look like a witch, Jon as spineless, and some of the children as brats. Yes, they probably have creative rights and have faithful followers that keep the show going, but you'd think someone (especially Kate) would think do we want to show a unhappy family dealing with everyday stresses of life or a family that has more than less happy moments wile dealing with everyday life (and if they have less happy moments, that is really sad). But honestly (IMO) J&K+8 is one of the lesser evils when it comes to TV programming...just if the children are watching we talk about what was nice and not nice when things get a little over the top in attitude.

Oh, and another reason that this thread has continued...posters like me who are bored out of their minds on days like today. :rotfl2:

I have been continuing to post on here as well, It seems there is something to say every new episode. About the last one with the puppies --this one also bothered me.

I didnt like the fact that Kate had already named the two puppies ahead of time (Mady & a few of the other kids got really upset - why did she have to take that away from them) - it just seemed very weird to me but then again that is the way she is everything well thought out ahead of time (why couldnt the kids get involved in this???) Did she think the names Nala & (whatever the other name was)was supposed to impress the viewers for some reason

. And the German Shepherd dogs? Are they possibly the most child friendly dog that took me by surprise?? i know there are other breeds out there (maybe some smaller ones that dont grow to be monsters) which are great with kids and dont shed (if that is what was so worried about she could have gotten a nonshedding breed)

Also this was going to be their only present??? Why couldnt it be presented another way????

Im not a huge JK&* fan..I watch it on occasion but I really wanted to give my thoughts...

I have no problems with all the freebies. I have a problem with the show becoming a commercial.

And someone mentioned Octo-Mom being "nuts" or was it "crazy"? Anyways IMO nuts/crazy is a lot more entertaining to watch vs Kate's growing witchiness.

Did anyone notice a distinct difference in Kate's attitude last night? The show was about cleaning out their old house.

I was laughing to myself thinking maybe someone from TLC or even Kate herself read the DIS boards and thought it would be time for an attitude adjustment.

I noticed the change,too. She didn't seem so bad last night. I didn't think she was so bad on the following episode, either (the one where the sextuplets start pre-K). Again, I know Kate is no saint, but I have to wonder if TLC has carefully edited themselves a character that the audience will love to hate.

Oh! The dogs are still there- and they are SO BIG!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter