OT: jon and Kate + 8 new house?

I just want to know when Kate got so trendy? The old Kate would never have worn high heels to pick out some dogs - kwim? She is becoming too commercialized for the show - tanning etc... big earrings, her hair is always done now.

I think she is a control freak and since Jon doesn't really show himself - she does it for him by making him look like an idiot. I watched only bits and pieces of it last night and I was groaning the whole time she talked. I think for me ,Kate has lost some of her charm as the show goes on. What more could they get and do to keep it interesting? Not much, really.

I like the old episodes not the new ones so much.

Oh well I am sure there are a ton of people out there who do. It will be interesting to see those kids when they are teenagers and adults.

I hadn't watched for awhile, but DD had the puppies on and then the moving one and I noticed its no longer Jon and Kate + 8, its become Kate and everyone else. The kids were the stars and now its become how does Kate react to everything.

Please keep in mind..as long as YOU continue to watch it..THEY will get paid!!! I boycotted the show a long time ago and refuse to watch it..give them my ratings. If people stop watching, there will be no more show!!! I really can't imagine how much longer it can go on...especially when all the kids are in school full time and get older and loose their "cuteness".

I don't know if this was posted ( I didn't read the whole thread). Ok, I'm not a big fan of theirs and as for the house, yes they needed a bigger house but not a million dollar house (that's what I heard right?) After all as someone else posted, they still have to pay to raise all 8 kids and for them to go to college. So instead of spending the kids years paying for an expensive house why not stash away some college money?

I for one think the move to the new house was a wise one. I would love for my children to grow up in a larger home with some land. The hosue is not a mansion. It only has 5 bedrooms and all 3 boys still share a room. I feel that it is a lovely place for them to grow up and the longer drive keeps people from driving by their house and annoyign the neighbors (which was a problem in the old home).

I continue to watch because I do not want the show to go away. I like reality tv no matter what reality it shows. I am not one that thinks that the show is horrible for the children. If fact in some ways doing the show might have helped the family address certain issues (like Kate's OCD) that might not have gotten addressed without the public view.

Also, with the amount of money they are bringing in now I am sure they have money stashed away for college. Jon and Kate seem to be very wise with their money (not living on debt) and not buying "stuff" like crazy.

THis week's show was nice. I really enjoyed it. Kate was still Kate but she was more relaxed and even playful in a stressful situation like cleaning out a house for moving. It encouraged me that the move was a good idea for her health. SOme people (liek me) have "space" issues and do not respond well to being crowded. I know that when we doubled our square footage my stress level dropped tremendously! And I only had 1 child at the time! I can not imagine living in that old house with 10 people! I would have gone MAD! Space does effect people's mental health if they have issues with being crowded.

Just my take on things! I for one can't wait to see the 6 go off to school!

I'm always kind of humored when I see people get up in arms about a million dollar house. Between the compensation for the show, book deals, speaking engagements and endorsements, I'm not thinking $1,000,000 jeopardizes Jon and Kate's ability to provide for their children now and when it's time for college.

I'll be the first to admit that Kate drives me nuts, but truth be told I may be a lot more like her if I had 8 children, 6 of who were the same age. They've really put themselves out there by doing the show and it's certainly their perrogative to captialize on the world's fascination with them. It would tempt anyone!

I'm glad they got a bigger house. I can't imagine who squished they were in their old one. Besides, I'm sure they are thoroughly enjoying the private setting their new house affords. I remember reading about how there were traffic jams on their little residential street at the old house because people were constantly riding by to catch a glimpse of the family. I know they asked for it by doing the show, but that would make me insane. Acreage comes with a hefty price tag. I'm happy for them they could afford it. In fact, I'm jealous of the house. It's gorgeous!

Thought I read somewhere that college was already taken care of...one of the colleges guaranteed tuition when they were born...could be wrong about that.

I do agree with space. I like my space. My house is over 2000 sq ft with just DH, me, DS5 and DD3 which is plenty of room for everyone to have their own space, but then add in all the extra lighting/equipment and people from TLC I would get razzeled too...and it sin't like Kate can go into another room cause they follow her (granted SHE & Jon have agreed to all this and put themselves in the position). Don't think the move would have been such an "issue" if it was protrayed in a better light by TLC (ei, not focusing on cleaning out the fridge or wondering which bathroom the child was in).
The economy could have also played a role. For many that are loosing or on the verge of loosing their homes, or managing to live comfortably even, I could see how it would be hard to see this family who may not be THAT different from them moving into a house with a big price tag AND then receiving the perks on top of it.
I try to look at the positives of the show with regards to the economy (don't know if it is the case though)...more than just Jon & Kate and the kids are benefitting. The owners sold the house, the real estate agent made a commission (as will the one they use to sell the old house), and there are those out there will buy the products shown on their show. I may be WAY off, but hoping there is a silverlining to this show...cause it isn't Kate's disposition.

Did anyone notice a distinct difference in Kate's attitude last night? The show was about cleaning out their old house.

I was laughing to myself thinking maybe someone from TLC or even Kate herself read the DIS boards and thought it would be time for an attitude adjustment.

I thought the same thing! Then I thought maybe it was being in the old house!

Ok, against my better judgement ( but it is on my DVR) I just watched the Goodbye Old House episode from Monday night and did anyone else think that Jon looked like he might have been beat up? His face looked red and puffy under his right eye and there seemed to be a red spot on his forehead! Just an observation:)

Maybe he got into a fight at one of the bars or coed parties it is rumored that he has been going to. There are pics up on the internet of his partying and the insider did a story on it as well. There are also rumors going around online that him and Kate are seperated and he is living with his mom. Maybe that is why she has not been looking too happy lately.

I tend to avoid seasonal shows based solely on the continued exploitation of families and young children. I don't think in the long run that it's healthy for the children - and what say have they had in it? I do understand it's the parents right to exploit them for money, but it's my right not to support it by turning the TV off or changing the channel.

That being said - what's going to happen to the million dollar house and associated taxes, upkeep, utilities, etc when people lose interest and the show is canceled? As I understand the man of the house has little to speak for by way of a career, and from the posts here - doesn't seem that Kate is making many friends. So then what? :confused3

Maybe he got into a fight at one of the bars or coed parties it is rumored that he has been going to. There are pics up on the internet of his partying and the insider did a story on it as well. There are also rumors going around online that him and Kate are seperated and he is living with his mom. Maybe that is why she has not been looking too happy lately.

Oh.... Great, that could explain it! Or maybe Kate got to him... He he! Fame and money really helped their family didn't it?! What a shame. I feel bad for the kids even more now:(

They do seem distant with each other in the last few episodes I skimmed through. It's like a train wreck that you can't look away from sometimes. I have to delete it from my DVR list! That puppy episode was insane. The kids didn't even get to pick out or name their own dogs. Now that is a control freak in action!

the state of penn. set up college funds for the kids not long after they were born. so they've always had some college $$.

also, if kon did seperate, the whole hawaii episode makes sense. it seemed like they were trying to hard to prove something.

I thought a lot was put on the whole renewing vows episodes too (didn't watch every peice of each)...but then I figured just another way to incorporate those free vacations. Personally, DH and I committed ourselves the first time (and I would like to change a few things of that ceremony) and that is the one that sticks. So unless they had a reason (besides ratings)...why??? Oh right, so Kate could get her way or what she wanted. Truly I hope it wasn't all for show and that really did mean it...if only for the kids' sake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter