"OUR BIG, FAT DISNEYLAND ROADTRIP" The End 4/20 pg. 44 Better Than Cats...

Woohoo, I'm all caught up!

Love your video goodbye idea! Very cute! Looking forward to the rest of your report!

I know, she does look bigger to me too.
I LOVE seeing my kids' faces. To me THAT is "Disney Magic"!
But my sister, wont bring her babies either. :confused3 I tried to tell her about the super cool Baby Care Center and the Ride Share Passes...but "no way". Eh, to each his own!

We took DS at 6 1/2 weeks. I figured life with a baby was chaos anyways, so it might as well be the happy chaos of DL.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PULL THE BAMBOO!
I always thought it was "up and Adam" either way, what does it mean?

I think it's "up and at 'em". Does that make sense?

Love the trippie. You are always so entertaining, UM.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PULL THE BAMBOO! I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what happens! What is this ride like? Sounds cool.

The POC does look like it is cleaner, crisper maybe...What do you think makes it better?

I always thought it was "up and Adam" either way, what does it mean?

Love the installment and all the pics!

We took DS at 6 1/2 weeks. I figured life with a baby was chaos anyways, so it might as well be the happy chaos of DL.

I think it's "up and at 'em". Does that make sense?

Love the trippie. You are always so entertaining, UM.

I think UM was just trying to be funny with her spellin'. Right, UM (;) , ;) , nudge, nudge)! That wasn't a typo at all. :sad2: After all, I am her resident grammar police. ::cop:

Anyway, Stacey, it means to get up and go in the morning! Hope that helps. L/Y :love:

Oh, and I think you were referring to Danielle's picture from the Tiki room potty. Am I right, Danielle?

We were on a mission to go do the Indiana Jones ride first. Oh man this is a great ride! It’s rough like Dinosaur in AK but WAY better. The exterior and interior themeing is just awesome! Of course I pulled the bamboo with the sign that says “Do NOT pull bamboo”. I couldn’t possibly walk by that!

Indiana Jones is my favorite ride, too! :love: It's really fun to pull the bamboo and see people cringe all around you! :rotfl:

Ok, WDW/MK folks, Listen Up….The Pirates of the Caribbean is MUCH, much, much better in DL. Oh, yes. It is! That musty POC smell is even better. You board your boat and right there is a dark Bayou restaurant full of Cajun ambiance. There seems to be a better story line too. Maybe it’s just me?

We love, love, love the new POC!!! We love to eat at Blue Bayou and enjoy the "reverse story line." Thanks for giving DL a big :thumbsup2 !!!

Next time: Tomorrow Land, Innoventions (Formerly America Sings and Carousel of Progress), First Aid station FUN, the biggest corn dog ever, and pixie dust galore!

I CAN'T WAIT! :banana: :banana: :banana:

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICS WITH US! YOUR KIDS ARE SO CUTE - I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH NORAHAS GROWN SINCE I FINISHED YOUR REPORT 3 WEEKS AGO!

Oh, and I think you were referring to Danielle's picture from the Tiki room potty. Am I right, Danielle?

Yes. I just posted that in a peeps post. It's the bootylicious peeps goddess ;)

I'm loving it! :thumbsup2

This is random but did anyone notice all the people in the background of the pics? Go back and look at them. There is a girl with a blanket wrapped around her like a cape, another girl who looks like she is digging for treasure in her nose, and the guy at the Dole Whip stand has a look like he just saw someone with 3 heads.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of your trip! I've never been to DL myself. Didn't think I would like it as much as WDW but now I'm not so sure!

See you on the Peep side!

Didn't even see those people :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Another great episode!

Quote:
Of course I pulled the bamboo with the sign that says “Do NOT pull bamboo”. I couldn’t possibly walk by that!
I HAVE to do that too. It really freaks out the people around me when I do it, because most people dont know what it does;)

What does it do????:confused3

Danielle and Allie - OOOHHHH "up and at'em" makes sense. I knew what the phrase meant - but atom or adam did not make sense, you know!

Still no answer to the Bamboo question!?

The bamboo answer you seek shall not come from meeeee!
I dont want to spoil it for anyone wanting to go see for themselves. :cool2:

. No R rated movies. No worse rated movies. Pretend Jesus is watching with you. NO, Jesus doesn’t like beer.

well, we do have some evidence that He liked wine.... just kidding;)

Utah said:
After 62 minutes, we stopped at the McDonald’s in Lehi for breakfast and to use the restroom

I have been there!!!!! (This is one of my endearing (or as DH likes to say "annoying") habits. I love to point out places I have actually been when they show up on TV. Or Trip Reports.

GwenStefani said:
After the first DVD, and DH’s little nap, we played PNDQ. The road game. You have to actually see something that starts with only P or N or D or Q. The words can’t be read on signs. Pretty much only nouns. You earn snack money for the next stop

Ahem. Where is my credit? I taught her PNDQ.

PNDQ Queen said:
I blew them all away with a heard of cows I called “Quadropeds”. I also got “Quadrunner” for a four-wheeler in some farmer’s yard. This game is really fun! I like it more than the alphabet game because it’s more limited, causing you to be more creative. I started making up smart-sounding words and my kids totally believed me! Poor things

Good job!!!! I love quadropeds!!! :laughing: I am going to add that to my must-see list (I can always find a quagmire)

Wendynextright said:
There's a cute little city in Southern Utah named Beaver. I did NOT take a picture of the restaurant sign that says for all of America to see, "Wendy's Beaver, next right" :confused:

I have been to that town. The two guys I worked with kept trying to buy me a souvenir sweatshirt. :confused3

TourGuideWendy said:
We stopped in St. George, Utah
St. George is nice! And much warmer than the rest of the state....

The Red Rocks near St. George....getting Sunny!
P2231800.jpg

I have been there too!

UtahMAMA said:
Riley slept in the same bed as me. He held my one hand in his two hands next to his heart. He squoze my hand three times and whispered, “That means, ‘I love you, mom’”…So, I gave his hand three squeezes too and we fell asleep even with the fireworks booming

Awww. How did you know our code? One squeeze means "just wait till we get home Buddy" and two means "say something polite" , three is " I love you"

Great installments! And how punctual! Thanks for sharing your Disneyland adventure with us all!

I'm loving it! :thumbsup2

This is random but did anyone notice all the people in the background of the pics? Go back and look at them. There is a girl with a blanket wrapped around her like a cape, another girl who looks like she is digging for treasure in her nose, and the guy at the Dole Whip stand has a look like he just saw someone with 3 heads.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of your trip! I've never been to DL myself. Didn't think I would like it as much as WDW but now I'm not so sure!

See you on the Peep side!

OK...I had to go back and look at the people since you pointed them out! :confused3 Who knows what they are doing/thinking!!!

What does it do????:confused3

:confused: Inquiring minds want to know!!!! :confused:

AWWWW...not even a little?!? :rolleyes1

Oh my god! How come I always find your TR's so late in the game???? I love that you went to Disneyland! My fiancee and I are starting the first four nights of our honeymoon there and then going out to Vegas and the national parks this May so it's so nice to see an actual TR with pictures and everything up on this thread! :goodvibes . We were at Disneyland once before and we agreed that we liked POC much better also....I love your "commercial" and I can't wait to read more!

The first time I went on this ride (with DS6), the line ended right next to this. Some big lout behind me started yanking on it, and I :sad2: , thinking, "Some people apparently can't read." It was :rotfl2:, the joke was on me!

Yay! I get to take part in the posting during a TR and not when it's over. I loved the WDW TR and couldn't wait to get started on your DL TR.:yay:

I have to comment on the beaver sign, My DH is a trapper, we got lots of critters on the wall, he finally got a beaver to add to it and I was excited, it was somthing different, well... the dog got *****d of it and ruined it. So this year he trapped another, and at the big ol family Christmas party he told everyone he got a new beaver for the ol lady cause the dog ripped hers up. :scared1: Thank God Granmaw is deaf, although she did look a little perplexed as to why I slapped her grandson upside the head :confused3
Anyway, can't wait to read more. I spent a year in Riverside, Ca. but never went to DL, tell me what I missed. popcorn::

UM-finally made it all the way through this trippie. Loved the first one and am already loving this one. You are a great writer and I look forward to the rest!!!

Twinkie taught me PNDQ..... Just so y'all know! It really is a fun road game and I even play it in my everyday life now! It's an addictive vocabulary game!

A "quadroped" is a word I "learnt" from the penguins on Madagascar! It means any 4-legged animal. Sounds covert!

"Queegiebo" is an all-purpose extra credit word I learned from the Simpsons. Homer tried to do that word in Scrabble.

Thank You TwinkieMama for sharing your road game with us!!!! Sorry for the lack of "shout out"! Does "I meant to" count?

Somebody PM me the bamboo thing!!!!! I will probably never get to DL so I promise you won't be ruining the surprise.
PS: Don't tell DL I was reading the trip report without him. I let him out of reading the responses. There ain't enough lasagna in the world.

Utah I am shocked. Shocked.Did you forget to pull the rope marked "Do not Pull"???
:banana:

Pirates is way better in DL. I think it is the fireflies.

The sky IS bluer and the clouds (what clouds?) more puffy. Specially in Toon Town :rotfl: . There IS a scary clown on the Roger Rabbit Ride. Did you know that?

Did you get any Brea pictures? I am going to go Google earth my old house now :)

Hi Wheat Thins :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter