Our First Trip as Parents! December 2012 TR - 8/6 OMG a TR link!

I don't think Calvin could be any cuter! Love the one with cousin Bill where he's showing his little teeth!

That must have have an early flight home.

I'm so glad your mom was able to fly and see your grandma, 17 years in between visits is a long time!

If I wasn't going to see you in September I'd give you a hard time for not letting me know you'd be in Baltimore. That is about 20 minutes away from me. :)

His little chompers crack me up! :teeth:

The flight was too early. Our flight left at 6am which means we were up by 3:15am.

You know, I was going to shoot you a message, but we didn't decide until the last day that we were going to actually 'hang out' at the Harbor. I thought we were just spending the night at the hotel, but my DB really wanted to go.

His little chompers crack me up! :teeth:

The flight was too early. Our flight left at 6am which means we were up by 3:15am.

You know, I was going to shoot you a message, but we didn't decide until the last day that we were going to actually 'hang out' at the Harbor. I thought we were just spending the night at the hotel, but my DB really wanted to go.

Just giving you a hard time :) I know you were really busy.

Aw girl, I was smiling through this whole update! :)

I had to laugh at that first picture of DH and Calvin. They have the same expression on their face!

How did Calvin's ears do on the plane?

Yes!! Cracker Barrel! We always end up eating there whenever we drive to WDW.

Okay, I laughed out loud at the part where you said "And since Calvin couldn't have candy, he found something else to gnaw on." :rotfl: He had his little foot in his mouth! :rotfl:

Aw, I teared up at the picture right after you said "Saying bye to grandma". She looks so happy with him, and he's just giving her that loving look.

Lovely photos, looks like you had a fun trip. Calvin is growing up so much.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs, can't wait, I am so excited! :hyper:

Thanks so much for the PA trip! Was it just crazy for your mom and grandma to see each other after all that time? For spring break, my husband and I, and his parents and sister, all went to Mexico together to visit his dad's side of the family. It was the first time his mom had been there in about 16 years. She had seen some of the family who had come to our wedding, but there were still some that hadn't seen her in all that time. It was kind of crazy and exciting to see the interactions with everyone and hear old stories.

Calvin never fails to impress with his cuteness! He kills me! :love: And I feel like his resemblance to your DH is constantly growing. I love his little outfit on the plane, too, with the anchors.

I can't identify on the Candy Crush. I have been avoiding it because I don't want to get sucked in, haha!

Hope you guys are keeping cool out there and enjoying the summer. I'll be ditching this scorching desert for the more moderate CA temps later this month. Any fun things to do in the LA area?

I'm glad you were all able to get away to PA together and get some family time in. It was good to see that Calvin warmed up to Great Grandma, despite the less than ideal start. :rotfl:

He sure has grown since the Disney trip.

What a great trip you had to see family! Too bad you didn't grt that heartwarming meeting you had hoped for, but now you hsve a story you can laugh about. I'm glad he warmed ip to great grsndma eventually.

Hope you guys are keeping cool out there and enjoying the summer. I'll be ditching this scorching desert for the more moderate CA temps later this month. Any fun things to do in the LA area?

I bet where Alicia is located is rivaling the temps you're having in Vegas. With the exception of last weekend, we've had some great weather in So cal. There are some great shows playing in LA right now. Sister Act is opening at the Pant ages, Val Kilmer has a one man show called Citizen Twain that we saw the other night, hilarious in a very cerebral sort of humor.

The beaches are always fun, and I'm sure you'll be going to Disneyland!

What a nice trip to PA. You got some great pictures of your grandma and son together. I am so glad your mom was able to make it there. I am sure it was very emotional for both of them. Great PA trip report. Your son is adorable.

I bet where Alicia is located is rivaling the temps you're having in Vegas. With the exception of last weekend, we've had some great weather in So cal. There are some great shows playing in LA right now. Sister Act is opening at the Pant ages, Val Kilmer has a one man show called Citizen Twain that we saw the other night, hilarious in a very cerebral sort of humor.

The beaches are always fun, and I'm sure you'll be going to Disneyland!

We'll definitely hit the beaches, but I don't think we'll be stopping at DL. My cousin and her boyfriend are coming from NY, and they're a little bit younger than I am, still in college, and pretty low on cash. We'll be doing a cheap west coast tour. Probably hit a few wineries, the beach, hollywood blvd and walk of fame area, and head south to san diego for a day. But if you have any suggestions for college aged people on a budget, let me know :goodvibes

Just giving you a hard time :) I know you were really busy.

:)

Great update! :)

Thank you!

Aw girl, I was smiling through this whole update! :)

I had to laugh at that first picture of DH and Calvin. They have the same expression on their face!

How did Calvin's ears do on the plane?

Yes!! Cracker Barrel! We always end up eating there whenever we drive to WDW.

Okay, I laughed out loud at the part where you said "And since Calvin couldn't have candy, he found something else to gnaw on." :rotfl: He had his little foot in his mouth! :rotfl:

Aw, I teared up at the picture right after you said "Saying bye to grandma". She looks so happy with him, and he's just giving her that loving look.

:rotfl2: EVERYONE said the exact same thing about DH and DS's expression!

I don't think his ears bothered him at all going up and coming back down. I don't think I gave him a bottle as we were leaving LAX but I had one within arms reach just in case, but he did great! I was very thankful that he wasn't uncomfortable like some babies are.

I teared up too, whenever I got home and uploaded the pics to my computer. Hopefully that won't be the last time she sees him, but with her age, you never know. She kept saying how tired she was, and she said that is exactly how my grandpa died weeks before he passed away.

Lovely photos, looks like you had a fun trip. Calvin is growing up so much.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs, can't wait, I am so excited! :hyper:

Hey we are too! Well for one night. I couldn't get three days together at AKV so we'll be there the first night of our trip. So that Saturday the 5th, I believe.

Thanks so much for the PA trip! Was it just crazy for your mom and grandma to see each other after all that time? For spring break, my husband and I, and his parents and sister, all went to Mexico together to visit his dad's side of the family. It was the first time his mom had been there in about 16 years. She had seen some of the family who had come to our wedding, but there were still some that hadn't seen her in all that time. It was kind of crazy and exciting to see the interactions with everyone and hear old stories.

Calvin never fails to impress with his cuteness! He kills me! :love: And I feel like his resemblance to your DH is constantly growing. I love his little outfit on the plane, too, with the anchors.

I can't identify on the Candy Crush. I have been avoiding it because I don't want to get sucked in, haha!

It was actually really heartwarming to see them together. I think they were both equally overwhelmed, because when both my dad and grandpa died, they had no physical interaction. Only through the phone, so it looked like they were trying to make up for lost time.

DON'T EVEN LOOK AT CANDY CRUSH! Lol! You WILL be addicted, I swear.

I sent you a PM the other day. Hope you're not too close to the fire that's going on right now.

I'm glad you were all able to get away to PA together and get some family time in. It was good to see that Calvin warmed up to Great Grandma, despite the less than ideal start. :rotfl:

He sure has grown since the Disney trip.

I can't believe how much he's grown between WDW and the PA trip! It's like night and day!

What a great trip you had to see family! Too bad you didn't grt that heartwarming meeting you had hoped for, but now you hsve a story you can laugh about. I'm glad he warmed ip to great grsndma eventually.

That's exactly how i'm looking at it :thumbsup2

What a nice trip to PA. You got some great pictures of your grandma and son together. I am so glad your mom was able to make it there. I am sure it was very emotional for both of them. Great PA trip report. Your son is adorable.

I was, and am, so happy that my mom made the trip with us. I'm pretty sure she wasn't comfortable being in the same house my dad and grandpa passed away in.

We'll definitely hit the beaches, but I don't think we'll be stopping at DL. My cousin and her boyfriend are coming from NY, and they're a little bit younger than I am, still in college, and pretty low on cash. We'll be doing a cheap west coast tour. Probably hit a few wineries, the beach, hollywood blvd and walk of fame area, and head south to san diego for a day. But if you have any suggestions for college aged people on a budget, let me know :goodvibes

I hear that the Temecula wineries are amazing! Of course, the OC beaches are great! I'm sure Alison will have way better recommendations that me.

Wanted to post some pictures from our 4th of July celebration. Hope you all had a great 4th!

I forsee trouble with girls later! :rotfl2:

Looks like you had a fun 4th!

Hey we are too! Well for one night. I couldn't get three days together at AKV so we'll be there the first night of our trip. So that Saturday the 5th, I believe.

Does that mean you'll be coming in for our cookout? :hyper: Or do you arrive late on the 5th?

I am sorry I haven't posted much, but the end of the school year has been much more stressful than I would have liked.

I cannot believe HOW much your little man has grown. :goodvibes Such a cute little one!
Thanks for sharing your 4th of July celebration with us. So interesting how other countries celebrate. :thumbsup2

Drat! Photobucket nailed you and ate you July 4th pictures. Bummer. :sad1:

Looks like you had a fun 4th!

Does that mean you'll be coming in for our cookout? :hyper: Or do you arrive late on the 5th?

I was checking for flights and the earliest we can get in is at 3:15. We're renting a car to get a few grocery items before heading to SSR so not sure what time we'll officially be in. However, if it's not too late, we (me and Dan) we're hoping to stop by if you guys are still partying?? :cool1: Otherwise, you're leaving on Monday right? Perhaps we could do drinks at the Ditch or somewhere equally fun!

I am sorry I haven't posted much, but the end of the school year has been much more stressful than I would have liked.

I cannot believe HOW much your little man has grown. :goodvibes Such a cute little one!
Thanks for sharing your 4th of July celebration with us. So interesting how other countries celebrate. :thumbsup2

I haven't seen you in a while! Glad to see you back:flower3: Aw man, well hopefully your Summer will be relaxing.

Isn't he humongous now!? So big. So sad. :lmao:

Drat! Photobucket nailed you and ate you July 4th pictures. Bummer. :sad1:

Agh! I fixed it so now you should be able to view them :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing... even if Photobucket doesn't want you to. :rotfl2::lmao:

:rotfl2: I swear, PB hates me about 50% of the time. But it's fixed now!

I see them now! It looks like you had all the right pieces for a fun Independence Day celebration... family, beer and explosives. :thumbsup2

Looks like you guys were having a blast on the fourth! How did Calvin feel about the fireworks? Did the noise bother him? He has so much hair now. He's growing and changing so quickly. Is it killing you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter