Our First Trip as Parents! December 2012 TR - 8/6 OMG a TR link!

I was checking for flights and the earliest we can get in is at 3:15. We're renting a car to get a few grocery items before heading to SSR so not sure what time we'll officially be in. However, if it's not too late, we (me and Dan) we're hoping to stop by if you guys are still partying?? :cool1: Otherwise, you're leaving on Monday right? Perhaps we could do drinks at the Ditch or somewhere equally fun!

I am planning on booking the Grand Mariner tasting from 2:30-4PM on Saturday, so I would be heading back to the BCV after that. We are thinking about getting things started around 5PM Saturday night. This means that we have to start the coals before we can do anything. I plan on having my Summer Salad marinating the day before, and the queso all cubed and chopped so that just before we head down to the BBQ grills I can nuke it in a microsafe container and then transfer it to the BBQ safe pot. Once the coals are ready I'll start the TriTip which probably cooks for about an hour, so we'll probably be hanging out snacking and chatting until at least 6:30ish before we actually break into the main dinner. I know this was a lot of TMI for your TR but suffice to say, I think we will still be partying by the time you could get there!

If you guys can make it, I can share the link of the planning thread that we have been working on for the past couple years and if you want to pick up anything last minute at the store, I'm sure we'll be talking there about what we have and what we need, although we're pretty well stocked, but I'm sure there is something we could still use. I'm sure we'll have way too much food, if Fran is involved, she's already added some chicken sausages to the mix in addition to the tri tip! :lmao:

I am planning on booking the Grand Mariner tasting from 2:30-4PM on Saturday, so I would be heading back to the BCV after that. We are thinking about getting things started around 5PM Saturday night. This means that we have to start the coals before we can do anything. I plan on having my Summer Salad marinating the day before, and the queso all cubed and chopped so that just before we head down to the BBQ grills I can nuke it in a microsafe container and then transfer it to the BBQ safe pot. Once the coals are ready I'll start the TriTip which probably cooks for about an hour, so we'll probably be hanging out snacking and chatting until at least 6:30ish before we actually break into the main dinner. I know this was a lot of TMI for your TR but suffice to say, I think we will still be partying by the time you could get there!

If you guys can make it, I can share the link of the planning thread that we have been working on for the past couple years and if you want to pick up anything last minute at the store, I'm sure we'll be talking there about what we have and what we need, although we're pretty well stocked, but I'm sure there is something we could still use. I'm sure we'll have way too much food, if Fran is involved, she's already added some chicken sausages to the mix in addition to the tri tip! :lmao:

Hopefully you'll be able to find your way around the kitchen after that Grand Marnier tasting :cool1:

I know DH wanted to go to DTD since we'll be staying at SSR so he can get a sandwich at EoS, so we'll see what happens.

Great 4th of July pictures. He is getting so big. It goes so fast.

He's getting so big! I wish time would slow down now.

Thanks for fixing the pictures :) Calvin's hair is too cute!

Haha I don't know how to fix his hair! DH doesn't either. All DS's hair wants to do is go straight forward and it's difficult to put to a side.

I see them now! It looks like you had all the right pieces for a fun Independence Day celebration... family, beer and explosives. :thumbsup2

Those are the best elements to have :thumbsup2

Looks like you guys were having a blast on the fourth! How did Calvin feel about the fireworks? Did the noise bother him? He has so much hair now. He's growing and changing so quickly. Is it killing you?

He was crying at the first one, but after that he was totally fine and was watching them in awe. It was totally cute. I hate that he's growing so quickly. When he was younger and not doing much, it felt that time was going so slow. But now that he's a little mobile, time is flying. He's going to be 10 months in a couple weeks already. It's crazy!

Wanted to give a little life update of why I haven't been on much.

About a month ago, DH's mom came and told us that they were filing for job bankruptcy because their business was doing terrible (he's a distributor for a milk company). I don't know all the details but she was saying they may lose their home and they may need a place to stay if that happens. Also they'll be looking at anything that's 'worth' anything, and DH's truck that they gave to him in High School is in their name. I guess she's thinking they may take his truck :confused3 Anyways, she's the bookkeeper for the business and was so far behind, I decided to help do bookwork, where a lot of my time has been recently.

and then....

A few weeks ago, right before Fourth of July, I got a really bad stomach pain. I thought it may have been something I ate the night before so I brushed it off. The next day, it happened again. Same time, 11am - 1pm, same pain. Like a very bad burning, debilitating pain that I had never felt before in my life. It continued all week and I finally decided to call and make a dr appt. I did blood work to rule out pancreatitis and blood came back fine with no infection. She's thinking it's an ulcer. At least, she's hoping it's an ulcer and nothing more serious. I'm on medication for a month to see if it heals, and if I still have the pain after a month, i'll need to have an endoscopy to see what's going on. So far no pain so that's a good sign.

Next Sunday, DH and I (notice no DS::yes::) will be going to the coast for our 7 year anniversary. I think a MUCH needed get away at this point. It will just be the two of us wining and dining which will be so nice. I wanted 2 nights, but DH hated that we would be leaving DS for so long, so we agreed that we'll get an early start on Sunday and be home late Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to be starting a TR for October soon!

Joining in really late!

Our first trip as parents is going to be in January so I have really been enjoying your report.

Your little guy is absolutely adorable. I can't get over all of his hair. :lovestruc

I'm so sorry that you have all that going on. Hopefully the two of you will enjoy your get away time. We just had a few days on the coast and it's amazing what it did for my sanity.

Rough couple months for you guys! :( Hope you start feeling better soon and that everything goes okay for your inlaws.

Wow - sorry you are under such stress right now. That's awful. I am glad to hear your stomach issues are improving, but if you need the endoscopy just to rule things out or in, go for it. It's really not a big deal.

Yay :cool1: for an anniversary getaway! Sounds like you really need it! Enjoy!

I'm sorry to hear about everything going on. It always seems to happen all at once. Glad the medicine seems to be helping you. I hope it continues.

All caught up! Sorry, I was pages and pages behind. But, Dug Baby is taking a nice, long nap so I finally had time.

Loved hearing about your trip. The pictures from (and after) Dumbo were so great!

I can't believe how much Calvin has grown up! He has so much hair and teeth too! (Dug Baby is lacking in these departments). He's so cute!

I hope you feel better!

And, she just woke up!

Look forward to hearing about your October trip!

Hope everything works out OK for you and the family

Look after yourself and enjoy your much needed anniversary trip :)

:headache: Not fun. I hope you start feeling better soon. Hopefully that is all that it is.

Tough situation with your in laws. I hope it all works out without causing too much stress for you and your DH.

It seems like this weekend getaway for the 2 of you is coming at a great time! :thumbsup2

Joining in really late!

Our first trip as parents is going to be in January so I have really been enjoying your report.

Your little guy is absolutely adorable. I can't get over all of his hair. :lovestruc

I'm so sorry that you have all that going on. Hopefully the two of you will enjoy your get away time. We just had a few days on the coast and it's amazing what it did for my sanity.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Rough couple months for you guys! :( Hope you start feeling better soon and that everything goes okay for your inlaws.

Wow - sorry you are under such stress right now. That's awful. I am glad to hear your stomach issues are improving, but if you need the endoscopy just to rule things out or in, go for it. It's really not a big deal.

Yay :cool1: for an anniversary getaway! Sounds like you really need it! Enjoy!

I'm sorry to hear about everything going on. It always seems to happen all at once. Glad the medicine seems to be helping you. I hope it continues.

Thinking of you and your family Lesha - hope things are all ok :hug:

Emma princess: xx

All caught up! Sorry, I was pages and pages behind. But, Dug Baby is taking a nice, long nap so I finally had time.

Loved hearing about your trip. The pictures from (and after) Dumbo were so great!

I can't believe how much Calvin has grown up! He has so much hair and teeth too! (Dug Baby is lacking in these departments). He's so cute!

I hope you feel better!

And, she just woke up!

Look forward to hearing about your October trip!

Hope everything works out OK for you and the family

Look after yourself and enjoy your much needed anniversary trip :)

:headache: Not fun. I hope you start feeling better soon. Hopefully that is all that it is.

Tough situation with your in laws. I hope it all works out without causing too much stress for you and your DH.

It seems like this weekend getaway for the 2 of you is coming at a great time! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

This medication i'm on is working I think! I had terrible pain yesterday, but it was the first time in about 6 days so that must be a good sign :thumbsup2

Been super busy. Sunday we left to the Coast for our 7 year anniversary celebration without the kiddo! And we had so much fun. Lots of wine tasting, good seafood and perfect weather.

Yesterday, DH turned 30 and it was his first day back at work. Poor guy. His past couple birthdays have not been the best. Do we remember the Colonoscopy of 2012?! :lmao: So last night I made him some Bruschetta, Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola sauce, cream cheese mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts (our FAVORITE vegetable, if you can believe it!) and for dessert a homemade funfetti cake. He also got a new golf club and golf clothes from me and he got a patio set from both my mom and his parents

Tonight we're having a family party here at the house with Pizza and playing games outside and having a few drinks. :cool1:

Well, I wasn't hanging around in your TR's back in 2012, but I'd have to say that it looks like your DH had a significantly better birthday this year. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Sounds like a great birthday for DH. Definitely better than the colonoscopy birthday for sure!

The dinner looks delicious. I like brussel sprouts too. I was surprised since they get such a bad rap.

Ok so I totally missed this somehow and now need to go read and you are all done. WAH! my bad.

Still gonna go read though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter