Paper Piecing Swap - Anyone?

Tiger Fan

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=teal>
I've been reading where several of us seem to enjoy paper piecings and especially Disney ones at that. I was just wondering if any of you wanted to do a little swap. I would be glad to host and we would need at least maybe 5+ players to make it fun. Everyone would make the same PP x the number of people that play, send them to me, I will assemble packages with one of each sent in and return. If this sounds like something you would like to join let me know and we can assign characters (I pick Rolie Polie Olie:D)! I'll give this a few days to see if we get enough interest. Thanks.

Lisa

Hi Lisa. I've never did a swap, and I've not done any paper piecing either, but I'd love to try. Can you give me some paper piecing 101 tips hints and suggestions? Perhaps I could try Mary Poppins (her daisies) or something kinda easy for my first time.

Let me know, I'd love to be a part of this.
Gerri

Hi Lisa! I have done swaps before but I have not done paper piecing but I'm like Gerri I would love to try. Any tips or suggestions - maybe there is something on one of the websites? Let me know. Thanks, Ellen

Sorry, I'm in the midst of a massive swap at the moment, and I don't think I'll be doing anymore for a while (got to make 26! that was a mistake...)

but I just wanted to tell you that there are some paper piecing patterns on two peas that don't look to hard. You have to pay for the pattern, but it's not a lot - I think about $2.

I'm doing the Disney Hats pattern for my swap, and although it's time consuming, it's not difficult.

here's a link Disney Patterns

Bev

Count me in. I love paper piecing!

Hints for those of you who have never tried paper piecing. I usually use a Disney coloring book (or coloring page off the internet). You can resize the design on a copying machine. Choose a simple design for a start with not many colors of paper and larger pieces. Pooh would be a good choice, for example, since he is basicly gold and red. I make a copy of my design and actually cut it apart. I decide which piece will go on top of which and leave extra paper on the bottom piece so I have an area to connect the pieces. (That sounds confusing. You don't want the pieces to be like a puzzle, but to overlap, so you have a place to glue them together).

I think graceful bee has info on paper piecing and so does two peas. PM me if I made you even more confused. I'd be glad to help you get started. I've taught loads of people to do it, but I just don't know how to put it into words. It's lots of fun.

Ok sounds good so far. I'm a swap-aholic, but very new to paper piecings. This sounds like we will all be good together. I will give everyone several days to think and find a pattern. I chose Rolie Polie Olie as my first for this swap since he's pretty easy too. What got me excited was last week I made RPO and he turned out so wonderful, now I just want to share! We'll take a few days and everyone be looking for their patterns and practicing some before we iron out the dates.

Lisa

Lisa-

Put me down for Tigger (as long as the swap doesn't grow too big! I have been doing so much cutting lately, I've got blisters on my finger and thumb LOL!) I'll have to hunt down my pattern, but I did a great Tigger some time ago. Swaps are lots of fun, and I haven't participated in one in awhile, but you said the magic word when you said "Disney Character"

Happy Scrappin,
Candi

Candi, I've got you down for Tigger and don't worry about size, I will limit it to around 5-7 at the most. I will also allow plenty of time, this is the first for some of us so I want them to be good and us not be rushed. Thanks for joining. More details later.

Lisa

Count me in! I'll do Eeyore.....I have one already made up that I can use as pattern. Just let me know how many I need to make. Thanks!

I have the six of us below and will give it to the end of the weekend to take ONE more person. The first 3 of us listed have already chosen characters. fostrmom2mny, Ellen, and Merry if you all want to decide and list your character choice now too. On Monday I'll email everyone the final list and dates. How much time do we need? Two weeks, four weeks, just let me know what you think.

Lisa

Tiger Fan – Rolie Polie Olie
yummy72 – Tigger
Snow White – Eeyore
fostrmom2mny
Ellen aka Snow White
MerryPoppins

I'm holding my breath and praying as I tell you guys that I'll do Tinkerbell.
*****Please, oh please let it turn out OK*****

Now a couple of questions; do we put them (glue) together before we send them, or do they just stay in the pieces? If they just stay in the pieces, do I send a completed one, or do I send directions as to what piece goes where?

See, I truly am VERY new to this. Thanks. I'm excited and I won't need but two weeks at the most.
Gerri

Oh Gerri you can do it!!! I have complete faith in you. You put the pieces the together and send completed ones. This is going to be fun and very carefree, we're just a bunch of newbie paper piecers (is that a word - :D) enjoying each other's talent.

Lisa

ok ladies I'm new to the Diz and to paper peicing. I have a few questions so I'm clear on the concept. Is this paper design to be used as a backround for pictures? or are we to build in places for pictures to be inserted while we are peicing? or is the peice designed to be a collage like cover page? Also with all those seams is the paper floppy?I would like to try just not sure how , help

It is a picture, to be used like a die-cut type decoration on a page. It isn't floppy, because it it's usually made of cardstock and the seams are overlapped (to give you a place to glue them together. Look at www.gracefulbee.com and see their patterns and maybe some layouts. That will give you an idea of what we are talking about. If you still have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer them.

I'll choose a pattern tomorrow, ladies. I'm too tired tonight. Just need to look at some designs and pick one that I might use sometime soon.

thanks for the web page Mary, it's a jolly holiday when things come together!!! I'm a rubber stamper and a scrapper. I would like to join the swap if there aren't to many along yet. Maybe I'll try the silly cubby pooh bear!!

Eglantine Price, welcome to the DIS and the scrapbooking forum. I will add you to the list now making it complete. That gives us 7 in the swap with each scrapper needing to make six of their character. You will get six in return (you will NOT get one of your own back). Once we get the characters each person has chosen we can iron out dates. Sounds good so far. And by the way, no one has chosen Pooh yet if you want him.

Lisa

lisa, yippee!! I can't wait to get started, I'll take pooh bear then . Should I watch the boards for details or will you e-mail?

I'm thinking I'll do Mrs. Potts (maybe with Chip) if that's okay with you guys. Do most of you do 12 x 12 pages or 8 1/2 x 11? I'd like to know that when sizing my pattern. If some of us do the smaller format, I might shrink the pattern a bit so it won't take up too much of the page. :) Can't wait to get started. Sounds like we'll be well on our way to making our next Disney album!

Pooh it is, and Merry, Mrs. Potts sounds great!! How about a mailoff date of March 11. That will give us just over 3 weeks. Does everyone think that sounds good. I'm gonna try to attach a file for you all to look at my Rolie Polie Olie PP and see if you approve. I do 12 x 12 pages and Merry the Mickey that you sent was perfect. This RPO is kinda big actually with his antenae, I'm guessing over 6 inches.

So far we have:

Tiger Fan – Rolie Polie Olie
yummy72 – Tigger
Snow White – Eeyore
fostrmom2mny
Ellen aka Snow White
MerryPoppins - Mrs. Potts
Eglantine Price - Pooh

Rolie Polie Olie

He's cute, Lisa. And the March 11 date is fine. I'll get right onto Mrs. Potts, and try to get her in the mail ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter