Paper Piecing Swap - Anyone?

what about acid free glitter glue brushed onto a tinky green card stock ? you could use it to create , the folds of her skirt just as a highlight. or even over all to create the translucent effect effect of a pixie. It might look really great lightly brushed onto tinks wings.just some ideas. She sounds very cute my problem has been to wrestle my new Pooh Bear color book from my daughter so I can work on the chubby cubby!:p

Hello ladies, I just finished my Pooh Bears but I had a question before I mail them off. Should I include a "recipe" card how I constructed them with a picture of my pattern? Just in case anyone has product or construction questions?

Eglantine Price-

When I do a paper piecing, I usually include the directions and little xerox copy of what the finished product looks like IF it requires any kind of assembly...If the paper piecing is fully assembled, and all they need to do is stick it to their page, then I don't usually include any directions. HTH! My Tigger are done, and as soon as I can find the time, I'll be going to the post office, and they'll be "bouncing" their way to Lisa!

Mrs. Potts is put together. Just need to chalk her a little and she'll be on her way.

Candi,

I'll probably be the person next to you at the post office! :) Mine are going out today, as well.

Melissa

Just to let you know that all the Poohs arrived today and they are sooooo adorable!! I can hardly wait to see the others. I'll keep you all posted as they arrive and let you know when I send them back out.

Lisa

I've been putting this off. I'm disappointed with my Tinkerbells :(
Since I've not ever had any experience w/ paper piecing or chalking, or faces, I don't like how they are coming out. I did some of the faces, then stopped because they don't look just right, not entirely bad, just not perfect for sure. My apologies to you ladies, but maybe those of you with more experience can get your done better, and those of you like me, maybe you have a swappin/scrapbookin buddy that can help out.

I'm signed up to take a techniques class in April (won't help much on this one) so I can be shown and given direction. I really liked how they came out as generic, and some of them are still in that state, so she can be used this way.

I'm so disappointed. I did make her wings of vellum, and found a glue that doesn't show thru :) :) Found the green diamond dust paper for her shoes and dress. I even added a ribbon in her hair that came from the ribbon the my DD's and I wore at the DIS CON. So I really hope you aren't too disappointed in them. I sure bit off more than I was able to chew!
Gerri

Mailing them out today.

I bet Tink looks fine! Don't worry about it. She sounds very cute. I don't mind at all if I have to do my own face. No problem here. And you started learning a new technique, so it wasn't a total loss for you either. Don't stress about it.

Sounds like the swap is coming right along. Can't wait to see what we all did.

I'm glad to see my Poohs got to you Lisa, I can't wait to see the others, I'm sure that Tink looks just fine we are always our own worst critic.I'll be watching the mailbox soon!!

Oh Gerri, please don't stress over Tink. I'm sure she just adorable. It will wonderful to have a memory of you in our scrapbooks!

Lisa

Mrs. Potts arrived today safe and sound and she sure is adorable. You guys will love these!!

Lisa

Candi your Tiggers arrive today and they too are just so cute.

Ellen - Mickey also arrived and you have every reason to be proud. Also thanks for the punchies!

Everyone is going to be so pleased with how these have all turned out. It keeps me motivated! I've got 2 completed Rolie Polie Olies and 4 more only needing the legs and arms - :D!

Lisa

I mailed my Eeyores today....sorry Im running late getting these in the mail....its been a very hectic week! The post office said you'd have them by Monday. Hope you like them! :) Can't wait to see everybody's work! :)

Gerri, the cutest little Tinkerbells flew in today!! Michelle, don't worry about time, everyone is way ahead. I just finished up the last of the Rolies today! I will get these right back to everyone. Thanks so much for playing!!

Lisa

I'm getting so excited. Can't wait to see what everyone made. :)

Just an update I'm still waiting on the Eeyores. Don't panic Snow White, I'm sure all is fine and hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. Just wanted to keep everyone updated.

Lisa

:bounce: The post office said you'd have these by Monday, and tomorrow will be Thursday!!!!! Please let me know if you receive these tomorrow, (I'm pacing the floor now! lol) That is soooo frustrating! Sorry this is holding up the swap! :mad:

Eeyore arrived today and let me tell you - he was worth the wait. He is so adorable. I am packaging these all back up and sending them out. I think you all will be very pleased. Thank you all for participating and let me know when your goodies arrive.

Lisa

Thanks sooo much for doing this swap! I appreciate you coordinating it! :)
ps: Im really glad Eeyore finally arrived!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter