Paranormal Activity @ WDW

Sounds interesting. i know of a George superstician in POTC but thats about it.

I have never heard of the George susperstician. Can someone tell me about it. I know when DW and I were there in 84 we rode POTC with my brother and it broke down. Don't know if George was around then or not.

Pictures anyone? I don't know about George either. Please tell. I love the paranormal. Of course I write about it, so I guess I'd have to love it. LOL

George was supposedly a cast member who worked on the building of PoTC and subsequently died. Some people say he died while working on the ride, while others say he just died naturally. Either way, he supposedly returned to haunt the ride. If you say, "I don't believe in you, George!" the ride will malfunction. Legend says the CMs have to greet him each day and say good night to him or he will make it malfunction.

George was supposedly a cast member who worked on the building of PoTC and subsequently died. Some people say he died while working on the ride, while others say he just died naturally. Either way, he supposedly returned to haunt the ride. If you say, "I don't believe in you, George!" the ride will malfunction. Legend says the CMs have to greet him each day and say good night to him or he will make it malfunction.

Thanks, I had never heard that story before. Acourse if he was there in 84 he must have followed us to Six Flags Over Georgia. My DW and I were on a boat ride there and it stopped also. We looked around to see if my brother had followed us there.:rotfl:

I found this on *another* message board for ghost-seekers. A little more info about George, as well as some others:

Orlando - Disney World - Pirates of the Caribbean - The spirit of "George" a worker who died there when a beam fell on him during construction still haunts the attraction. At the beginning of the day and at the end of the day attractions workers must come on the PA system and tell George good morning and good night. If not the attraction has been know to shut itself down adding more work before the workers came go home for the night. - March 2004 Addition/ correction - when the ride was being built in the early 70's (it opened Dec. 15, 1973) , George was a welder who clearly, welded different parts of the scenes on the attraction together. One particular area on the ride, called the "burning city", required George to climb up quite high above the ground. George lost his balance, and fell to his death. (Another story says a beam fell on him during construction.) If you talk to any of the employees at pirates, they will either know of someone who has had an incident with George, or there is a chance they have had one themselves.

Orlando - Disney World - There is known to be a tan figure walking down the streets in front of the castle.

Orlando - Walt Disney World - EPCOT - Spaceship earth - a small girl with long blonde hair has been seen riding in a car, & sometimes she is seen outside the attraction with another boy who will run in front of her and vanish at the same location (outside during the day).

Orlando - Walt Disney World - Tower of Terror - There has been a story among employees of a ghost walking around the "Tower of Terror" at off hours; he's usually found walking the wrong way, does not respond to calls and then disappears.

Still waiting to see Walt popcorn::

I'll try to post the pic tomorrow I promise I apologize for the wait. The scanner was down and I had a huge research paper to do for school. Finally done and hope to have it up tomorrow!

I did not know about George. Thanks for all the info. I will check back tomorrow for the pic. I recall a while back a poster writing about a paranormal experience at Pop Century where DH woke up because there was a woman standing by the hangers/closet in their room (it was first floor corner room I believe in the jukebox bldg #2). He thought it was DD but realized it was a woman, not a child. DW wondered if DH had been dreaming but I think they had another "moment" with the hangers moving by themselves or something like that. Anyways, I will try to see if it is here somewhere. This had to be around last Oct/Nov as I was going to Pop and had requested to stay in that building for our Dec trip. Some of you may already be familiar with this story and if I find it I will come back and let you all know where it is posted.

I did not know about George. Thanks for all the info. I will check back tomorrow for the pic. I recall a while back a poster writing about a paranormal experience at Pop Century where DH woke up because there was a woman standing by the hangers/closet in their room (it was first floor corner room I believe in the jukebox bldg #2). He thought it was DD but realized it was a woman, not a child. DW wondered if DH had been dreaming but I think they had another "moment" with the hangers moving by themselves or something like that. Anyways, I will try to see if it is here somewhere. This had to be around last Oct/Nov as I was going to Pop and had requested to stay in that building for our Dec trip. Some of you may already be familiar with this story and if I find it I will come back and let you all know where it is posted.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: ummm moussekeeping :rotfl:
waiting for OP pic popcorn::

(not sure where this belongs so feel free to move)

I have a picture that I came across of me when I was 4 (1994) in the Magic Kingdom in the gardens to the right of where Tony's is. I am hugging Minnie Mouse and there is a window in the back. While looking at the picture I noticed the image of a man in the window, which call me crazy but appears to be Walt. The man is wearing older fashioned clothing, a hat, red tie, and khakis and in many pictures that I've seen of Walt that is how he dressed. It is not a clear image so it can't be a reflection of a guest (I doubt any guests would be dressed like that in 1994 and in October @WDW) and seems to be hidden by a curtain in the window. I was wondering if anyone here has seen things like that in any photos they had taken at Walt Disney World.

click on link below to see my picture...

get-attachment.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter