Park Swaps - Animal Kingdom - Sign-ups - CLOSED

christinadei

<font color=red>Tagless for eternity (well, until
Okay, it's time to sign up for the 3rd park swap, Animal Kingdom!!!!

It will be like normal, pick a theme (can be a ride, land, AK in general, whatever), then choose an element from group a and group b. We'll have groups of 12. If the first one fills up, another one will open.

Due Date is May 1!!!!!

Send them back to me with a priority mail stamp or 4.05 to cover your postage. Put the elements in individual ziploc bags (i.e. one of each element from group one and two, you'll have 12 bags). Then put them all in a gallon ziploc bag. I'll put all of your elements back in yoru bag and send them back to you!

Please pm me if you have any questions!!! I'm new at hosting swaps, so let me know if I left anything out.

Group 1 -full
Group A

1 Topper - bcarson "Mickey's Jungle Jam Parade"
2 Borders - pixiedust32
2 journaling boxes - Michelle Pooh
4 Embellished squares - Yodasmom
2 Frames - goofy4life
2 Photo Mats -
2 Tags - jennyL - Discovery Island
2 Slide Mounts bigsis1970 - Safari
1 Box n Tag - New England Eeyore - It's Tough to be a Bug
1 mini file folder-PrincessNancy96 - Kilimanjaro Safari
1 library pocket and tag TPCShauna - The Festival of the Lion King
1 Shaker Box -
1 Paper Piecing -
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric - christinadei
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon - hiclarke

Group B

1 Topper - christinadei "Animal Kingdom Title"
2 Borders -
2 journaling boxes - pixiedust32
4 Embellished squares - Michellepooh
2 Frames -
2 Photo Mats - Yodasmom
2 Tags - bcarson "Mickey's Jungle Jam Parade"
2 Slide Mounts
1 Box n Tag - PrincessNancy96 - Kilimanjaro Safari
1 mini file folder - TPCShauna - The Festival of the Lion King
1 library pocket and tag- hiclarke
1 Shaker Box - goofy4life
1 Paper Piecing - New England Eeyore - It's Tough to be a Bug
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric - bigsis1970 - Safari
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon - jennyL - Discovery Island

Group 2 -full
Group A

1 Topper - bigsis1970- Kali River Rapids
2 Borders - Yodasmom - Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
2 journaling boxes - fanofthemouse
4 Embellished squares - PrincessNancy96
2 Frames - poohbear158
2 Photo Mats - goofy 4 life
2 Tags - cocacolamom - Kilimanjaro Safari
2 Slide Mounts -
1 Box n Tag - Disneyland_emily
1 mini file folder-KatDisney
1 library pocket and tag - jedi librarian - Discovery Island
1 Shaker Box -
1 Paper Piecing -
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric - StitchIsOurHero - Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon - bcarson

Group B

1 Topper - PrincessNancy96
2 Borders - fanofthemouse - Camp Minnie Mickey
2 journaling boxes - Yodasmom - Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
4 Embellished squares - StitchIsOurHero - Gen. A/K
2 Frames - cocacolamom - Kilimanjaro Safari
2 Photo Mats - jedi librarian - Discovery Island
2 Tags - bcarson
2 Slide Mounts - goofy 4 life
1 Box n Tag - bigsis1970 - Kali River Rapids
1 mini file folder -
1 library pocket and tag- poohbear158
1 Shaker Box -
1 Paper Piecing -
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric - Disneyland_emily
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon -KatDisney

I'll join!!

I will do:
Embellished (deco) squares for Group A: General AK theme with either animal or mask embellishments.
Photo Mats for Group B: General AK theme with either animal or plant embellishments.

Thanks!!

YodasMom

OK, I'll play.

I'd like journal boxes for Group A and squares for Group B, please. I was thinking of some sort of "generic" animal type theme that could be used for any park pictures. Is that OK?

I'll get you both down! I think that a general animal type theme is just fine!

I'm in. I'll take the tags in Group A and the eyelts etc in Group B. I'll have my theme later.

I want the 2 borders in group A and the Journal boxes in group B.

I wanted to make the Shaker but I don't know the size or how to make one. :(

PixieDust32 said:
I want the 2 borders in group A and the Journal boxes in group B.

I wanted to make the Shaker but I don't know the size or how to make one. :(

I'll sign you up for those things. I'll see if I can find links for directions on shaker boxes. If you change your mind and want to do them, just let me know.

Here are a few links and tips that I found.

piratesmate said:
Here are 2 links I saved about making shakers:
http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Techniques/Shakers/138.php
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_scrapbooking/article/0,2025,DIY_13776_3115010,00.html

However, I have to tell you that many of the shaker boxes I've gotten in swaps have leaked their beads. :( While trying to figure out a more secure way to do them, I was chatting with Sweet Maxine and she came up with something that keeps those little buggers contained! She told me to use one of those meal sealing gadgets!

The hardest part then is getting it the right size. (I was cutting a hole in the foam sheet in the middle with the same die as I used on the top layer.)

Once I worked out that problem, I had trouble finding an adhesive that worked on the foam & plastic that was acid-free. I was making a very small one, so I ended up putting the foam layer through my Xyron 150 (the little X) and that worked great!

I've never done a swap before but would love to try (I lurk around this board quite often). If you allow new people, I'd love to join. I'd like to do eyelets/buttons/ribbon in one group and the library pocket and tag in the other.

hiclarke said:
I've never done a swap before but would love to try (I lurk around this board quite often). If you allow new people, I'd love to join. I'd like to do eyelets/buttons/ribbon in one group and the library pocket and tag in the other.

Of course, you are more than welcome!!!! I'll sign you up! Just beware, swaps can be addicting :bitelip:

I'm looking forward to it! (plus it gives me a reason to go to my LSS to go shopping!)

christinadei said:
I'll sign you up for those things. I'll see if I can find links for directions on shaker boxes. If you change your mind and want to do them, just let me know.

Thanks!

I think I have an idea but I want to practice before making some for swaps.

What would you guys use for the background?

I would like to try my hand at a topper for Mickey's Jungle Jam Parade. Also tags that went with this. I see everyone else is doing general theme is that okay? I could do whatever group you want. Thanks! :bounce:

I'd like to join...

Could I have the mini-file folder in Group A & box n tag in group b?

Does anyone have a good template for the box n tag? Found an awesome idea last night!!!!
I'd like to do the generic A/K theme at this point!

Thanks!!!

We just got back from Disney last month and spent 2 full days at AK and still didn't see everything. AK is my two animal lovers favorite park. I will take 2 Frames from group 1-a and a shakerbox from group 1-b!! Do I have to have specific colors or just general AK theme?

Thanks

goofy4 life said:
We just got back from Disney last month and spent 2 full days at AK and still didn't see everything. AK is my two animal lovers favorite park. I will take 2 Frames from group 1-a and a shakerbox from group 1-b!! Do I have to have specific colors or just general AK theme?

Thanks

It's up to you. You can do a general theme, or a more specific theme like the dinosaur ride, circle of life show, tree of life, etc.

I'd like to join in!

I assume a "box n tag" is a journalling box and tag. Am I right? I'd like to do that in Group A. For Group B, I have an idea for a paper piecing, but I've never done one before. Can I choose that as my element, but if it turns out to be to ambitious for me, then could I switch to a different element that is unchosen at that point?

My Theme will be "It's Tough to be a Bug."

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter