Paying with MagicBands?

marcar12

Mouseketeer
Do I need to take my wallet with me to the parks, or can I pay for everything using my MagicBand?

they will ask for code (pre set up at check in) they should ask for ID if you are asking for discounts ( like annual pass). You will get different answers from different experience.

I assume you're staying onsite correct?
You can pay for the majority of things via your magic band but there are some carts that only take cash.
If you are a DVC member, AP holder, or Disney Visa card member and want to take advantage of discounts you'll need those card with you.
I would ALWAYS bring a wallet with some cash, credit card, ID, and insurance card.
There are times when magic bands fail to work and you do need to swipe your card instead of have cash ready.
And its always a good idea to have your ID and insurance card on you in case of emergency.

We paid for everything with our magicbands, but I also brought my ID, my credit card, and my insurance card, just in case. Had to show ID to buy one alcoholic drink, didn't have to show it for any others (I am WELL above drinking age, not sure if my age was shown to cast members on my account or if it was simply obvious that I'm above legal age?)

I left the bulky wallet behind and just tucked those cards into my bag or pocket, and used the Magicband for everything.

Do the restaurants & shops in Disney Springs allow you to pay with your magic band?

Yep! as long as we were still registered (not checked out) at the hotel we charged shopping and dining from Disney Springs on the MB. It's always best to ask, but we shopped at Pin Trading, Basin, the Star Wars Store and ate at T Rex and all of it went on our bands, which I paid off that night at the front desk of the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter