Perfect solution for room intrusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latch will keep housekeeping out whilst you’re in the room. They may knock and announce themselves but obviously they can’t get in whilst that is on. Just a friendly shout from you to say that the room is still occupied is enough to make sure they don’t try the door. If you have forgotten to put the latch on and they get no answer when hey knock on your door, they may well come into your room but if they see or hear you in there, they will leave immediately. They will then come back later to service your room. Housekeeping really have enough to be getting on with without standing outside your room until you leave.

I genuinely don’t see what the difference is between Disney hotels and every other hotel property I have ever stayed in, yet it seems to be a massive deal on these boards and as a result, people are getting wound up and worried about being walked in on etc.

Put your latch on, communicate with them if they knock and don’t worry about it. The new policy means they service/ check rooms every 24 hours. No one is going to demand entry and start calling security if you don’t answer the initial morning knock.
that latch can be very easily opened from outside if someone wants to check internet of videos of how to do

Do that in my hotel and you are being kicked out.. I am hotel GM for a major brand. You can’t bar us access to the room. All it takes is something as simple as a busted pipe in your room and if you try to keep us out, could be thousands of dollars in damage in minutes. Plus a dozen other valid reasons we need to inspect the room.

Plus you understand we can just take the door right off, correct? You are not keeping staff out if we need to get in.

All that said, this is about communication to the guests and working with them. This is nothing new. Hotels have been inspecting your rooms. Any decent one is not letting a room go more then 24 hours without a set of eyes checking the room.

I definitely wouldn’t stay at your hotel with that attitude .. I have been all over the world and stayed at many nice hotels and I NEVER use housekeeping ( even at Disney ) I have stayed up to 10 days without being bothered and if I need something I call and ask they bring it up .. also given IF someone was using that they would obviously be in the room and if you had a maintenance issue and someone knocked and said “ you have a busted pipe “ they would OBVIOUSLY let them in ...
That is a overly aggressive response and would be enough to stay somewhere else with a nicer staff . If your a “ GM” I’m sure you have been taught your state laws on guests rights including the hotels rights then ? I am in Florida where we have laws just for that purpose as I sure big vacation areas do ... to protect the business AND the guest .

May
that latch can be very easily opened from outside if someone wants to check internet of videos of how to do

I get that. But why would housekeeping do this unless they believed it was a genuine emergency, in which case I assume hotel security and management would be present too.

I don’t know if any of you have stayed in hotels very recently, but most large chains have changed their policies following what happened at the Mandalay Bay. “Do not disturb” signs have been replaced with “Room occupied” or “Privacy, please” signs and they all, in theory at least, operate the every-24 hr room checks, but I haven’t noticed any difference in how housekeeping operates

Last edited:
May

I get that. But why would housekeeping do this unless they believed it was a genuine emergency, in which case I assume hotel security and management would be present too.

I don’t know if any of you have stayed in hotels very recently, but most large chains have changed their policies following what happened at the Mandalay Bay. “Do not disturb” signs have been replaced with “Room occupied” or “Privacy, please” signs and they all, in theory at least, operate the every-24 hr room checks, but I haven’t noticed any difference in how housekeeping operates

I have been on several vacations since then and I never use housekeeping ... not once did anyone come to my door and come in for no reason . I even went to Manchester england walking distance to the arena that was bombed in a extremely nice hotel suite and was not bothered once .I have no use to stay in a hotel where I can’t take a nap or other things during the day without being bothered .

I find trying to block your room with additional devices when you know what the policy is to be in over aggressive response.

A reminder that DISboards policy is not to allow posts that describe ways to break Disney's rules. The bottom line here is that Disney has a right to enter a hotel room that they own.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter