Peter Werner on disunplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching the DisBoard flagship show since its inception on YouTube. I am so grateful for what Pete has built with his DisBoard empire and the talent he has assembled. Last year, Pete had mentioned the possibility of retiring from doing the DisBoard show. IMO - I think he should.

Pete is at his best when he is chasing his passions. I don’t think the flagship show has been his passion for some time. The few times he has been on the last 4 months, he has come across to me as being unprepared and has allowed the show to lose its focus. I know a lot of people will disagree with me - but can you honestly say that the Pete of today delivers like the Pete from a couple of years ago on the flagship show? By contrast, his DVC show and his new Moving to Orlando Show (kudus to Shawn on that BTW) have been fabulous. But that seems to be where Pete’s passions are currently.

From a fan’s perspective, Deni would be the best host for the show. Graduate Ryno off the board full-time and rotate two other guests with Craig at the controls. Pete will obviously be host Emeritus, but by doing this it maintains the quality of the show and people will no longer be disappointed when a Pete is not hosting yet again. It will make it even more special the times he comes on going forward.

I say all these things with the greatest respect for what the DisBoards are. I truly appreciate the programming they offer and want them to succeed in this flooded market of Disney content.

I literally was just drafting the same thing @CHEMISTSP!

This is going to be unpopular, but I am going to say it anyways. It’s time for Pete to let the show have a new permanent host. It’s time to hand over the reins.
He is too busy, and it is not just corona, he has been for a few years, he has missed a ton of weeks.

The Dollywood convo revealed that the discussion that irked a few folks was mostly because of them just being unprepared and winging it. Their unpreparedness came off as ignorant.
So often in the last year the crew has gotten criticism because they were winging it like last week trying to cover for Pete. Craig gets criticized become of audio issues but he doesn’t even know who he needs to do mic tests with till that morning or night before.

A permanent host (and several could do a good job) would let them look ahead, plan, invite guests, try out new ideas, think more than a week ahead.
I will miss Pete, but it’s been 100% time for a long time.

Last edited:

I listen to the show and haven't noticed a dip in Pete's energy. Maybe people watching it are seeing something that I'm not hearing?

What I will say is that it's jarring and disappointing for him to be absent so often. I know the excuse is often made that it "isn't his number one job," but I have to imagine the show is one of if not the top thing bringing people to his travel business. Consumers expect dependability from your brand, and part of building a brand identity is having the same person reliably at the helm. I can't think of any other podcast or YouTube show where the host is gone so often.

DVC isn't right for me, and although I love Disney I'd never move to Orlando, so I haven't checked out those shows. Glad to hear Pete is doing well in his many new ventures.

I see nothing wrong with naming a new permanent host for the regular show if he's spread too thin. And I second that it should be Deni. I forget what her career background is, but it feels like she has hosting experience. She has personality, but she's also great at reading the news. She's fun at the right times and serious at the right times.

I think Craig deserves to hosting position.

And for what its worth, I think Mr. Werner is very very sick. This is just conjecture, and I hope I am wrong, but he's been gone much of the time.

If I'm wrong, Godspeed. If I am right, I wish the best to you.

Mr. Werner gave me hope. Like him, I am in recovery, but listening to his story of his 1st visit to Disney and his own recovery gave me hope.

Last edited:
Every good thing ends eventually.. I guess over time things got a little stale and off track... I think the best Disney content currently is “The Disney Dish”..with Jim Hill and Len Testa focused informative and funny

I love the Jim Hill podcasts. Especially with Len Testa. Len has been on the DisBoards before. I like when the Dis do collaborations.

I think John does a really good job hosting the show, but I get the feeling he doesn't enjoy it.
I think John does a good job hosting his own show. I think he spends time planning it out with Tracey and Kevin and is always thinking ahead of topics they can present. I think he can and does do the same on the Tuesday show if he has more notice to plan ahead, rather then talking about a list they all thought was meaningless.

Last edited:
Good lord, Pete IS the show.

I disagree. I think the show has evolved. I think that Craig and Rhyno (Rhino) have taken the helms. Sure, Mr. Werner created the whole thing, but when I listen those are the two that I like to hear the most.

I disagree. I think the show has evolved. I think that Craig and Rhyno (Rhino) have taken the helms. Sure, Mr. Werner created the whole thing, but when I listen those are the two that I like to hear the most.
I really like Rhyno but I think Pete is a huge part of the show. I don't mind him taking a break once in a while. It makes me look forward to when he comes back with his straight forward opinions.

Absolutely. I do love everyone but Pete's blunt and honest point of view on discussions is something you do not see with Disney fanatics. He calls them out on any of their awful decisions.

yes just like today's show when he told people who don’t like him talking about his company/ business to screw off and he is doing his best for is own employees and to keep them working during this time so of course he is going to advertise his business every time he can

My goodness. The show is a trainwreck without Pete's guidance. On their own, the two you mentioned are embarrassment of disorganization.
An embarrassment of disorganization? Okay. Whether it's John, Ryno or myself having to fill in sometimes with little or no notice, I think we always pull off an entertaining show at the very least. It's hard to be prepared when you don't have time to prepare. Look at the DISboards videos Ryno puts out, or the Dreams Shows John puts together, and the news updates I cobble up. I shouldn't even have to list off the other videos we put together to prove a point, but maybe realize that you see what gets put on YouTube and not everything that happens leading up to it?

An embarrassment of disorganization? Okay. Whether it's John, Ryno or myself having to fill in sometimes with little or no notice, I think we always pull off an entertaining show at the very least. It's hard to be prepared when you don't have time to prepare. Look at the DISboards videos Ryno puts out, or the Dreams Shows John puts together, and the news updates I cobble up. I shouldn't even have to list off the other videos we put together to prove a point, but maybe realize that you see what gets put on YouTube and not everything that happens leading up to it?

Yes... that was an absolutely BAD comment. I don't know who you are, but everyone does their best.

My question is if the marathon show coming on Sept. 7th will have each member of the team showcasing a/their food this year? I think they had quite a catering spread over the years at the studio and would be a shame if they couldn't muster up something unique for this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter